New Florida law will allow officers to ticket drivers playing music too loudly

The Bronco that I ordered last October, and am still waiting for Ford to get around to building, will have the Lux Package, with includes the best sound system that Ford offers.

Perhaps if that sound system turns out to be up to it, I'll take to driving through neighborhoods at 02:00 in the morning, blasting some real music at absurd volume.

Not crap, but real music, chosen among those that would benefit from being played in a loud, grand manner.

Possible pieces…
  • The opening movement from Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss
  • Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner
  • O Fortuna by Carl Orff
  • Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland
  • The Triumphal March from Giuseppe Verdi's Aida
  • Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin
  • Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach
Classical music requires the very wide dynamic range of a quality sound system. Rap music isn't played for quality; it's just played for decibels.

One of my sons does custom car stereo installations and has won many local, state, and regional competitions and trophies for the most decibels. It's all about how loud can you go.

When our children were growing up, we never mentioned people of color. Never pointed out race. Ever. But our oldest was a smart kid who could figure things out on his own. And so, one day when he was four, he asked "Why do dark peoples always play music loud?" As sincere and innocent as the rain.
DARK PEOPLES?

Racist
Period

It's an intentional attack and harassment. People roll their windows down in their hundred dollar cars with 50 dollar amplifiers and 6000 dollar wheels and crank it up as loud as it will go.

I will say, though, that it's almost always white people I see doing it. White people playing anti-white rap at full volume. Now I am even starting to see white women, alone in their cars, playing anti-white rap at full volume.

Having grown up in the 60s in a mixed-race home and black neighborhood, I developed a great love for soul music, for loving black families that were friends and neighbors, etc. But today's thug culture is not good for the black communities and neither is rap. That it has spread to all corners is terrible. When the parents of murdered black parents and babies still go into full-thug mode at times, still listen to rap music, it just blows my mind. They enable and embrace the lifestyle that led to their dead babies. And finally, when white people choose the black thug culture for themselves, it proves that the plague is spreading.
Not me. I'm actually playing Megadeth, Metallica, God Smack, Linkin' Park............but the windows are rolled up.

Earphones/headphones are illegal for drivers in many states. They impede your ability to hear traffic sounds including sirens, etc.
Cool turn the music down then. That also impedes the ability to hear traffic sounds including sirens.

Forum List

Back