New Book Entitled "Waco" Examines the 1993 Assault on the Branch Davidian Compound--Fresh Air NPR Program

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
The author was on Fresh Air today plugging his book about the 1993 ATF assault on the Branch Davidian Compound. Here is the link:

The author (whose analysis I disagree with somewhat) does proffer some new perspectives into the siege I hadn't considered before. For one thing, he points out that the BD's were figuring this was going to be the "the end" so when most survived the initial assault, they were left with more questions than answers. I had never considered what a member of a suicide cult would do if, when the end of times battle was engaged, they survived.

While I don't think there is any charitable way to shade (as the author does) the BDs as being righteous--when the feds say, "put down your weapons, come out with your hands up" you do it--the author is right that there should have never been a siege, never been this standoff, and never been this type of assault. The ATF/FBI/US Marshalls could have arrested Koresh at any point in the days, weeks, and months leading up to the assault. This wasn't Bin Laden...he went to Wal*Mart like 4 days before the siege started.

Anyway, if you're interested in what the author has to say about the tragic assault that should have never taken place...give it a listen. Just one note, after this weekend, the episode will likely go behind a paywall so if you want to listen...do it soon.

The author was on Fresh Air today plugging his book about the 1993 ATF assault on the Branch Davidian Compound. Here is the link:

The author (whose analysis I disagree with somewhat) does proffer some new perspectives into the siege I hadn't considered before. For one thing, he points out that the BD's were figuring this was going to be the "the end" so when most survived the initial assault, they were left with more questions than answers. I had never considered what a member of a suicide cult would do if, when the end of times battle was engaged, they survived.

While I don't think there is any charitable way to shade (as the author does) the BDs as being righteous--when the feds say, "put down your weapons, come out with your hands up" you do it--the author is right that there should have never been a siege, never been this standoff, and never been this type of assault. The ATF/FBI/US Marshalls could have arrested Koresh at any point in the days, weeks, and months leading up to the assault. This wasn't Bin Laden...he went to Wal*Mart like 4 days before the siege started.

Anyway, if you're interested in what the author has to say about the tragic assault that should have never taken place...give it a listen. Just one note, after this weekend, the episode will likely go behind a paywall so if you want to listen...do it soon.

"Waco, The Rules of Engagement" is the definitive report on that ridiculous episode.

30 years ago our government mass murdered American women and children because their leader had an illegal gun. No one was prosecuted for the murders.

He had nothing illegal. The search warrant was a joke, it listed more than 20 items, none of which were illegal.

Indeed, the government decided to murder 25 innocent children, to save them.....

It was considered a cult like Jim Jones.. shouldn't have happened.

Ridiculous episode... Tragedy. Bizarre any way you slice it.

The feds should have quietly arrested Koresh. But instead they went all Rambo.

At the end of the day though; the feds say, "come out with your hands up"...you do that. I think there is some question on whether the feds even did that though.

We're allowed to speak about our religious beliefs even if that includes machine guns ... that's protected ... and prohibiting machine guns without a license has nothing to do with suppressing any religion ... there's no 1st Amendment violation banning these crazy folk from possessing machine guns ... the BDs were in the wrong ...

Did the Federal government overreact? ... I think in hindsight we can say they did ... and We the People need to intervene and stop this ... two more recent events shows the Federal government still does this ... and both incidents involve Bundys ... in the flesh ... and prosecutorial misconduct which lead to acquittals ... can you believe that, not dismissed, but acquitted of all wrong-doing ... just gunning down the BDs is the best the Federal government can offer ...

It's a sad tale ...

"Waco, The Rules of Engagement" is the definitive report on that ridiculous episode.

Again, the only person responsible for episode was Koresh himself and those stupid enough to follow him instead of clubbing him over the head and handing him over to the Feds.

It amusing me that the same people who get on here every fucking day justifying ACTUAL police misconduct against black people, are horrified that after killing four federal agents, the Branch Davidians were molly-coddled for 42 days before they killed themselves rather than be taken into custody.

Silly Darkie, rights are for white people, even ones who belong to pedophile cults.

At the end of the day though; the feds say, "come out with your hands up"...you do that. I think there is some question on whether the feds even did that though.
Not really. A bunch of dead cultists... I'll be in mourning for 15 seconds.

We're allowed to speak about our religious beliefs even if that includes machine guns ... that's protected ... and prohibiting machine guns without a license has nothing to do with suppressing any religion ... there's no 1st Amendment violation banning these crazy folk from possessing machine guns ... the BDs were in the wrong ...

Did the Federal government overreact? ... I think in hindsight we can say they did ... and We the People need to intervene and stop this ... two more recent events shows the Federal government still does this ... and both incidents involve Bundys ... in the flesh ... and prosecutorial misconduct which lead to acquittals ... can you believe that, not dismissed, but acquitted of all wrong-doing ... just gunning down the BDs is the best the Federal government can offer ...

To be a bit more serious, the problem here is that the FBI had no idea how to deal with someone like Koresh. They treated the situation like a hostage situation, when in fact the "hostages" were perfectly willing to commit suicide rather than be rescued.

The problem with that is when koresh opened the door, an ATF agent shot him.

The front door, which had all of the evidence of that, mysteriously disappeared.

Back then maybe. Right now with the J6 show trials not many people on the right trust either the feds law enforcement or the DOJ, or the impartiality of the federal criminal judiciary.

The problem with that is when koresh opened the door, an ATF agent shot him.

The front door, which had all of the evidence of that, mysteriously disappeared.

Right. Um, guy, there were three investigations of Waco, including the one by Republican John Danforth, that completely debunked all the conspiracy theories.

The front door was missing because the house burned down. Duh.

And the 20+ kids? Any sympathy for them?
I'm glad they didn't grow up to be a bunch of welfare cheats like their parents were.

I think half of them were Koresh's kids he fathered on his various brides. So it was kind of on him to take care of them.

Back then maybe. Right now with the J6 show trials not many people on the right trust either the feds law enforcement or the DOJ, or the impartiality of the federal criminal judiciary.

Just the crazy Trump cultists...
The J6 Traitors are getting their comeuppance.

Nothing like a fresh coat!

4b4c45c4d27eff7197d9f28f563fe2fc--huckleberry-finn-sweet-memories.jpg

The ATF was facing a budget crisis and a big bust raid of the Branch Dividians would put them over. The warrant was based on Branch Dividian followers sending away for (legal) brochures that showed how to restore rusty military junk. There was no evidence of the rusty military junk after the ATF raid but it didn't matter when the media supported the Clinton agenda even though the federal government used poison gas to kill about 90 men women and children in the raid.

arrent alleged that quirky

Forum List

Back