Nested Quotes "fix" (max 6)

Agreed, tired of seeing 40 nested quotes every post b/c people were too lazy to cut them down.

Exactly. Some people are inconsiderate. They made it so that you couldn't even read the pages because the convos would just be vertical strands of words. I couldn't (and wouldn't) read that. Just skim. But now this fix is excellent, and am hoping to read through even more threads soon.

Now if only we had a fix for all that contentious trolling. Beta testing on the newest pool containing sharks with laser beams has been going swimmingly. You may have noticed a slight thinning of the troll pack lately... :D

When quoting the max that will show up is 6. Due to this being a custom add-on any quotes after that will result quotes being removed. This is the best we can do since this feature is not supported on the software, so don't ask for tweaks. This is the way it functions.

If no one likes the way it functions we'll simply go back to the way the software natively handles quotes (1 direct quote)

See example below.................

This is awesome! Thank you!

Agreed, tired of seeing 40 nested quotes every post b/c people were too lazy to cut them down.

Exactly. Some people are inconsiderate. They made it so that you couldn't even read the pages because the convos would just be vertical strands of words. I couldn't (and wouldn't) read that. Just skim. But now this fix is excellent, and am hoping to read through even more threads soon.

Now if only we had a fix for all that contentious trolling. Beta testing on the newest pool containing sharks with laser beams has been going swimmingly. You may have noticed a slight thinning of the troll pack lately... :D

The fix for trolls is the ban button. But the reason forums exist is to make money. Traffic = money.

Six is still three too many on a tablet or phone.

Why would you surf the internet on a phone?

At the risk of putting my head in the lion's mouth BAA (hehe) disabling usmb.com scripts still works fine and among other things...limits quotes to just the one you're replying to.

Anyway to tweak the code to omit Alerts to nested replies? That'd be as good a fix as any. False-positive 'Alerts to Reply' are the most annoying part to the nested replies thingy.

In: Alert Preferences

alert2.png

The option:

"Replies to a watched thread." needs to be disabled to remove the response to a non direct quote alert.

In: Alert Preferences

alert2.png

The option:

"Replies to a watched thread." needs to be disabled to remove the response to a non direct quote alert.

Mine's been disabled all along. Still get false-Alerts to a reply where mine's up a few levels and the latest reply was to someone else. In other words I get the Alert because my reply is present, but not the latest one.

I don't get those false alerts.

Forum List

Back