New Fraud Warning

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Check your banking for any fraudulent charges from OMATEL-MOBILE app. I just had 2 for $31.66. My card is now blocked and bank will be investigating.
I also received a text asking telling me my card had been blocked and to answer the call when it comes. This may not have come from my bank and I was already on the phone with my bank when their call came. Obviously I did not answer it.
May be a massive breach because I'm on a call back to talk with the real fraud department with one hour plus wait times.

Actually the wait time was less than 10 minutes so that was a good thing.

Check your banking for any fraudulent charges from OMATEL-MOBILE app. I just had 2 for $31.66. My card is now blocked and bank will be investigating.
I also received a text asking telling me my card had been blocked and to answer the call when it comes. This may not have come from my bank and I was already on the phone with my bank when their call came. Obviously I did not answer it.
May be a massive breach because I'm on a call back to talk with the real fraud department with one hour plus wait times.

Actually the wait time was less than 10 minutes so that was a good thing.
Sounds like it's tablet/phone app related, no?

Yeah it is. For all I know it could be just my account or just my bank. Thing is I do not use any pay apps on my cell phone so they couldn't have gotten it that way.
I use a dedicated encrypted drive for business stuff.

Yeah it is. For all I know it could be just my account or just my bank. Thing is I do not use any pay apps on my cell phone so they couldn't have gotten it that way.

With the right info they can open accounts in your name and on your device. It's called 'spoofing'. All they need are routing numbers.

Just stop using plastic already. Every fricking company and bank on the planet has been hacked, and idiots still run around swiping plastic and typing out card numbers for a fricking soda pop or candy bar, then cry about 'getting hacked n stuff'.

Many states are now trying to pass laws making retailers take cash. It's about time.

Forum List

Back