New Jersey wants to suspend license of drivers who eat or drink while driving

You people act as if this is something new. It's not

I used to commute into Boston quite a bit and used to see people with a newspaper spread out on the steering wheel. Guys shaving. Women putting on make up all while doing 70 mph

The media has brainwashed the public into thinking that reckless driving is ok and highway homicide doesn't really count. People are idiots.

What needs to be done is the automakers should be required to install an electronic device that automatically blocks all cell signals above a certain speed, let's say 5mph.

How about Tesla model x auto pilot? . I tested and it looks cool...... But I still do not trust it. Maybe I'll wait for another year.

Often, when driving on city streets or highways, I see drivers with their heads turned away from the road, looking at the person next to them and talking. If drinking a soda is distracting, even more so is talking to passengers in the car. I can sip on a drink and still watch the road ahead of me, while drivers talking to passengers are actually not even looking at the road. So, who's more dangerous?

There is no way to enforce a ban on talking while driving. But we can enforce a ban on eating while driving.
I can see banning eating while driving, sipping on a drink however, isn't dangerous.

Often, when driving on city streets or highways, I see drivers with their heads turned away from the road, looking at the person next to them and talking. If drinking a soda is distracting, even more so is talking to passengers in the car. I can sip on a drink and still watch the road ahead of me, while drivers talking to passengers are actually not even looking at the road. So, who's more dangerous?
Passengers? How often does anyone see a car with more than one person in it?
Regularly.

I can see banning eating while driving, sipping on a drink however, isn't dangerous.

Of course sipping on a drink is dangerous.You hit a bump and spill some hot coffee on yourself and you're gonna go ballistic.

You people act as if this is something new. It's not

I used to commute into Boston quite a bit and used to see people with a newspaper spread out on the steering wheel. Guys shaving. Women putting on make up all while doing 70 mph

The media has brainwashed the public into thinking that reckless driving is ok and highway homicide doesn't really count. People are idiots.
And you seem to think that people didn't drive distracted before they had cell phones

Forum List

Back