New Florida law will allow officers to ticket drivers playing music too loudly

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Whether you live in Florida or are visiting, you may need to turn down the music's volume in your car because it could cost you an expensive ticket.

A new Florida law that'll go into effect on July 1 will allow law enforcement officers to ticket drivers who are playing music from their car too loudly that it can be heard 25 feet from the vehicle.

"Living in the area where there's a lot of downtown activity there are cars that come through at 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning with their blaring music bumping through the neighborhood," resident Lamonte Gwynn said. "If [the law] is really to cut down on the noise then I think it would help in some respect."

Orange County Sheriff's Office shared the message, "Turn it down. Keep it down," with its social media followers on Thursday detailing the new rule.

I completely agree with that going through a neighborhood. On the city streets when it is not near housing and it's somebody's music then I agree with it. When it is my music though, I have a problem.

Whether you live in Florida or are visiting, you may need to turn down the music's volume in your car because it could cost you an expensive ticket.

A new Florida law that'll go into effect on July 1 will allow law enforcement officers to ticket drivers who are playing music from their car too loudly that it can be heard 25 feet from the vehicle.

"Living in the area where there's a lot of downtown activity there are cars that come through at 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning with their blaring music bumping through the neighborhood," resident Lamonte Gwynn said. "If [the law] is really to cut down on the noise then I think it would help in some respect."

Orange County Sheriff's Office shared the message, "Turn it down. Keep it down," with its social media followers on Thursday detailing the new rule.

I completely agree with that going through a neighborhood. On the city streets when it is not near housing and it's somebody's music then I agree with it. When it is my music though, I have a problem.
When our children were growing up, we never mentioned people of color. Never pointed out race. Ever. But our oldest was a smart kid who could figure things out on his own. And so, one day when he was four, he asked "Why do dark peoples always play music loud?" As sincere and innocent as the rain.

Awesome news! I hope this spreads nationwide. I am sorry but you don't have a right to blast your trash so loudly that everyone within 200+ feet can hear it. It is utter bullcrap.

Most of the trash that is blasted is rap and it is freaking disturbing. I was living in an apartment about a year ago and they'd literally blast this crap at 5am. Should be illegal.

Earphones the answer???

This stuff has been around for a long time. Hard to enforce because the violators usually have guns and outstanding warrants. Cops don't want to pull them over.

There seems to be a misconception that it is possible to compensate for “music” that is completely lacking in artistic value, by playing it at an unreasonable volume.

You never see/hear a car driving by, playing genuine music at high volume. It's always auditory garbage, such as crap or similar noise.
A person right to play music stops when it infringes upon the rights of others, who dont want to listen to that music. It is like someone talking very loudly, i just walk up next to them and fart very loudly. At my age, passing gas comes easy.

Awesome news! I hope this spreads nationwide. I am sorry but you don't have a right to blast your trash so loudly that everyone within 200+ feet can hear it. It is utter bullcrap.

Most of the trash that is blasted is rap and it is freaking disturbing. I was living in an apartment about a year ago and they'd literally blast this crap at 5am. Should be illegal.
Better would be teaching your kids to respect others, instead of a law.

The Bronco that I ordered last October, and am still waiting for Ford to get around to building, will have the Lux Package, with includes the best sound system that Ford offers.

Perhaps if that sound system turns out to be up to it, I'll take to driving through neighborhoods at 02:00 in the morning, blasting some real music at absurd volume.

Not crap, but real music, chosen among those that would benefit from being played in a loud, grand manner.

Possible pieces…
  • The opening movement from Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss
  • Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner
  • O Fortuna by Carl Orff
  • Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland
  • The Triumphal March from Giuseppe Verdi's Aida
  • Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin
  • Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach

Last edited:

I agree 100%. Distracted driving is a danger to life. I do not drive due to my Autism.

Forum List

Back