NCAA Playoff Picture

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Notre Dame, Auburn, Michigan St., Kansas St. all lose.
Florida St., looks terrible as an undefeated.
Arizona St. Looks like a championship contender should Oregon falter.
Alabama and Oregon look like solid choices, as does Mississippi St.

My top four:

Mississippi St.
Florida St.
Oregon
Alabama

All of the one-loss teams show what a mockery this "playoff" system is. This camel is nothing more than a horse designed by a committee. If they are serious, they should have a playoff of conference champions. If all they want is a "national championship" game, they should pick two teams AFTER the bowl games. Anything else is a farce.

All of the one-loss teams show what a mockery this "playoff" system is. This camel is nothing more than a horse designed by a committee. If they are serious, they should have a playoff of conference champions. If all they want is a "national championship" game, they should pick two teams AFTER the bowl games. Anything else is a farce.
SEC West has several teams that could compete in a playoff system.

Just look at the close games.

We need a minimum of an 8 team playoff system.

Or, SEC is going to have to go to more than two divisions.

I agree that a real playoff system requires 8 teams, but conference championships are playoffs of their own. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I don't really care to watch replays.

Another week and some big upsets change the playoff picture.

Alabama upsets Mississippi St., TCU barely hangs on, Miami scares Florida St., Oregon sits idle, Arizona St. Is upset by Oregon St., Baylor wins big, Notre Dame is looking worse every week, Auburn is upset by Georgia.

So, it looks like Oregon, Alabama, TCU and Florida St. Could be the top four.

A number of one loss teams still in the mix.

Could a two loss team make the playoffs?

Another week and some big upsets change the playoff picture.

Alabama upsets Mississippi St., TCU barely hangs on, Miami scares Florida St., Oregon sits idle, Arizona St. Is upset by Oregon St., Baylor wins big, Notre Dame is looking worse every week, Auburn is upset by Georgia.

So, it looks like Oregon, Alabama, TCU and Florida St. Could be the top four.

A number of one loss teams still in the mix.

Could a two loss team make the playoffs?

A few weeks ago I would have said no, now, not so sure. All I know right now is that my beloved Huskers got butt whipped and I hope that's the end of this coaching staff.

I'm liking Bama to take it all now

So, with a week left;

Mississippi State is out, Notre Dame has fallen apart, Arizona St. has proven to be a nobody.

Alabama takes on Missouri, Ohio St. goes up against Wisconsin, Arizona is going to try to upset Oregon, Florida St. and Georgia Tech.

The Big 12 has its regular season end.

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

Those are the teams left for the playoffs, I can't see another team in the hunt, any team loses and they are out.

The Oregon-Arizona PAC-12 Championship game will be interesting. An Oregon victory would cancel its only loss and make it a serious contender for the #1 seed. On the other hand, a second victory over Oregon could make Arizona a #4 contender, based on its impressive strength of schedule.

The Oregon-Arizona PAC-12 Championship game will be interesting. An Oregon victory would cancel its only loss and make it a serious contender for the #1 seed. On the other hand, a second victory over Oregon could make Arizona a #4 contender, based on its impressive strength of schedule.

I Alabama wins big and Oregon wins, I see no switch at the one seed, if Oregon wins big and Alabama just gets by, there could be a switch, but I don't see it.

Arizona would be a good pick for one of the four if they beat Oregon, but you have one loss teams ahead of them.

So, with a week left;

Mississippi State is out, Notre Dame has fallen apart, Arizona St. has proven to be a nobody.

Alabama takes on Missouri, Ohio St. goes up against Wisconsin, Arizona is going to try to upset Oregon, Florida St. and Georgia Tech.

The Big 12 has its regular season end.

So, as of today, I have:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor

Those are the teams left for the playoffs, I can't see another team in the hunt, any team loses and they are out.

OSU has no chance now that their down to their third string QB.

My top four:

Mississippi St.
Florida St.
Oregon
Alabama

Arizona State lost to Arizona Saturday. I think the four teams will be

bama
Oregon
FSU
either TCU or Baylor

The playoff selection committee has dropped FSU to #4. I am no fan of FSU, and I believe they will be eliminated in the first round. But when you win the National Championship, and go on to be the only undefeated team in the Power 5 conferences, it seems odd to be behind 3 other teams.

Ok, the question now is whether Oregon deserves the #1 seed for the tourney.

At halftime they had 2 fewer points than AZ had total yards. THAT is a butt-whippin!

As much as I love Amari Cooper, I think Mariota just won the Heisman.

If Missouri plays Alabama close, then Oregon, might get the 1 seed.

Ohio St. needs someone to lose, I'm not sure an Alabama loss would take them out of the top four.

Realistically, there are probably two spots open Florida St. or TCU, if they win out its got to be those four.

If Missouri plays Alabama close, then Oregon, might get the 1 seed.

Ohio St. needs someone to lose, I'm not sure an Alabama loss would take them out of the top four.

Realistically, there are probably two spots open Florida St. or TCU, if they win out its got to be those four.

I agree. Unless someone loses it is Alabama, Oregon, FSU and TCU. The order will likely be determined by how well conf. championships are played.

At halftime they had 2 fewer points than AZ had total yards. THAT is a butt-whippin!

With the four teams that I think will be in the playoffs I'm not sure what #1 really mean. Any one of them could realistically beat the others. In my opinion there isn't an obvious #1 so being seeded #4 is just as good as #1.

Just get in

With the four teams that I think will be in the playoffs I'm not sure what #1 really mean. Any one of them could realistically beat the others. In my opinion there isn't an obvious #1 so being seeded #4 is just as good as #1.

Just get in

The only reason I want Bama to be #1 is because FSU is #4. I want to start the playoff by knocking the Seminoles out of it!

My top four:

Mississippi St.
Florida St.
Oregon
Alabama

Sound choices. Those are also my picks.

That said, I totally fucked up my NFL picks last year ... chuckle

Just get in

The only reason I want Bama to be #1 is because FSU is #4. I want to start the playoff by knocking the Seminoles out of it!

And if FSU rose to 3, you'd want Bama 2?

Blasphemy!

Ok, games are over. My 4:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Ohio St (Dayam, 59 -0 over Wisky with a third string QB)

The big twelve not having the two best teams play in a championship game keeps them out

Forum List

Back