New Jersey wants to suspend license of drivers who eat or drink while driving

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
If americans had any brains, they would all support this. Careless drivers are literally a thousand times bigger risk to you than terrorists.

Proposed bill could ticket NJ drivers for eating, drinking coffee

aug 6 2016 NEW JERSEY (WTXF) Some lawmakers in New Jersey have proposed a bill that would have police in the Garden State cracking down even harder on distracted drivers.

And that means some big fines for something as simple as eating while you're behind the wheel. However, not everybody's on board with the proposed bill.

New Jersey has been involved in a constant battle to crackdown on distracted driving. Texting or talking on cell phones while driving is already illegal but some legislators believe that's not enough.

Penalties would be up to $400 for a first offense and a license suspension for multiple offenses. That may seem a little severe but perhaps not when you consider the consequences of distracted driving.

If americans had any brains, they would all support this. Careless drivers are literally a thousand times bigger risk to you than terrorists.

Proposed bill could ticket NJ drivers for eating, drinking coffee

aug 6 2016 NEW JERSEY (WTXF) Some lawmakers in New Jersey have proposed a bill that would have police in the Garden State cracking down even harder on distracted drivers.

And that means some big fines for something as simple as eating while you're behind the wheel. However, not everybody's on board with the proposed bill.

New Jersey has been involved in a constant battle to crackdown on distracted driving. Texting or talking on cell phones while driving is already illegal but some legislators believe that's not enough.

Penalties would be up to $400 for a first offense and a license suspension for multiple offenses. That may seem a little severe but perhaps not when you consider the consequences of distracted driving.

Live in Texas and drive down the 59\69 any time during the day near Houston and discover the insane amount of drivers with their head glued to their phone, texting or drinking and eating while driving and as I wrote my chance of being killed by one of them is greater than being killed by ISIL or someone with a gun...

I agree, the habit of talking on the phone is out of control. I haven't a clue what you can do about it, fines don't seem to work.

I can't tell you how many outfits I've ruined trying to eat a taco while driving. It's a good idea, imo. But a cup of coffee? A cold Bud, yes, coffee no. Drinking bottled water/sipping coffee really doesn't really take your eyes from the road. Now dumping half a taco in your lap and all over your blouse, now that's distracting.

NJ is not trying to ban drinking coffee while driving, they just want to expand the definition of distracted driving beyond cell phones

I can't tell you how many outfits I've ruined trying to eat a taco while driving. It's a good idea, imo. But a cup of coffee? A cold Bud, yes, coffee no. Drinking bottled water/sipping coffee really doesn't really take your eyes from the road. Now dumping half a taco in your lap and all over your blouse, now that's distracting.

LOL, I remember once stopping for a burrito wearing my best suit. Luckily I had taken off my jacket and I muched into that fat tortilla so hungry I couldn't wait. Only to get a quarter of the thing on my white shirt. I swear it looked like someone had a bad case of diarrhea on my shirt. Lucky for me I had a white shirt and tie in the car so I was able to save the day and I am grateful this was before Facebook because I'm sure I would have been famous.

• Banned
Live in Texas and drive down the 59\69 any time during the day near Houston and discover the insane amount of drivers with their head glued to their phone, texting or drinking and eating while driving and as I wrote my chance of being killed by one of them is greater than being killed by ISIL or someone with a gun...

No question about it. Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

Most americans are too brainwashed to see that.

What needs to be done is the automakers should be required to install an electronic device that automatically blocks all cell signals above a certain speed, let's say 5mph.

What needs to be done is the automakers should be required to install an electronic device that automatically blocks all cell signals above a certain speed, let's say 5mph.

What about passengers wanting to make a call?

That and I think the argument has been made that a kidnap victim wouldn't be able to call for help.

Anywho, ban eating if you want, but I am gonna have my soda in my car regardless of any laws they pass.

The government already allow hands free calls
I agree, the habit of talking on the phone is out of control. I haven't a clue what you can do about it, fines don't seem to work.

So let's suspend the licenses. THINK

A bit rash but taking the bus or train for a couple months could have an effect.

Rash??? These people are killers and psychopaths with no concern for the lives of others. THINK

LOL, that's a rash opinion.

How will that stop people from eating while drivng? THINK

What about passengers wanting to make a call?
That and I think the argument has been made that a kidnap victim wouldn't be able to call for help.

HAHAHA. Are you serious.?? KIdnap victim??? HAHAHA. That's like saying drunk driving should be legalized because your kid might get sick while you're drunk in your house and you would have to drive the kid to the hospital!!! uranidiot

Forum List

Back