NBC Today Show: “Black kids not playing baseball”

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

This is another race-bait from NBC. Blame whites, shake down Major League Baseball, etc. The article tries to use economic disparity as a factor but that does not cut it. Baseball is expensive due to equipment and travel.... but so is football. No decline in football among Blacks. Also, how come poor Latinos are finding ways to play baseball yet Blacks aren’t?

Maybe there has just been a flat out decline in interest in Baseball among American Blacks opting for other sports. Hell, interest in Baseball as a whole among ALL youth is experiencing a decline due the rise of other sports such as lacrosse.

This is another race-bait from NBC. Blame whites, shake down Major League Baseball, etc. The article tries to use economic disparity as a factor but that does not cut it. Baseball is expensive due to equipment and travel.... but so is football. No decline in football among Blacks. Also, how come poor Latinos are finding ways to play baseball yet Blacks aren’t?

Maybe there has just been a flat out decline in interest in Baseball among American Blacks opting for other sports. Hell, interest in Baseball as a whole among ALL youth is experiencing a decline due the rise of other sports such as lacrosse.

Kids of every race aren't playing baseball nearly as much- it isn't just black kids.

I remember when I was a kid, heading off on a summer day and playing in pickup games at a local field in the afternoon. The reason is that there were a lot more kids around in the city back then. Nowadays, the kid population in the urban prairies is a lot thinner, getting enough kids to play basketball is hard enough. A lot more kids in the tremendous suburban subdivisions, but they live a lot further away from each other and that makes it more difficult for the kids just to get to the fields and that.

..in our city they made a big deal of not enough black spectators at the MLB games: NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM FROM GOING!!!!

Kids of every race aren't playing baseball nearly as much- it isn't just black kids.

I remember when I was a kid, heading off on a summer day and playing in pickup games at a local field in the afternoon. The reason is that there were a lot more kids around in the city back then. Nowadays, the kid population in the urban prairies is a lot thinner, getting enough kids to play basketball is hard enough. A lot more kids in the tremendous suburban subdivisions, but they live a lot further away from each other and that makes it more difficult for the kids just to get to the fields and that.
...our school had a lot of softball for the girls--but it was VERY boring...so they stopped the softball and went to lacrosse

Here's a question, why aren't White people playing the games they invented? Why is it mainly Black people that now play in the NFL and NBA? Is it because these people are racist and hate White people, or is it because they're basing qualifications on merit and Black people are better at those sports? If that's the case, then why are we picking and choosing the fields where merit is the qualifier? Why is that when Black people can't qualify on their merit then suddenly it's "racist" and based on "White Supremacy?"

I just think the double standard is atrocious and absurd.

As far as NBC my bet would be we've pretty much seen the last of this story . I do expect an attempted "shake down". It won't be perpetrated by any media but rather by good old American capitalism who are the folks behind this story. Specifically, the Sports & Fitness Industry Association as mentioned in the article. Notice the "Industry" in that there? So let's get real about the intent and who is behind it.

Pickup / sandlot baseball among all kids is extinct.

..in our city they made a big deal of not enough black spectators at the MLB games: NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM FROM GOING!!!!

That's true, but was MLB really making them welcome? Did the team provider kneelers in the stands for the black fans during the national anthem? Or were black patrons ripping/damaging their polyester slacks on the concrete stadium superstructure?

Further, the article did not factor the rise in baseball participation among Afro-LATINOS while a decline in baseball participation among American Blacks.

Is anyone going to go out on a limb and say that Baseball interest among American Blacks has simply declined due to shift into other interests?

That's true, but was MLB really making them welcome? Did the team provider kneelers in the stands for the black fans during the national anthem? Or were black patrons ripping/damaging their polyester slacks on the concrete stadium superstructure?
......well---for that '''subject''--in my lifetime experiences, all the incidents where people have been loud/obnoxious and using foul language, it's mostly been black people
4 of them:
--a school bus had stopped and wasn't letting the kids off because the bus was lost....1 black mother was at the door going apeshit--loud, CUSSING in front of the children!!! this was a white area
--I'm in the drive thru and all of a sudden from far across the street I hear ''MOTHER F*****''...some black lady and cops are there..she's pissed at some guy/etc
--in my local SUPERMARKET!! a black EMPLOYEE is using the F word while talking on the phone--and my kid is nearby!!
--in the line at the bank, 2 black mothers with their KIDS there are using the F word!!
..just my observations = not racism

There are many reasons why Black kids are not playing baseball.
  • Other sports offer the top athletes a better chance to be noticed and to achieve success.
  • Whereas in basketball, all you need to have a pickup game is a ball, in baseball you need at least some equipment, which would have to be brought from home. Ain't happening. A baseball is a consumable. A basketball lasts a long, long time.
  • There are very few American Black baseball stars for the kids to emulate. Most of the big names are white or Hispanic.
  • Black kids cannot exploit their natural advantages (speed, quickness) as well in baseball as they can in basketball and football.
  • The lack of interest feeds upon itself. A H.S. baseball team requires at least 15 players. Inner city schools have a hard time even fielding a team, so the teams generally suck, which makes potential players less likely to want to participate.
And of course, there's "systemic racism," which can never be seen or documented, but we all know it's there.

• Other sports offer the top athletes a better chance to be noticed and to achieve success.
  • Whereas in basketball, all you need to have a pickup game is a ball, in baseball you need at least some equipment, which would have to be brought from home. Ain't happening. A baseball is a consumable. A basketball lasts a long, long time.
  • There are very few American Black baseball stars for the kids to emulate. Most of the big names are white or Hispanic.
  • Black kids cannot exploit their natural advantages (speed, quickness) as well in baseball as they can in basketball and football.
  • The lack of interest feeds upon itself. A H.S. baseball team requires at least 15 players. Inner city schools have a hard time even fielding a team, so the teams generally suck, which makes potential players less likely to want to participate.
And of course, there's "systemic racism," which can never be seen or documented, but we all know it's there.
thank you--as I have documented here:

hey, they have been publishing ALL kinds of RACE crap:
how come blacks are not:
stirring their coffee
tying their shoes left to right
brushing their teeth like whitey
etc etc
..a lot of dumbasses are jumping on the Feel Good Wagon

my sport of choice is JACKS

AND, they are only 13% of the population
...it appears they are just about near their percentage per capita
..however they are OVER represented in NBA and NFL--so--!!!!!
1594470539077.png

my sport of choice is JACKS

Jacks was a great game, I played it for about 10 minutes. 5 Minutes more than I played tiddly winks.

Using equipment as a factor to why Blacks are not playing Baseball is weak. Football is thriving among Blacks and equipment is not a barrier.

Forum List

Back