Never Trumper GOP Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse resigns, "to pursue another opportunity in higher education"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
WTF?! BEN SASSE is RETIRING from the Senate?!

he was one of my faves, despite his anti-Trump stance

Another Never-Trumper disappearing. Maybe he can team up with Liz Cheney for a 3rd Party run in 2024 against the Trumpster.

• Banned
Another Never-Trumper disappearing. Maybe he can team up with Liz Cheney for a 3rd Party run in 2024 against the Trumpster.
he's not as obssesed with Trump as some of the others. he's more focused on actual issues

he's not as obssesed with Trump as some of the others. he's more focused on actual issues

Actually Sasse is the one obsessed.

He was willing to renounce everything that President Trump did and embrace Sleepy Joe over the personal squabble known as the Fake Impeachment.

If Sasse thinks that Trump is coming back, he'll be useless for Nebraska because of his hatred in cooperating with Trump during the 2nd term.

Smart move for him to quit.

Have you noticed how nearly ALL of the people in DC who depend on Republican voters, and who decide to trash Trump, seem to meet with "poor career outcomes"? :laughing0301:

Seriously though... the Uniparty and their alphabet agencies tried to destroy him for 6 years and they STILL haven't managed to even dent his popularity. I think the real reason for their failure has nothing to do with his supporters being a "cult". I know I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary. I voted for Ted Cruz because I thought of him as a more serious conservative. While I DID vote for Trump in the general, I'd have voted for a Cocker Spaniel before I'd have voted for the Hildebeast.

Fast forward to today and the Left STILL can't understand how his popularity and support can remain so high. They cannot even imagine that millions of Americans simply REJECT the social and economic changes the Left want to create. Trump is THEIR creation. They have so badly screwed average people over that any effective populist could do what Trump has done. Had he run against ANYONE BUT HILLARY, he'd have lost.

Now, after all these years and all these scandals they are escalating their fight to actually foment civil war if he wins again. Those who think they wouldn't behave the same against DeSantis, are just deluding themselves.

A whole lot more money in government than in education. Just check with Pelosi.

The current president makes around $1 Million a year.

So again, how is this a poor career outcome?

The current president makes around $1 Million a year.

So again, how is this a poor career outcome?
Pelosi has a net worth at about $120 million, can't imagine she got much of that from a salary.

There is NO room for sane Republicans in the Party of Trump

Disheartening

Forum List

Back