Netflix new Movie: Don't Look Up.... should be Don't watch This

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
All the right ingredients... huge star studded cast, super star main actors... funny story line... what could go wrong?
Apparently, everything.
We lasted about 30 minutes and couldn't take it anymore.
It was as if everyone met together and decided to shoot the whole movie in one day, no retakes allowed. Because the movie just flat out did not flow well.
It is a hot mess, like random scenes thrown together.
De Caprio was actually pretty good. He played the character well. Jennifer Lawrence, on the other hand, over played the role like a high school drama queen. It was terrible.

The movie is "free"... if you want to try it, go ahead... just don't say you wasn't warned.

All the right ingredients... huge star studded cast, super star main actors... funny story line... what could go wrong?
Apparently, everything.
It was as if everyone met together and decided to shoot the whole movie in one day, no retakes allowed. Because the movie just flat out did not flow well.
De Caprio was actually pretty good. He played the character well. Jennifer Lawrence, on the other hand, over played the role like a high school drama queen. It was terrible.

The movie is "free"... if you want to try it, go ahead... just don't say you wasn't warned.
I saw the preview and said to myself why on Earth would I watch something like that when watching paint dry would be more fun and hilarious…

Yeah, this was in one of the new previews of movies on Youtube I watched.

WHY it was in the 2022 new movies list, I don't know.

But I laughed at it. What a shitshow. I clicked on "thumbs down" on Netflix so it gets removed off my screen.

Hollyweird and those who fund them to make movies are old news now. And terrible. Gone are the days of decent, interesting, exciting movies. Good. I hope every fucking one of them go broke from people not watching any more.

I just tried to watch the trailer from the movie on Youtube. 20 seconds was all I could stand. :laughing0301:

Apparently, everything.

Out of work actors will take any script these days.

They should send a crew of oil roughnecks to the comet to blow it up. Of course, some of them could die near the end of the movie. One of them will live, but will later be fed into a wood chipper somewhere in North Dakota.

It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with a critique on society not listening to its rulers, and what it believes is best for the populace. It isn't about the comet, not really. Not in the final analysis. Read the comments in the trailer, and you'll get it.

"Loved the message behind this movie. The reaction of the government, the media and all the people is so accurate. Now, instead of a comet imagine a pandemic and watch the movie again…"

"This feels disturbingly realistic. I mean, this is exactly how we'd react at this point. We live in a post-satire world now."

"Producer: So how many academy winning celebrities do you need in the movie? Director: Yes"

These are comments from folks who believe everything they hear from politicians, and see on TEE VEE. They bleeve the narratives contructed by the ruling classes.

I get it from watching the trailer.

It seems to be a mind game, all to convince those who are unconvinced by official gas-lighting, that they will be the cause of civilization collapse if they don't listen to government and corporate experts. And the actors? They aren't doing it for the pay they receive for this one small time production, they are doing it to maintain their position in the propagandist's hierarchy, so they will continue to get the biggest roles. It is sort of like, "their duty," to the rulers, to continue to push the narrative.

. . . the comments in the trailer make it all abundantly clear how this piece of agitprop is intended to work on the mass cultural mind.

Folks that are asleep to propaganda, will love this piece of propaganda, those who understand what is really going on? They will find this an insult to their intelligence.

Ahh.... if true no wonder it is so terrible.
The New York Times says it is supposed to be a parody of how everyone reacts to climate change, gun control etc.
So yeah... the goal wasn't to make a good movie. The goal was to make fun of people who don't immediately follow and tow the line.

Apparently, everything.

I saw that and the movie went straight to my ignore list

THIS is the problem with Hollywood. Instead of telling good stories they have opted to fill their programs with propaganda be it outright or woven cleverly in.

Ahh.... if true no wonder it is so terrible.
The New York Times says it is supposed to be a parody of how everyone reacts to climate change, gun control etc.
So yeah... the goal wasn't to make a good movie. The goal was to make fun of people who don't immediately follow and tow the line.
It's true. Watch the vid I posted. It's the director himself promoting it as a climate change movie.

I actually found the movie entertaining and just as rough on inept government officials, the mass mental illness we call social media, and the cheap crap people call entertainment and news.

If DiCaprio was trying to brainwash me, he failed.
But I did find this movie funny.

I actually found the movie entertaining and just as rough on inept government officials, the mass mental illness we call social media, and the cheap crap people call entertainment and news.

If DiCaprio was trying to brainwash me, he failed.
But I did find this movie funny.
As always, to each his own.
DiCaprio was, as usual, very good. But it couldn't save the movie.
I like Jennifer Lawrence, but she is abysmal in this movie (IMO)
She keeps doing this, and I will have to stop thinking she is the hottest AILF out there.

Hollyweird and those who fund them to make movies are old news now. And terrible. Gone are the days of decent, interesting, exciting movies. Good. I hope every fucking one of them go broke from people not watching any more.

I discovered that PBS.com has lots of FREE TO WATCH old movies!!!
I've added them to my list of free places to watch movies/shows.

Forum List

Back