New material holds twice as much hydrogen by volume as cryogenic liquification

Anyone remember my comments about sodium borate?
No to your question.

With reference to the link, I'm not, but if I was going to have to buy an eco car, it wouldn't be electric, I would plumb for hydrogen. The only two concerns I would have though, do hydrogen storage tanks spontaneously blow up like EV's just burst into flames, and how do hydrogen ehickes perform in accidents, for example,will insurance companies want to write them off?

As for the material in the link, probably one of several million inventions that no one ever gets to see or use.

No to your question.

With reference to the link, I'm not, but if I was going to have to buy an eco car, it wouldn't be electric, I would plumb for hydrogen. The only two concerns I would have though, do hydrogen storage tanks spontaneously blow up like EV's just burst into flames, and how do hydrogen ehickes perform in accidents, for example,will insurance companies want to write them off?

As for the material in the link, probably one of several million inventions that no one ever gets to see or use.

I just looked again at the link.

1711641233475.png

"Per liter of pore volume", not "per liter".
How much volume does the Mg(BH4)2 take up?
Probably a lot more than the actual hydrogen.

And, of course, no mention of how you get the hydrogen back out.

No to your question.

It's proof the problem is soluble. And no, hydrogen tanks do not spontaneously explode. For that matter, nothing spontaneously explodes. By "ehickes" did you mean "vehicles"? Both fuel cell and hydrogen combustion vehicles perform just fine. Both are driving on our roads right now.

It's proof the problem is soluble. And no, hydrogen tanks do not spontaneously explode. For that matter, nothing spontaneously explodes. By "ehickes" did you mean "vehicles"? Both fuel cell and hydrogen combustion vehicles perform just fine. Both are driving on our roads right now.
Unfortunately, lithium does catch fire and hydrogen tanks can and do explode. The gas burns with an invisible flame. Apart from the freak spontaneous fire/explosion, the problem with anything is called a human. So when incorrect use occurs, and crashing, that's where most problems happen.

Hydrogen is the route to go down, not sure yet that creating a material that can double the storage, is wise for the peasants in their cars.

The desirability of the pollution reduction in using hydrogen may easily outweigh the small energy difference between using it and 'fossil' fuels.

That's nice.... Now if the hydrogen would just kindly separate itself without using energy we'll be all set.
Several researchers have developed solar cells that electrolyee water using solar irradiance. And water separated with electricity produced by non-emitting technologies is harmless.

Several researchers have developed solar cells that electrolyee water using solar irradiance. And water separated with electricity produced by non-emitting technologies is harmless.
Hmm...another massively consumptive project that...lemme guess just builds itself yes?

And only 10 times as expensive as fossil fuels.
Damn hydrogen flames burn crazy hot! One of the problems with a pure hydrogen flame in the furnaces is the burner tip.
Pretty expensive part....don't want to buy one every 6 months.

Forum List

Back