New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

We need to start seeing the economic models as well so people have a better picture of the impacts of various scenarios as well.

The data is there I'm sure and it should be presented to the American people so they know what that is going to look like as well.

I definitely agree. If the people are walking into a situation with open eyes and decide to sink the economy for a 100 generations for a slightly better outcome with this coronavirus bullshit, that's fine.

But people have to have the information so they can realistically count the cost in living standards and weigh it against any benefit.

I don't like the idea of people pretending that there is no cost associated with a long term economic lockdown

Exactly. Right now they've been bombarded with data from the medical side which has some convinced we must do anything, no matter the cost. That's a moral decision. Fine. I get it, but we have not gotten similar information on the economic cost, which is directly related to these decisions, which would allow people to make an informed decision as to whether or not they agree with a given path.

Either way, we deserve to know how a given path impacts us economically.

I think the death/infection numbers are being cooked. The Ohio Dept of Health said on 12 March that 100,000 Ohioites were infected and the number was doubling every 6 days. Puts the number of infected now at more than a million in Ohio.

Yet, less than a hundred had died in the whole state, that's a death rate of less than 0.01%. A whole lot less than the 2 and 3 percent they have been jabbering about.
it's obvious they're being cooked. They are calling the ratio of deaths over the number of people with symptoms "the mortality rate." Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that isn't how you calculate the mortality rate.

Last edited:
So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

How many do we have every year with the flu?

Yeah this is spreading much faster than the flu. Are you denying that?

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

It’s no deadline than the flue because you say so, but as of today it’s 20x more deadly. Believe me I want to get back to a normal economy, but there won’t be a normal economy if people are getting sick and dropping like flies. We are forced to mitigate the virus. We can’t just go back to normal because that’s what you want.

People aren't dropping like flies....people who are over 80 with complications are dying.......and they are vulnerable to the seasonal flu the same way.........
Only folks over 80 is a lie.

Lives lost for the "progress" of capital is nothing new in america. It is how we got here after all, current pandemic shortages and all. We allow tens of thousands to die annually of the flu, fvck it, hellthcare in america is for profit. Societal priorities, our "way of life's" consequences. We allow tens of thousands to die annually of lack of hellthcare coverage. We will allow millions more to join the uninsured due to COVID-19 job losses

As you watch our trajectory soar like an eagle, remind your MAGA self that the US and S Korea both diagnosed their first COVID-19 cases on the same day, Jan21.

Fweedumb.
95% of them are over 75

Love to see your "data".

Oh well, then fvck them, who cares. We're all about fweedumb and equawity for all-n-shit.

5e81f6460c2a6261b1771b05

The same experts who are telling us to continue the shutdown for a year
(They don't exist)

They sure as hell do.

for a year told us that face masks didn't do any good for the general population.
(Never said by any expert, much less the unicorns bripat just invented out of thin air)
ROFL!

Surgeon General Urges the Public to Stop Buying Face Masks

More Americans Should Probably Wear Masks for Protection

The same experts who are telling us to continue the shutdown for a year
(They don't exist)

They sure as hell do.

for a year told us that face masks didn't do any good for the general population.
(Never said by any expert, much less the unicorns bripat just invented out of thin air)
ROFL!

Surgeon General Urges the Public to Stop Buying Face Masks

More Americans Should Probably Wear Masks for Protection

This entire story about an Apocalyptic Pandemic sounds a lot like the Global Warming Panic.

The people are being asked, being required, to take dramatic action that will highly damage them economically to avert a catastrophe. And the experts keep changing the story, cooking the numbers and moving the goal posts to ensure compliance.

The consequences of this are being kept quiet by those that put us into it lest there be real facts and thus a rebellion

So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

It’s no deadline than the flue because you say so, but as of today it’s 20x more deadly. Believe me I want to get back to a normal economy, but there won’t be a normal economy if people are getting sick and dropping like flies. We are forced to mitigate the virus. We can’t just go back to normal because that’s what you want.

People aren't dropping like flies....people who are over 80 with complications are dying.......and they are vulnerable to the seasonal flu the same way.........

theres a lot of people in this country that are not old and still fall into higher risk categories. And I’m not willing to give up on the lives of my parents. I trust the experts that what we’re doing will save lives. You don’t or you don’t care. Let’s just leave it at that.
Do whatever you like for your parents, but you don't have the right to deny a paycheck to tens of millions of Americans because your parents might get corona virus.

Whom am I denying a paycheck to? I simply agree with the government and the experts on their recommended guidelines. Do I have to share the same opinion as yours, otherwise I’m denying checks to people?
What an idiot. What do you imagine you are demanding when you insist the entire economy shutdown? You're telling us that tens of millions of people aren't entitled to earn a living.

You're a moron who isn't worth debating.

Hey asshole, who am I or your dumb ass for that matter to insist on anything? I’m merely a citizen who happens to agree with the government listening to world renown experts on the measures that need to be taken. You think it’s a leftist conspiracy to ruin this country because you’re a fucking idiot. And you don’t want to accept how vulnerable our population is to this virus because on top of being a paranoid idiot, you’re also a dumbass that thinks you’re more qualified then all the experts around the world that are all working in concert to help with the situation. In short go fuck yourself, ignorant asshole.

We are listening to the world experts but the few facts that are slipping out indicates the Average Joe has a 2.5% chance of catching this and a .01% chance of dying from it.
We just don’t think the shutdown is worth it and don’t think that every safe spacing cellar dweller has any “right” to make sure they don’t get it by impounding us.

Do these people think letting the economy crash will have no negative impact or cost lives just curious if they consider that. It's rather sad that we have become such an either or society and that we now believe we can't try and accomplish both keeping people safe and saving the economy.

Yes, no focus on slowing the curve. Because as we've been advised by an Orange Turd, MILLIONS would be committing suicide! :icon_rolleyes:
So why hasn’t the curve been flattened in NY, where #PresidentCuomo is in charge?

Doesn't have a damn thing to do with politics. It has to do with incompetency at the top.
So where is the Democrat plan to deal with it? Two months ago they were telling us President Trump was the greatest threat to national security, not a virus spreading through Asia.

The Democrats were right... The Virus could been handled, US was the last big first world country to have to deal with it but Trump incompetence and lack of preparation has seen US having the highest rates of growth daily... Unfortunately this is going to get worse... NYC is far better set up health system especially public health than many other states...
Generally speaking the worse health systems in US are in red states...

Bullshit. The US has one of the lowest per capita rates of COVID-19 of major countries actually doing widespread testing.

Within the US, the worst places hit are blue state shit holes, like N.Y., Washington state, etc.
Hell, New York alone has 1/3rd the US cases.

Do these people think letting the economy crash will have no negative impact or cost lives just curious if they consider that. It's rather sad that we have become such an either or society and that we now believe we can't try and accomplish both keeping people safe and saving the economy.
No one belives this. Every one knows the economy is important. Having healthy people to work it is also important. Here we are dealing with a crisis the magnitude of which only happens every hundred years or so. Imagine you are the one dealing with it. We all know there are tipping point to whixh we can no longer come back from. We could lose enough lives that it could kill an economy for generations. On the other hand we could hurt the economy bad enough through our solutions of keeping every one alive bad enough to hurt the economy for generations. Pretty bad choices on both sides the fence. No one alive today has dealt with some thing of this magnitude. All we have to draw upon is the 1918 pandemic and how much of that info is even still available. I agree we need to do both try and save people and the economy. The question is how. Aside from a vaccine we only have two ways to go. Put most people back to work and risk the possibilty of every one on the planet contracting it., or try and quarintine until we have better medicine to deal with it. Either is a big risk. What is happening is worst case scenario. We are doing half measures which means we will likely do both destroy the economy and kill a large portion of the population. Beliving our scientists can combat this thing with a vaccine in the near future seems to be the best bet so drastic quarintine would be required. We know that in the past quarintine was a big part of how past generations dealt with it. So more good evidence on that side of the argument. That all being said we may never come up with a vaccine. Big risk all the way around but some one has to pull the trigger and make it one way or the other and hope for the best.

We have to accept the fact that democrats are engaged in treason. They are leveraging this event to weaken America and allow a foreign power, China, to gain supremacy over America. Every day America is idled will take a month for recovery.

Let me ask you, are the police immune from Wuhan virus? What about fire fighters? If not, shouldn't they shelter in place? Or are you saying they are expendable and their safety doesn't matter? What about truck drivers, shouldn't they shelter in place? Grocery store clerks? Shut down all stores for 6 months. And utility workers, let's shut off the lights and your XBox. No need for running water, we must shelter in place. Are you placing your want to flush toilets above the lives of utility workers?
Blah,blah, blah, your a dumb fuck. Both possibilties exist. No fucking treason just two choices as to how to go. Make a choice and go with with it. Either reopen economy now or quarintine enough to stop the spread. What other choice is there dumb fuck? Our leaders have not made either choice. Bad out comes couold happen with either choice. The worst will happen if no one has the balls to make the decision and we stay on current course. You are obviously on the side of open the economy now. I am on the side of quarinteen. The only way to find out who is right is for one trigger or the other to be pulled. Some one needs to decide and soon.

Duck and cover comrade?

See, none of you leftists can answer this. If grocery clerks can adapt to work safely, then why can't everyone else?

Yes, reopen the economy, NOW. Make provisions to protect ourselves, use PPE, space out, but OPEN AMERICA BACK UP.
Store clerks can practice social distancing and hang glass between them and the public. I work on a boat multiple people in small space all having to work in unicen and at closed quaters to get the fish on the boat. Having forty three guys with the shits on 11 foot waves working in close quarters is not likely a good idea. Belive me when I say I would rather be on the water especialy this time of year as the weather is getting alot better. My job is actually extremely fun for the next 5 months or so. I will be back to work tomarrow. My solution is getting a small boat in the water and just fish all by my lonesome. I would imagine that is what most the guys are doing. We can get away with it for the next month or so because the bite is crazy good right now but when the bite slows all those extra fuel costs from one guy per boat is going to add up. I am going from trying to take vacationers to have a good time and sport fish to trying to cover costs by selling the meat. no way this will work when water temps get over 68 degrees. Working in a whare house is a similar situation people have to get in close quarters to accomplishthe task.

Either way I would hop on your band wagon over the half measures being taken right now. The scuttle but around here is the governemnt is going the quarintine way and the national guard is quietly moving into place. I am not going to claim to know what will actually happen more than any one else.

So then, you CAN adapt.

Yes, no focus on slowing the curve. Because as we've been advised by an Orange Turd, MILLIONS would be committing suicide! :icon_rolleyes:
So why hasn’t the curve been flattened in NY, where #PresidentCuomo is in charge?

Doesn't have a damn thing to do with politics. It has to do with incompetency at the top.
So where is the Democrat plan to deal with it? Two months ago they were telling us President Trump was the greatest threat to national security, not a virus spreading through Asia.

The Democrats were right... The Virus could been handled, US was the last big first world country to have to deal with it but Trump incompetence and lack of preparation has seen US having the highest rates of growth daily... Unfortunately this is going to get worse... NYC is far better set up health system especially public health than many other states...
Generally speaking the worse health systems in US are in red states...

Bullshit. The US has one of the lowest per capita rates of COVID-19 of major countries actually doing widespread testing.

Within the US, the worst places hit are blue state shit holes, like N.Y., Washington state, etc.
Hell, New York alone has 1/3rd the US cases.

You're crowing around 2-3 weeks too soon Tard. The new hotspots are in Florida and Georgia. Enjoy that won't ya?

theres a lot of people in this country that are not old and still fall into higher risk categories. And I’m not willing to give up on the lives of my parents. I trust the experts that what we’re doing will save lives. You don’t or you don’t care. Let’s just leave it at that.
Do whatever you like for your parents, but you don't have the right to deny a paycheck to tens of millions of Americans because your parents might get corona virus.

Whom am I denying a paycheck to? I simply agree with the government and the experts on their recommended guidelines. Do I have to share the same opinion as yours, otherwise I’m denying checks to people?
What an idiot. What do you imagine you are demanding when you insist the entire economy shutdown? You're telling us that tens of millions of people aren't entitled to earn a living.

You're a moron who isn't worth debating.

Hey asshole, who am I or your dumb ass for that matter to insist on anything? I’m merely a citizen who happens to agree with the government listening to world renown experts on the measures that need to be taken. You think it’s a leftist conspiracy to ruin this country because you’re a fucking idiot. And you don’t want to accept how vulnerable our population is to this virus because on top of being a paranoid idiot, you’re also a dumbass that thinks you’re more qualified then all the experts around the world that are all working in concert to help with the situation. In short go fuck yourself, ignorant asshole.
A bunch of leftists are conspiring to destroy the economy, and assholes like you are supporting them. Anyone who believes we can keep the economy can be shutdown for a year is a fucking lunatic. I point, particularly, at Dr Fauci, the well know Hillary admirer. This virus is no worse than a bad flu. If everyone in the country was infected, only a couple hundred thousand people would die. We all know that they mortality rate will be much lower. I would be surprised if it goes over 50,000. You have to fucking crazy to want to destroy our economy and cause a great depression over that. More people than that die every year on the highway or from the flu.

You're fucking dumb and a douchebag on top of that.

I think they have been proven right given Trump's failure to stop or contain the virus in the United States.

Comrade, do you think Super Fairy Barry would have put on bicycle shorts and wrestled the Wuhan virus to the ground, saving everyone?

Weren't you Bolsheviks throwing a fit over him suspending flights from China, calling him RACIST? If he had done as you Marxists wanted, wouldn't the spread be worse? Also, how much does the open border contribute to Florida and Louisiana outbreaks? The open border is 100% on the Communist Chinese democrats, 100%

I think they have been proven right given Trump's failure to stop or contain the virus in the United States.

What would Sleepy Joe have done to prevent the virus ? How would Biden's Open Border policy helped to contain it?

Every case of Wuhan virus in Florida and Louisiana is the fault of the open border that the democrats insisted on.

.they are literally drooling in anticipation of a Great Depression.....the Crisis they have all been waiting for, praying for to their god "Government...."

The Great Depression years were the high point of Liberalism here in America. They had this guy, FDR, who tried to fix everything. Established unemployment checks, social security, welfare checks, public housing projects and so much more. Didn't cure the economic woes however, the Friday before Japan pulled a Pearl Harbor job on us in Hawaii, we still had double digit unemployment.

Then government spending really kicked in after Pearl Harbor, and the United States turned into a Superpower!

Is that what you think happened, Comrade? You don't think the absolute destruction of the infrastructure in Europe and Japan had a thing to do with it?

New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

Americans support drastic efforts to stop coronavirus, expect crisis to last for months in Public Agenda/USA TODAY/Ipsos poll
Joel Shannon, USA TODAY
USA TODAYApril 3, 2020, 4:30 AM EDT

The poll, conducted March 27-30 on behalf of Public Agenda and USA TODAY, surveyed U.S. adults as a part of the Hidden Common Ground initiative, which aims to examine issues that divide America along with potential solutions. The online poll has a credibility interval, akin to a margin of error, of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Americans choose saving lives over the health of the US economy
Clinton is among the majority (72%)of respondents who believe the government's priority should be saving lives by stopping the spread of the virus, as opposed to sparing the economy.

Only about 1 in 5 said the government's main priority should be saving the economy.

So Americans are economically retarded? Shocking. Wait till them bellies start grumbling...that shit will change Quickly....believe me....believe me.

In terms of business, food is a booming business. Grocery Stores are making record profits.
Food is free? When them bellies start grumbling...people are going to start saying 'fuck the sick, i need a job'.

No one is starving. Even the homeless don't starve. Plus government checks, 2 Trillion dollars worth are on the way. The essential services economy is booming and the government is still working. That's more than 50% of the economy right there.
That is hardly going to be sufficient if this shutdown lasts for a year, shit for brains.

In a country worth over 90 Trillion dollars where 80% of that wealth is held by the top 20%, it will be plenty.
You're a fool.They may owe 80% of the wealth, but the rest of the population does 90% of the spending. They can's spend if they don't have a paycheck.

2 Trillion dollars in Government checks on the way!

$1.5 trillion of those checks on the way into the pockets of Pelosi and her cronies. Americans will get the scraps.

Translation: it's where you turn for affirmation of your idiotic Trump talking points.

Hey everyone, wanna see Fort Fun Indiana cry?

Watch the TDS morons insist that any vaccine has to go through the usual FDA year and half long approval process. They will kick and scream for it.

Forum List

Back