Never a bad time for a little good news from Ukraine

Big Bend Texas

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2022
A friend shared this with me tonight and it does my heart good.

Thanks to the ineptitude of the Russian Army in spite of losing 47 tanks to Russian fire, the Ukrainian Army now has more tanks than they started the war with after capturing 117 Russian tanks!

Ad that to the 200 plus tanks and 300 other armored vehicles Russia has lost to enemy fire it's pretty easy to see why the Ukrainian Offensive continues gaining momentum and the Russians are pulling back. In some cases they are even being pursued back into Russia under fire so now Russian towns have been caught up in the fighting and had to be evacuated due to Ukrainian Shelling.

How do you know the captured tanks are not booby trapped?

Just fucking destroy them. Don't trust the Russians.
The fact they haven't blown up is a pretty good clue.

The Ukrainians need them that's why they are capturing them and using them against the Russians.

They also have really good EOD folks to ensure if the tanks are boobytrapped they can be cleared.

Sure. . . Ukraine as got this, it's going to win.

:heehee:
Russia has already lost from a tactical, strategic, and political standpoint.

They've lost twice the men and equipment in six weeks that they lost in a decade in Afghanistan and have failed to achieve even the primary objectives they sought to take in the first five days.

There will be no "winner" here but Putin and Russia are definitely the biggest losers.

The Ukrainian offensive has been driving them back steadily including driving some units back into Russia under fire and pursuing then destroying them when the make a stand.

Kind of like the Alamo, no winners but Sant Anna was most certainly the big loser.

A friend shared this with me tonight and it does my heart good.

Thanks to the ineptitude of the Russian Army in spite of losing 47 tanks to Russian fire, the Ukrainian Army now has more tanks than they started the war with after capturing 117 Russian tanks!

Ad that to the 200 plus tanks and 300 other armored vehicles Russia has lost to enemy fire it's pretty easy to see why the Ukrainian Offensive continues gaining momentum and the Russians are pulling back. In some cases they are even being pursued back into Russia under fire so now Russian towns have been caught up in the fighting and had to be evacuated due to Ukrainian Shelling.
Now Putin in Brandon have something in common, arming their enemies through incompetence.

I think many of the Russian people, including the military, know this is unjustified aggression against an innocent country. Now that Russia is partnering with communist China, I think we can expect more loss of human rights in both countries. I never thought Putin was this stupid to try and emulate the country that is the enemy of the entire world, but he obviously is. It's great that the Russian people are demanding more of their leadership. In a perfect world, peace would break out, Putin and his radical followers would be smoked, Crimea would go back to Ukraine, Russia would create government of, by and for the people and realize China is the world's enemy, and finally, we would admit Russia and Ukraine into NATO to confront China, which is the true enemy of the world. (Something to think about)

Kind of like the Alamo, no winners but Sant Anna was most certainly the big loser.

Well, the numbers sorta belie that claim.
To be sure the reported numbers are all over the board, but you will see stats that the Mexican KIA = between 60 and 200, with 145 cited regularly.
Versus the Texian dead of between 182 an 252.
Santa Anna attacked with between 1,500 and 2,000 Mexicans.

An interesting read on the Alamo is this recent book: "Forget the Alamo" by B.Burrough (and others)
The three authors take a revisionist view of the American appropriation of Mexican land, and a quite skeptical view of the supposed 'heroes'....Travis, Bowie, Crocket.

It's a fun read.
You knew it would be if Governor Abbott and his knucklheaded Attorney General, Ken Paxton.....both railed against it. Tried to get it banned.
Wall Street Journal called it "engrossing". Fun stuff. You'll like it. Betcha.

Amazon product

"Apparently Ukraine is buying surrenders out of some of the Russians. I hear they're offering $10k USD for a tank."

To hell with that Alamo stuff. That's old news.

Ukrainians buying Russian tanks is a helluva lot more fun. And current.

And, at $10,000 Uncle Sams.....well, it could be a good bargain.

• T-90 tank = $4 to $7 million (last bulk purchase by another country = $5.7 million)
  • T-72 tank = $2,000,000

And even if it is a crappy T-90....... the Ukrainians could still sell it as scrap steel (53 tons x $468 = $24,800.)

If they can put together a deal with some disaffected Russian tankers.....well, they could have a bargain.

IMHO

Oh yes, by all means. I mean we all know that conspiracy nuts always have the best intel.

:auiqs.jpg:

This war is about Ukraine's natural resources, the same as it was the last four times Russia invaded attempting to seize them.

we would admit Russia and Ukraine
You had me right up to this point.

Until the kleoptocrats, oligarchs and the rest of the corrupt Post Soviet crooks and liars are removed that just can't happen.

There is however a possibility that with the hundreds of billions they and Putin have lost over this misadventure and growing discontent at home that some, maybe even most or all of them will be run out during the "Post Putin Purge" which is all but inevitable.

Well, the numbers sorta belie that claim.
To be sure the reported numbers are all over the board, but you will see stats that the Mexican KIA = between 60 and 200, with 145 cited regularly.
Versus the Texian dead of between 182 an 252.
Santa Anna attacked with between 1,500 and 2,000 Mexicans.

An interesting read on the Alamo is this recent book: "Forget the Alamo" by B.Burrough (and others)
The three authors take a revisionist view of the American appropriation of Mexican land, and a quite skeptical view of the supposed 'heroes'....Travis, Bowie, Crocket.

It's a fun read.
You knew it would be if Governor Abbott and his knucklheaded Attorney General, Ken Paxton.....both railed against it. Tried to get it banned.
Wall Street Journal called it "engrossing". Fun stuff. You'll like it. Betcha.

Amazon product

That book of course is trash but this isn't the place to argue it further.

All of your BS aside, the two weeks SA was tied up with the Alamo gave Houston a chance to raise the army and train it that soon after then was able to defeat SA's forces.

Oh yes, by all means. I mean we all know that conspiracy nuts always have the best intel.

:auiqs.jpg:

This war is about Ukraine's natural resources, the same as it was the last four times Russia invaded attempting to seize them.
There are lots of places with lots of resources. Launching such a military operation, and risking internal political stability without the guarantee of success. . . ?? That would be madness.

You are hopeless, I do not require you to respond to any of my posts if you have nothing constructive to add, other than trolling. I already told you that you are either brainwashed by the consortium, or a spook.

6ayr4m.jpg

There are lots of places with lots of resources. Launching such a military operation, and risking internal political stability without the guarantee of success. . . ?? That would be madness.

You are hopeless, I do not require you to respond to any of my posts if you have nothing constructive to add, other than trolling. I already told you that you are either brainwashed by the consortium, or a spook.

6ayr4m.jpg
There are no guranteed successes in wartime.

Leaders however are those willing to take risks to achieve great things.

What we do know from the past is that Putin will always back down when he faces a strong leader willing to stop him.

That book of course is trash but this isn't the place to argue it further.
Well, yeah, this probably ain't the right venue.
But then some really silly stuff gets posted up here......so this can't hurt:

Amazon product

Actually, it's a pretty engaging read. Those 'hero debunkings' often are.

I put up the link to it in Amazon. I'd recommend scrolling down the Amazon page to read the reader's comments.

Those are pretty darn engaging too.

FWIW

Amazon product

Hmmmm?

For some reason Amazon links won't post up here.

So, anybody who is even mildly interested....well, just google up Amazon and "Forget the Alamo'.
You'll get it in a nano-second.

Forum List

Back