New California law mandates gender-neutral toy sections in stores

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Dimocrats always find a way to force their beliefs on retailers. Without looking, I would be willing to bet anyone here $100.00 that the two lawmakers that wrote this bill are fucking Dimocrats.

Stores who fail to meet the requirements by Jan. 1, 2024 face fines starting at $250.

A new law in California will require some retailers to have gender-neutral toy sections for kids.

On Saturday, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed Assembly Bill 1084, which requires large retailers to create non-gendered children's sections in stores by 2024.

"A retail department store that offers childcare items or toys for sale shall maintain a gender-neutral section or area, to be labeled at the discretion of the retailer, in which a reasonable selection of the items and toys for children that it sells shall be displayed, regardless of whether they have been traditionally marketed for either girls or for boys," the bill reads.

Dimocrats always find a way to force their beliefs on retailers. Without looking, I would be willing to bet anyone here $100.00 that the two lawmakers that wrote this bill are fucking Dimocrats.

Stores who fail to meet the requirements by Jan. 1, 2024 face fines starting at $250.

Well, at least they haven't mandated transgendered toys yet

Jesus fucking Christ on a crutch. Everytime I think "god damn can they get anymore stupid" something like this pops up and I am just dumb founded.

This I just can't even wrap my head around it honestly. I can't even figure out what they have to gain by this. It just makes no sense at all to me.

This is the first time I truly understand what people mean when they say I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

We need to desperately put a stop to this shit.

Just when you think that those Libtard shitheads in Commie Kalifornia could get more bat shit crazy they exceed expectations.

Stupid law, especially considering I have not been in a store in a decade that any longer breaks toys down by boy and girl sections.

Bump. This bill goes into effect January 1st, 2024.

Bill text includes penalties for large retailers who do not have a "gender neutral" section for children 12 and under!

55.8. (a) A retail department store that offers childcare items or toys for sale shall maintain a gender neutral section or area, to be labeled at the discretion of the retailer, in which a reasonable selection of the items and toys for children that it sells shall be displayed, regardless of whether they have been traditionally marketed for either girls or for boys.

(b) This section shall apply only to retail department stores that are physically located in California that have a total of 500 or more employees across all California retail department store locations. This section shall not apply to retail department stores that are physically located outside California.
(c) Beginning on January 1, 2024, a retail department store that fails to comply with this section is liable for a civil penalty, not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250) for a first violation or five hundred dollars ($500) for a subsequent violation, which may be assessed and recovered in a civil action brought in the name of the people of the State of California by the Attorney General, or a district attorney or city attorney, in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the Attorney General, district attorney, or city attorney prevails in an action under this subdivision, the court shall award to the Attorney General, district attorney, or city attorney reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.

Woke nonsense! Is a video game gender neutral? Is a toy car? Are pink cars only for girls? Is an erector set male? What gender are balls? Is volleyball feminine and baseball masculine?

This bit from the OP's linked article makes no sense to me at all. I'm not buying it. Even if it was "off limits" it had to be at the parent's and not the store's discretion:

The new legislation was introduced by lawmakers Cristina Garcia and Evan Low, who said he was inspired to write the bill by the 10-year-old daughter of one of his staffers. AP reported the girl asked her mom why certain items in a store were "off limits" to her because she was a girl.

There are two genders, male and female.

If you have a Y chromosome, you are male.

Gender is biological, not psychological. We used to learn these facts in Science class.

What you learned in science class is that there are two sexes, not genders. Gender is not talked about in science. The two words should not be used interchangeably.

Gender is a literary term

Forum List

Back