New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

What he said..should be enough to impeach him.

It violates the Constitution of the United States.

Citation please. Because of course you're full of sh**.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Full of shit?

Take a fucking look in the mirror sometime. And READ the United States Constitution every once in a while.

Nothing you linked proves he should be impeached.

He didn't breach any of that.

Citation please. Because of course you're full of sh**.

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Full of shit?

Take a fucking look in the mirror sometime. And READ the United States Constitution every once in a while.

Interesting. Where exactly does that say that an elected official can never talk about religion? Maybe you should try reading your posts before you try to use them to make a point.

Exactly.
His right to talk about his religion is expressly protected in those particular passages.

:lol: Imagine if a Governor of any state (not just Alabama) said he could not consider religious people to be his brothers and sisters. Then he said he would love them as such, if they converted to be Atheists.

That would be nice, but all politicians are afraid of the religious bloc, and all of them claim to believe.

And what do we generally know about people who believe in ghosts, UFOs, big foot, zombies, Jesus, phantoms, unicorns, ........................:eusa_whistle:

I know they are generally more intelligent and mentally fit than people who are waiting for a brain transplant to afford them immortality....:cuckoo:

''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Is there something besides the fact that Bentley is not a Flaming Queer Democratic Party Wonk that has your panties in a twist?

no matter what this man believes we are all brothers and sisters
....No doubt....and, it should be obvious (to MOST) what that original-sin must have been!!!

(....Even though the boy tried to convince everyone it had something-to-do with an apple!!).
Wankin.gif

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No it isn't, but feel free to keep posting lies.

religious wars are among the most popular type......and violence against each other because of Religion....history is full of this shit.....it may not be the top reason.....but im sure its up there...

Wrong. Wars for power are by far the most popular type, and always have been. And "you're sure" of something that's utterly untrue. Way to form opinions based on prejudice and bigotry rather than fact. I'm disappointed in you.

As it happens, in the list of the top twenty human-created atrocities (ranked by death toll), only one is religious in nature, and that wasn't any of the major religions we know today. It was an ugly little murder cult that existed in India until the 19th century. And even they were probably in it more for the loot than for the religion.

are you serious?....outside of those little skirmishes called the Crusades....between 1560 and 1715...there were dozens of wars and general strife....because of Religion....wars have historically been fought over religion, resources, and land......dont take my word for it Cecile....do what i did.....look it up.....those 3 were the most popular answers.....some Dictator wanting Power wasnt there.....but one of those 3 ( religion, resources, and land.).....were no doubt given as a reason he wants to go to war....

religious wars are among the most popular type......and violence against each other because of Religion....history is full of this shit.....it may not be the top reason.....but im sure its up there...

Wrong. Wars for power are by far the most popular type, and always have been. And "you're sure" of something that's utterly untrue. Way to form opinions based on prejudice and bigotry rather than fact. I'm disappointed in you.

As it happens, in the list of the top twenty human-created atrocities (ranked by death toll), only one is religious in nature, and that wasn't any of the major religions we know today. It was an ugly little murder cult that existed in India until the 19th century. And even they were probably in it more for the loot than for the religion.

are you serious?....outside of those little skirmishes called the Crusades....between 1560 and 1715...there were dozens of wars and general strife....because of Religion....wars have historically been fought over religion, resources, and land......dont take my word for it Cecile....do what i did.....look it up.....those 3 were the most popular answers.....some Dictator wanting Power wasnt there.....but one of those 3 ( religion, resources, and land.).....were no doubt given as a reason he wants to go to war....
most of those wars were not fought FOR religion, but religion was used as an excuse to get others to fight them

Good to know this man is actually "these people", and that MLK Jr's dream of people being judged individually on their own character, rather than as indistinguishable members of a group, is still a long way off.

Cecile.....just by this guy saying what he said.....tells me something of his Character.....im sorry....but i have run into to many "Religious" people that talked just like this guy and they were some of the biggest Hypocrites i have ever had the displeasure of meeting......sorry im just somewhat jaded by this kind of shit....

Good to know this man is actually "these people", and that MLK Jr's dream of people being judged individually on their own character, rather than as indistinguishable members of a group, is still a long way off.
It appears to me that on this thread people are judging the governor for his own character.

it appears to me that on this thread people are revealing their own prejudices.

as usual

color me guilty Del.....i dont like it when some guy walks around saying how HE is saved.....and the rest of the world is not....unless of course you do what he did.....like i said....i have seen to many of these kind of people show me how big a hypocrite they are AND some of them are VERY Judgemental......i would love to see the look on many of these peoples faces when Judgement day comes and MANY of them are told that they are not welcome in the Kingdom of Christ.....because of THEIR Hypercritical,Judgemental Character.....

xtians will deny their bloody heritage because they know their primitive religion is a violent ideology that worships human sacrifice

where in the New Testament is there Human Sacrifice?.......and dont give me the Old Testament shit....When Jesus came on the scene.....the Old Testament became just that....OLD.....

He was doing it inside a church. Maybe if he was doing it at a governor's meeting it would be something to get concerned about.

so you think he was lying about seeing his christian constitutents differently from his non-christian constituents?

Well, xtians do lie about their faith constantly, so it is a possibility

why dont you quit lying Sang?....there are "Christians" out there who dont throw their beliefs in your face and who are really good people......and who are no where near as hypercritical or Judgemental as those who like to tell you how they are going to "Heaven"....and your not.....

It appears to me that on this thread people are judging the governor for his own character.

it appears to me that on this thread people are revealing their own prejudices.

as usual

color me guilty Del.....i dont like it when some guy walks around saying how HE is saved.....and the rest of the world is not....unless of course you do what he did.....like i said....i have seen to many of these kind of people show me how big a hypocrite they are AND some of them are VERY Judgemental......i would love to see the look on many of these peoples faces when Judgement day comes and MANY of them are told that they are not welcome in the Kingdom of Christ.....because of THEIR Hypercritical,Judgemental Character.....

I don't like it when asswipes come onto a message board and declare that people shouldn't be able to publicly assert their religion, despite the constitutional protection of that right.

So what?

xtians will deny their bloody heritage because they know their primitive religion is a violent ideology that worships human sacrifice

where in the New Testament is there Human Sacrifice?.......and dont give me the Old Testament shit....When Jesus came on the scene.....the Old Testament became just that....OLD.....

There's a reason Christ is referred to as the Lamb, you idiot. Jesus was the final sacrifice. And he was human.

Wow.

He has plenty of time to invite people to be Christian when he is not speaking as Governor of his state in his official capacity. There is a time and place for everything, telling people they must accept Christ and be saved by whatever his definition may be in order for him to consider them a "brother" or "sister" takes on a very different tone from the Governor's seat of secular power than it does from the pulpit, or even his living room. If he doesn't understand that, he should.

bingo!
was he speaking at this church as a part of his duties as Governor?

doesnt matter to me Dive.....as soon as he said what did.....my mind went right to those so-called Christians i have known who say the same stuff......i remember at work once...we were all waiting to turn in our keys....the guy who takes them was one of these people whom i speak of....always had his Bible with him.....he was talking with another guy who also carried his bible....no big deal there....but one of the carriers remarked how we have to get off the clock ...talk later....well this guy looked at the guy he was talking to and said....."well jimmy i guess we know who is going to see our Lord and who is going to fall in the Crack to Hell".....give me a break.....we got on his ass real quick.....i dont care for that type of person...."Thou is better than Thee"......fuck them....

My bet is that Obama treats his daughters like daughters, and others, not so much. Do you have a problem with that, or is it only Republicans do it that you have a gripe?

Quantum.....just what the guy said.....tells me that is what he feels....thats enough for me.....i have met quite a few that have openly expressed the same shit......its like saying..."well im saved,your not.....im on a different plane than you,God loves me....YOU...well we will see wont we"....

And what you are saying tells me that your problem is not with him, but with Christians in general. Believe it or not, that is not his problem.

only the type of Christian that talks like this guy.....and if he is around me.....it will be his problem.....

was he speaking at this church as a part of his duties as Governor?

doesnt matter to me Dive.....as soon as he said what did.....my mind went right to those so-called Christians i have known who say the same stuff......i remember at work once...we were all waiting to turn in our keys....the guy who takes them was one of these people whom i speak of....always had his Bible with him.....he was talking with another guy who also carried his bible....no big deal there....but one of the carriers remarked how we have to get off the clock ...talk later....well this guy looked at the guy he was talking to and said....."well jimmy i guess we know who is going to see our Lord and who is going to fall in the Crack to Hell".....give me a break.....we got on his ass real quick.....i dont care for that type of person...."Thou is better than Thee"......fuck them....
sure it matters, it goes to the context
his speech at the church(sermon if you wish) was not in the role of Governor

Well, xtians do lie about their faith constantly, so it is a possibility

I won't say that. But I will say that if the guy was a muslim, a jew or an atheist and saying the same thing, the people who are high-fiving each other here would be having a nervous breakdown.

Just because everyone on your side of the debate is a hypocrite does not mean everyone on this side is.

oh really?.....EVERYONE on Jills side is a hypocrite?........pitch that Tent Quantum..... i think your Windbag side might be showing up....

I won't say that. But I will say that if the guy was a muslim, a jew or an atheist and saying the same thing, the people who are high-fiving each other here would be having a nervous breakdown.

Just because everyone on your side of the debate is a hypocrite does not mean everyone on this side is.

oh really?.....EVERYONE on Jills side is a hypocrite?........pitch that Tent Quantum..... i think your Windbag side might be showing up....

I can't speak for anyone else, but i'm pretty attuned to the fact that i'd be comfortable with my own religion being in the lead, but wouldn't want anyone else's shoved down my throat..... which means i know that no one's religion should be made part of government... and i know i don't want anyone who can't separate his day job from his religion shouldn't be a leader.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i'm pretty attuned to the fact that i'd be comfortable with my own religion being in the lead, but wouldn't want anyone else's shoved down my throat..... which means i know that no one's religion should be made part of government... and i know i don't want anyone who can't separate his day job from his religion shouldn't be a leader.
i'm still waiting for some proof he said this as part of his job as Governor

Forum List

Back