New Mexico, let the party begin

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
A pro-gun group is suing the New Mexico governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham, in an effort to block a 30-day emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public in Albuquerque’s Bernalillo county issued last week.

The president of the pro-gun group, Dudley Brown, accused the governor of “throwing up a middle finger to the constitution and the supreme court”.

New Mexico’s Republican state senate minority leader, Greg Baca, described Lujan Grisham’s order as “egregiously unconstitutional” and said he was preparing a legal challenge.

Gun rights group sues New Mexico governor over emergency firearm ban

Some people get it... people who can do something about it:

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The sheriff in New Mexico’s largest metro area vowed Monday not to enforce an emergency order by the governor to temporarily suspend the right to carry firearms in public in and around the city of Albuquerque.

“It’s unconstitutional, so there’s no way we can enforce that order,” Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said during a news conference. “This ban does nothing to curb gun violence...”

Hey Unkotare , ask all your globalist buddies why the ABQ is such a dangerous, disgusting super-shithole?
OH WAIT…nevermind, the answer is found in this pie chart.

1AFD31F3-9F99-4916-932D-B74D69AAE196.png

New Mexico's Governor Suspends the Right To Bear Arms, Saying the Second Amendment Is Not 'Absolute'​

Local police officials are leery of enforcing Michelle Lujan Grisham's ban on public carry, which gun rights groups have challenged in federal court.​

". . . The order covers "cities or counties averaging 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 residents per year since 2021," a criterion currently met only by Bernalillo County. Grisham, a Democrat, says the carry ban is a necessary response to "recent shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6, as well as two mass shootings this year." At a press conference on Friday, she conceded that the order was apt to be challenged in court as a violation of the Second Amendment but added, "I welcome the debate and the fight about making New Mexicans safer."

New Mexico Gov. Lujan Grisham holds news conference on gun violence​

1694486617383.png

1694486704814.png

1694487036853.png

1694487137920.png

I can't find a single person in the comments that supports this tyranny.

Governor announces statewide enforcement plan for gun violence, fentanyl reduction – Plan includes 30-day suspension of concealed, open carry in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County​

I've seen this but I haven't dug into it.
Does she give a reason for the 30 day ban?
She is hiding behind the old liars trick of saying it’s for the children. Anyone with more cognitive ability than Biden can past that bullshit. It’s to set a precedent. If you can get away with 30 days then you can push for 90, or 120, or 365

New Mexico's Governor Suspends the Right To Bear Arms, Saying the Second Amendment Is Not 'Absolute'​

Local police officials are leery of enforcing Michelle Lujan Grisham's ban on public carry, which gun rights groups have challenged in federal court.​

". . . The order covers "cities or counties averaging 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 residents per year since 2021," a criterion currently met only by Bernalillo County. Grisham, a Democrat, says the carry ban is a necessary response to "recent shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6, as well as two mass shootings this year." At a press conference on Friday, she conceded that the order was apt to be challenged in court as a violation of the Second Amendment but added, "I welcome the debate and the fight about making New Mexicans safer."

New Mexico Gov. Lujan Grisham holds news conference on gun violence​

View attachment 828125
View attachment 828127
View attachment 828133
View attachment 828137

I can't find a single person in the comments that supports this tyranny.

Governor announces statewide enforcement plan for gun violence, fentanyl reduction – Plan includes 30-day suspension of concealed, open carry in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County​

No, even David Hogg and Ted Lieu were like, this is bullshit. Now why they said it, I don't know, but they know it's a massive loser .

She is hiding behind the old liars trick of saying it’s for the children. Anyone with more cognitive ability than Biden can past that bullshit. It’s to set a precedent. If you can get away with 30 days then you can push for 90, or 120, or 365

From the little I've read she says it's about crime.
How exactly does taking guns from the law abiding reduce crime?

How exactly does taking guns from the law abiding reduce crime?
If you looked at that post of mine about, in that video above, in that council meeting she was asked that question at minute mark, 33:21.

She explicitly tells the person asking the question, she does not expect the criminals to follow her edict or for it to reduce crime.

Her hope is that folks will tattle on each other who are the law abiding folks, so she can grab guns. . .

🙄

But from there? There is no explanation how we go from that, to making her feel that will reduce tragedies, other than her saying, "at least I am doing something!"

Forum List

Back