CDZ Nepotism and Class in the US - no different to other countries

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

Of course Junior is probably correct although he could have picked other examples closer to home.

But more importantly, this shines a light on the nature of American society. The US is no different to the UK in that it isnt a true meritocracy. Inherited wealth is the key component and there is huge value in having the right family name.

In the UK we have all sorts of Lords and Dukes and so on who inherit their wealth down the generations. In the US you also have dynasties like the Kennedys and Trumps and so on.

Your kids go to the best schools and have an armchair ride into the top Universities. If they actually need a job then Daddy knows a fellow who runs that Bank and he is owed a favour.

You can break into this elite on either side of the Atlantic if you have the cash. You go to the Opera, Ascot and all the big events and you sit on the local charity committee because it is your privilege. I imagine its the same in the States. And in both countries the elites are pretty much all white.

Have I missed something here ? Is there a real difference in how our countries operate ?

Have a great Spring day. Its grey and miserable over here, just as we like it.

Drug use is very high at high schools in wealthy communities.

You should familiarize yourself with "Bread of Shame"

Of course Junior is probably correct although he could have picked other examples closer to home.

But more importantly, this shines a light on the nature of American society. The US is no different to the UK in that it isnt a true meritocracy. Inherited wealth is the key component and there is huge value in having the right family name.

In the UK we have all sorts of Lords and Dukes and so on who inherit their wealth down the generations. In the US you also have dynasties like the Kennedys and Trumps and so on.

Your kids go to the best schools and have an armchair ride into the top Universities. If they actually need a job then Daddy knows a fellow who runs that Bank and he is owed a favour.

You can break into this elite on either side of the Atlantic if you have the cash. You go to the Opera, Ascot and all the big events and you sit on the local charity committee because it is your privilege. I imagine its the same in the States. And in both countries the elites are pretty much all white.

Have I missed something here ? Is there a real difference in how our countries operate ?

Tommy why are you spending your life OBSESSED with the US?

Have you nothing better to do?
I m interested in a lot of things Sue. an I remind you that this is the CDZ forum so you should comment on the post and not the poster. Enjoy your day.

And in both countries the elites are pretty much all white.
Could you explain why you consider that relevant?
Its linked in to long term economic and political influence. These rich and powerful families grew their influence at a time when there was no diversity. I would expect that to change over time as things do.

1. People I know personally who have inherited wealth, have not worked out that well for them.

2. No, the elite has not been all white here, for a long time.

Its linked in to long term economic and political influence. These rich and powerful families grew their influence at a time when there was no diversity. I would expect that to change over time as things do.
Do you feel some sort of antipathy towards those who you consider to be "white" people?

Do you feel some sort of antipathy towards those who you consider to be "white" people?
No. I am white myself. I think I am wonderful.

1. People I know personally who have inherited wealth, have not worked out that well for them.

2. No, the elite has not been all white here, for a long time.
A lot of our aristocracy are potless as well. You can screw anything up I suppose.

I don’t doubt Jr has taken advantage of his daddy’s office, however tell me when he gets a corporate board gig that pays him huge sums for nothing?

The American media would be all over that, while ignoring it when done by a leading D politician’s son.

Last edited:

I don’t doubt Jr has taken advantage of his daddy’s office, however tell me when he gets a corporate board gig that pays him huge sums for nothing?

The American media for be all over that, while ignoring it when done by a leading D politician’s son.
Everybody does it regardless of political affiliation.

The American media for be all over that, while ignoring it when done by a leading D politician’s son.
Please link any media reports of Jr or any of Donnie’s kids making tens of thousands of dollars like Hunter did.

The Chavez family is not white, neither are the Castros. What does skin color have to do with any of it?

Please link any media reports of Jr or any of Donnie’s kids making tens of thousands of dollars like Hunter did.
Many of the rich can be killed easily. Why does it not happen? BLM and Antifa seem to go after their fellow peasants.

You're full of it. I have never seen a class society as Britain. You don't have to be Henry Higgins to know which class a person is to know which class they are the minute they utter a few words.

Many of the rich can be killed easily. Why does it not happen? BLM and Antifa seem to go after their fellow peasants.
?

No. I am white myself. I think I am wonderful.
Of course you do. :rolleyes:

So why the **** are you singling out white people in your rant?

What's your problem with white people?

Last edited by a moderator:

You're full of it. I have never seen a class society as Britain. You don't have to be Henry Higgins to know which class a person is to know which class they are the minute they utter a few words.
You really dont. Social Class is an economic construct.

Their whole lives are about being Donnys kids.

Their whole lives are about being Donnys kids.
You have made an accusation. Please back it up with proof.

Forum List

Back