New NY Gun law to pass today. Run for the hills!! lol

Yeah, so? You can still own them, you just have to jump through a few hoops.

No, I can NOT own one, and neither can you.

Bill Gates can, or Nancy Pelosi can, with an army of lawyers to create the waiver.

Automatic weapons are illegal - end of story.

I never said you could own one without any regulations at all, did I?

Peasants can't own one at all.

Yeah, so? You can still own them, you just have to jump through a few hoops.

No, I can NOT own one, and neither can you.

Bill Gates can, or Nancy Pelosi can, with an army of lawyers to create the waiver.

Automatic weapons are illegal - end of story.

I never said you could own one without any regulations at all, did I?

Peasants can't own one at all.

No they're not. You just have to have a license. I know lots of folks with them.

Last edited:
Probably not. Does your deer rifle have a detachable magazine and one of the other characteristics I listed above?

ps: I first mis-typed and wrote a folding or telescoping SIGHT. My most recent post corrects that to a folding or telescoping STOCK.

I have wrist issues. It has a thumb hole stock and a detachable mag. So there I am.

If you live in New York, you can still use your guns. You'll just have to register them. So what? Owners of fully automatic weapons have been doing that for decades and nobody has come to get theirs yet.

Sycophants love making excuses for the professional psychopaths of choice. Seriously, it doesn't matter because like many, many others, the weapons that are held will not get registered. The data base will sit backlogged for decades adn the whole thing will turn into a shit show NY can't afford.

Laws could be made by rational people to make it very difficult for them to get their hands on a gun.

And that is where you are wrong. No law has ever made it difficult for people to get their hands on heroin, prostitutes, alcohol, abortion services, or gay sex. And no law to date has ever stopped a person from getting their hand on a gun.

The nation isn't listening to your NRA bullshit and the NRA, which used to be a damned good organization, better change to become extinct.

We aren't making laws approved by kooks.

To be done by executive action:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

You're a true shit for brains moron. Please, do us all a favor and stop wasting precious oxygen.

No law in this country. Certainly have been laws in plenty of other countries that have worked at preventing guns from getting in to peoples hands. We could certainly examine those countries and learn something from them.

Name one country that has eliminated violent crime.

So it has to be completely eliminated for it to mean something? All or nothing is the game you're going to play, really?

Accidents, not murders. Big Difference.

Fuck you're slow.

Drunk driving is vehicular homicide, not an "accident." It dwarfs gun homicide.

{Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 48 minutes.}

CDC - Impaired Driving Facts - Motor Vehicle Safety - Injury Center

And how much has drunk driving related deaths been reduced since we started passing laws to target it? I guess legislation does work, thanks for proving that.

LOL, Rube.

You don't know how to read the Constitution.

Well, don't read it as "All power is vested in the state, with a king who shall preside uncontested," as you do.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

See a pattern, sparky?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

But suddenly, no pattern, eh Comrade?

1097 criminals showed up today in New York to turn themselves in for breaking the laws on guns and they also turned in their guns.

Forum List

Back