New CarPower battery

what else is out there
There are currently a number of tidal generating plants in use throughout the world, i.e. S. Korea, France, UK and Scotland Tidal giants - the world’s five biggest tidal power plants
The US lags the world in this technology. The belief is that the west coast of the US has the potential to provide 66% of the current US demand for energy. Wave power - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
There is still much research to be done to determine the disadvantages of the technology, but I believe that any disadvantages can be overcome. This resource exists worldwide and is far superior to either solar or wind due to the density of water and the smaller footprint required per watt of generation. I believe this is a no brainer and the governments of the world should unite on the development.

There are currently a number of tidal generating plants in use throughout the world, i.e. S. Korea, France, UK and Scotland Tidal giants - the world’s five biggest tidal power plants
The US lags the world in this technology. The belief is that the west coast of the US has the potential to provide 66% of the current US demand for energy. Wave power - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
There is still much research to be done to determine the disadvantages of the technology, but I believe that any disadvantages can be overcome. This resource exists worldwide and is far superior to either solar or wind due to the density of water and the smaller footprint required per watt of generation. I believe this is a no brainer and the governments of the world should unite on the development.
The downside of this is low tide...
Inconsistent power generation from flow rates.

It takes 3 days to get any turbine, sufficiently sized, to be consistent in generating power for any sort of synchronous power of three phases.... otherwise it's dirty power and will destroy every electronic device using the power.

Power here in America is delivered with three phases at 60hz all synchronized together across the nation. A, B, and C phases in sync all across the USA and with Canada.

The current wind farms are more of an expense than any real help with power generation...same thing with solar. As all their power has to be filtered by lead acid battery banks and then electronically pulsed out. Both solar power and wind farms have had real issues with birds...solar usually ends up in a parabolic form and cooks the birds out of the sky while wind farms tend to slice them up...if they still function after a year due to the extreme vigilance needed to monitor each turbine and constant engaging and disengaging of the wheelcock.

NOT ONE form of "green energy" has yet to actually have significant benefit over its own carbon footprint. One Clean Coal technology generation plant can actually outstrip all of these "green technologies" in smaller carbon footprint and production inside of one year.

California can solve their energy crisis if they wanted to...but it can't because they don't have enough water. Not enough wells and not enough desire to do anything. "Wave power" is yet another pipe dream.

New CarPower battery

I envision you pull up to a filling station but instead of filling your tank with gas you drive into a fast car wash looking narrow lane. A red-light pops on saying “STOP” .

You set your park break and wait as a robotic arm from under your car reaches up and removes you discharge battery and replaces it with a charged battery.

The exchange lasts for about 5 minutes which is less time than it would take to fill a conventional gas tank.

Your charge can propel the car at a speed of 60 mph for 300 miles.

I believe the above has an 85% chance of becoming a factual fact in the realm of automobile power sources.

What say you :)-
In the future the average person is not going to own a car, just like most people no longer own horses for their carriages.

Cars are used very inefficiently right now. Maybe two hours a day. Your car sits idle 91 percent of the time.

When self-driving cars become a reality, everyone will have a subscription to a car service the same way you have a subscription to your cell phone.

When you need to get to work, you will summon a car with an app on your phone and one will be dispatched to pick you up. After dropping you off at work, the car will be dispatched to another task.

These cars will then be able to be used 23 hours a day, with one hour of maintenance. Far more efficient.

This will result in far fewer cars being manufactured. It will also result in houses no longer needing space for a driveway or a garage.

No more traffic jams, either.

About as many people who know how to actually drive a car will be the same as the number of people who know how to ride a horse.

So the battery-changing station will not be as prevalent as you think.

Cars will be owned by big corporations. So for future investing, that is where you should put your money.

The downside of this is low tide...
The current technology in use is able to reverse dependent on incoming or outgoing tide. The frequency problem has also been addressed at a prototype generating station in Nova Scotia.

Crowded into a shipping container perched on the Plat’s center hull, we gaze at video monitors that show the underwater rotors, and Hayman opens three steel cabinets to reveal inverters, transformers and other electronics gear that, using a computer program the team calls its “secret sauce,” processes the water-generated electrical current to match the 60-hertz heartbeat of the local power grid. Apparently, any fool can produce electricity; making it usable is another matter entirely.

The current technology in use is able to reverse dependent on incoming or outgoing tide. The frequency problem has also been addressed at a prototype generating station in Nova Scotia.

Crowded into a shipping container perched on the Plat’s center hull, we gaze at video monitors that show the underwater rotors, and Hayman opens three steel cabinets to reveal inverters, transformers and other electronics gear that, using a computer program the team calls its “secret sauce,” processes the water-generated electrical current to match the 60-hertz heartbeat of the local power grid. Apparently, any fool can produce electricity; making it usable is another matter entirely.

Its an experiment.... meaning not viable yet.

I've spent a career working on various types of machines and the one thing they all have in common is that they break down. Electric motors burn up. Electrical boards fail. and the mechanical systems of a car break. Coupled with the fact that the amount of electricity that would be required to run that many electric vehicles is just not available and is not possible with the technology that we have today. In the future---maybe, but not without great leaps in technology that are way beyond what we have today.
I agree with much that you say. I have an electric motor from 1956 on my table saw that works great. Certainly electric engines are reliable. We must admit that. Batteries on the other hand are a huge waste of natural resources.

As far as not having the technology to provide electricity to run cars on electric rails in the big cities, nuclear power is more than adequate and cheap enough if we got rid of the lawsuits and had sensible regulations.

I agree with much that you say. I have an electric motor from 1956 on my table saw that works great. Certainly electric engines are reliable. We must admit that. Batteries on the other hand are a huge waste of natural resources.

As far as not having the technology to provide electricity to run cars on electric rails in the big cities, nuclear power is more than adequate and cheap enough if we got rid of the lawsuits and had sensible regulations.
The biggest problem with nuclear power is the spent fuel rods...every power plant has literally tons of them stored with no place to dispose of them. They are extremely toxic waste and can't be made inert.

Reprocessed, the materials can have some value...but there's still a huge amount of toxic waste even from reprocessing. (Which is why they are being stored instead of being reprocessed)

Nuclear power plants create several brown sites that will last for thousands of years. There's literally no way to clean them up.

Yes, we need the energy...I'm all in favor of building new electric generating sites for our nation's existing needs (especially west coast) but we do need to do it responsibly for future generations to use as well. Something that can be cleaned up after 100 years or so.

The biggest problem with nuclear power is the spent fuel rods...every power plant has literally tons of them stored with no place to dispose of them. They are extremely toxic waste and can't be made inert.

Reprocessed, the materials can have some value...but there's still a huge amount of toxic waste even from reprocessing. (Which is why they are being stored instead of being reprocessed)

Nuclear power plants create several brown sites that will last for thousands of years. There's literally no way to clean them up.

Yes, we need the energy...I'm all in favor of building new electric generating sites for our nation's existing needs (especially west coast) but we do need to do it responsibly for future generations to use as well. Something that can be cleaned up after 100 years or so.
They can be and are recycled all the time. By France.

Dangerous, no, I have been right next to spent fuel rods for months. No toxic radioactive danger.

Toxic waste from recycling? Like what.

Brown sites? Bullshit.

If you are worried about toxic pollution you have to be against solar, wind, and geothermal power.

They can be and are recycled all the time. By France.

Dangerous, no, I have been right next to spent fuel rods for months. No toxic radioactive danger.

Toxic waste from recycling? Like what.

Brown sites? Bullshit.

If you are worried about toxic pollution you have to be against solar, wind, and geothermal power.
Geothermal is just fine as far as I know (it is clean)...but the others are horribly expensive and polluting... absolutely the epitome of ineffective, inefficient, and dirty. Clean Coal technology is 100X more clean and efficient than any of those methods.

Don't get me wrong...I love the work at a nuke plant. It is so boring and slow for the money you make it's a snooze fest. At any regular job I need to run 60' of conduit by first break....in a nuke plant if I run 60' of conduit a week I'm a real hustler.

But yes....kept in a pool of water those rods are perfectly safe...it's when they dry out there's an issue and if you have been around a nuke plant you know why. You also know the problems from the water they are stored in as well. (It does evaporate just fine though)

So....no...I'm saying what I know about these forms of electrical generation for good reasons...not political ones.

Regular coal plants are great...the ash produces gypsum which is what your drywall is made out of. Perfectly efficient and useful...no real brown sites made that can't be cleaned up. Clean Coal technology is extremely similar to regular coal...extra steps are needed to clean the gypsum but it's just fine...it's cleaner than regular coal power plants with the added scrubbers on the stacks.
And best thing of all is that yellow coal is used (currently unusable for anything)...and a renewable resource.

Geothermal is just fine as far as I know (it is clean)...but the others are horribly expensive and polluting... absolutely the epitome of ineffective, inefficient, and dirty. Clean Coal technology is 100X more clean and efficient than any of those methods.

Don't get me wrong...I love the work at a nuke plant. It is so boring and slow for the money you make it's a snooze fest. At any regular job I need to run 60' of conduit by first break....in a nuke plant if I run 60' of conduit a week I'm a real hustler.

But yes....kept in a pool of water those rods are perfectly safe...it's when they dry out there's an issue and if you have been around a nuke plant you know why. You also know the problems from the water they are stored in as well. (It does evaporate just fine though)

So....no...I'm saying what I know about these forms of electrical generation for good reasons...not political ones.

Regular coal plants are great...the ash produces gypsum which is what your drywall is made out of. Perfectly efficient and useful...no real brown sites made that can't be cleaned up. Clean Coal technology is extremely similar to regular coal...extra steps are needed to clean the gypsum but it's just fine...it's cleaner than regular coal power plants with the added scrubbers on the stacks.
And best thing of all is that yellow coal is used (currently unusable for anything)...and a renewable resource.
Geothermal is the dirtiest most expensive form of energy.

Clean? First we must clarify we are speaking of making electricity.

2nd, each geothermal well has a unique chemistry and physical characteristic.

3rd, like a teapot, as soon as you take the lid off the steam escapes thus the source gets weaker and weaker.

4th, you must drill wells just like drilling for oil, and in some cases you must frack to create steam.

5. I am just getting started, care to talk about leathers, is southern California?

Nuclear power. I have worked three mile Island, d.c. cook, perry, conn Yankee, songs, Diablo canyon, woops, ocoonee, catawba, Mcguire, 7 Bruce power plants, Argentina embalse, numerous plants in Spain, angra in Brazil, 8 pickering Ontario plants, palisades, DC Cook, zion, waterford, st Lucie, south Texas, Indian river, Maine Yankee, turkey pt. Byron, and many others.

Geothermal, been there done that, 7 different plants.

About as many people who know how to actually drive a car will be the same as the number of people who know how to ride a horse.
That is fine and dandy but what you are talking about is about 20 years away.
In the here and we still need to go to the grocery store and local mall to get the things we need. Soon electric cars will become the norm.
:)-

Soon? Keep telling yourself that. You're delusional.
You are the only one having delusions
An Electric Car

Buy or lease a new 2022 Nissan LEAF® today with our best lease deals, specials, and incentives.
2022 Nissan LEAF | Lease Deals, Offers & Incentives

An Electric Cars
Drive Electric | SmartColumbus

12 Best-Selling Electric Vehicles of 2021 (So Far)
Sales of electric vehicles are booming. Here are the cars that are coming out on top.
After almost a decade of hype, there are some signs that the electric-vehicle revolution is finally coming to pass.
There were 19 EVs for sale in the United States in the first half of 2021, plus many more hybrids and plug-in hybrids. Almost every concept that graces a showroom floor (or, lately, an over-produced livestream) has an electric angle. Automakers are promising to launch dozens of EVs over the next decade. Governors are promising to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles. And improvements in charging infrastructure and battery technology mean that the vision of an electrified future is clearer than ever.
Best-Selling EVs of 2021 (So Far) (caranddriver.com)

Here Is Every Electric Car You Can Buy in 2021
If you enjoy choice, there's never been a better time to buy an electric car.
Here Are All the New Electric Cars You Can Buy in 2021 (motortrend.com)

You are the only one having delusions
An Electric Car

Buy or lease a new 2022 Nissan LEAF® today with our best lease deals, specials, and incentives.
2022 Nissan LEAF | Lease Deals, Offers & Incentives

An Electric Cars
Drive Electric | SmartColumbus

12 Best-Selling Electric Vehicles of 2021 (So Far)
Sales of electric vehicles are booming. Here are the cars that are coming out on top.
After almost a decade of hype, there are some signs that the electric-vehicle revolution is finally coming to pass.
There were 19 EVs for sale in the United States in the first half of 2021, plus many more hybrids and plug-in hybrids. Almost every concept that graces a showroom floor (or, lately, an over-produced livestream) has an electric angle. Automakers are promising to launch dozens of EVs over the next decade. Governors are promising to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles. And improvements in charging infrastructure and battery technology mean that the vision of an electrified future is clearer than ever.
Best-Selling EVs of 2021 (So Far) (caranddriver.com)

Here Is Every Electric Car You Can Buy in 2021
If you enjoy choice, there's never been a better time to buy an electric car.
Here Are All the New Electric Cars You Can Buy in 2021 (motortrend.com)
Find one moron. I get shit from auto dealers quite often. They'll sell me anything I want--for future delivery--unknown delivery date. LMAO

In the future the average person is not going to own a car, just like most people no longer own horses for their carriages.

Cars are used very inefficiently right now. Maybe two hours a day. Your car sits idle 91 percent of the time.

When self-driving cars become a reality, everyone will have a subscription to a car service the same way you have a subscription to your cell phone.

When you need to get to work, you will summon a car with an app on your phone and one will be dispatched to pick you up. After dropping you off at work, the car will be dispatched to another task.

These cars will then be able to be used 23 hours a day, with one hour of maintenance. Far more efficient.

This will result in far fewer cars being manufactured. It will also result in houses no longer needing space for a driveway or a garage.

No more traffic jams, either.

So the battery-changing station will not be as prevalent as you think.

Cars will be owned by big corporations. So for future investing, that is where you should put your money.
Sounds like a nightmare scenerio

Sounds like a nightmare scenerio
Yeah, I love to drive. Driving is as American as hot dogs, apple pie, and baseball.

But I HATE commuting. It would be nice to climb into a cocoon and take a nap, or read a book, or boink a babe while being transported to and from work. That would be a huge stress reliever.

Sounds like government control of your freedom to move about the nation freely. It is all about government control and g5000 isn't smart enough to grasp it.
Really?

I call a car and tell it to take me to the grocery store. Or I drive a car to the grocery store.

Please explain, tard, how the first option means I gave government control of my freedom.

This should be good.

I don't use a horse and buggy to get to work. I use a car.

I no longer need a barn. But I need a garage.

The government has taken control of my freedoms!!! ZOMG!

New Topics

Forum List

Back