Nawlin's Ritz-Carlton Manager Calls Williams A Liar

I blame the entire medium.

The industry's problem is that it's based on profit. If you're selling widgets that's all well and good, but if you're dominating the public discourse, devolving into artificial bullshit based on greed is by definition inevitable.

Yeah, we know you'd prefer a state-run media where only your side of the story is told.....BTW all US media is based on profit and always has been.....newspapers reserve only the front page to be free of ads....the rest of the news is placed around ads....in small market television and radio, the announcers beat the streets for advertising dollars.

You continue to mouth off about things you don't understand.

[

Other than noting BW's self-aggrandizing delusions of grandeur and what his job is as an actor I haven't posted about Brian Williams at all. Was he lying about the body? I have no way to know, and neither does anyone else. And we're repeating the same shit from yesterday.

What I did take issue with was this historical revisionism by John Simerman, and taken up by the partisan hacks here, that the French Quarter never flooded. I'm a Katrninte; I know better. And I proved it, over and over.

Does that mean he did see a body? Of course it doesn't. But it does mean it's not impossible as Simerman's premise postulated and then had to be walked back. That was the whole point. I will not permit Katrina revisionism. Even the hotel GM in this article says it's not impossible. Well that's a stark contrast to Simerman and the USMB wags who flatly declared it was impossible.

It ain't.

One of you jagoffs (won't mention any names but think Great Gnat's Pee) actually tried to tell me there were no bodies. That the city kept us residents out for seven weeks for -- well he never did address that question why. He ran away like the coward he is.

As far as Brian Williams himself and his general ego-bloating, fuck him. He's a TV talking head, so he already jumped into that gutter when he took the job, and I've never made a secret of my contempt for television. And good on the GM for standing up for her work at the Ritz if he's been impugning her performance there. That's stabbing the person in the back (DeGersdorff) who bent over backward to keep you comfortable and safe, and if that's what he implied that's dishonest too, and contemptible.

As were all these armchair wags trying to tell me the French Quarter had no flooding, or describing hip-deep water as "ankle-deep". Fuck y'all too, you're no better than Brian Williams or the "New Orleans" Advocate -- which even lies about where it's based.

Okay...now that the volcano has completely overflowed, you're not holding so tight to Brian Williams....But even then, you don't have the damn balls to call him a liar despite a mountain of evidence.

And your contempt about the French Quarter being flooded is just....well, lets just say get the fuck over yourself. You want to argue that bull shit so that you can regard Bryan Williams lies as little as possible. Because we've all seen the pictures of Canal Street flooded.

We have NOW -- now that I shot the Advocate's premise out of the water despite you whining wankers trying to revise history.

It doesn't fucking really matter at this point how people see it other than as it relates to Bryan Williams's lies. If you want to be technically incorrect and call Canal Street part of the French Quarter, then whatever.

Oh it does matter -- minimalize it because you got schooled all you like but the fact remains I lived there; you didn't. "French Court" - I rest my case.

Funny how when you wanted to float this idea of no flooding you went to Wiki, and yet when the same Wiki agrees with my definition of the French Quarter's borders...... crickets. I find that hilarious.

Nobody believes that Bryan Williams saw a dead body floating down it anyways; just like at this point they don't believe armed gangs came into the Ritz; just like they know he lied about the helicopter stuff; just like he probably lied about saving the puppy as a firefighter; just like, well there's plenty of lies. But you're strategically getting hung up on technical flood details. If you think that's so important, then go ahead and go start a thread on it. But you're not going to do that when you could run interference on the issues of the day instead.

You were wrong, you got schooled.

Tissue?

I blame the entire medium.

The industry's problem is that it's based on profit. If you're selling widgets that's all well and good, but if you're dominating the public discourse, devolving into artificial bullshit based on greed is by definition inevitable.

Yeah, we know you'd prefer a state-run media where only your side of the story is told.....BTW all US media is based on profit and always has been.....newspapers reserve only the front page to be free of ads....the rest of the news is placed around ads....in small market television and radio, the announcers beat the streets for advertising dollars.

You continue to mouth off about things you don't understand.

Media has been my whole career, dumbass. And no, all media is certainly not based on profit, that's complete bullshit.
But when it is --- this is what you get. Especially with television, which is my whole point.

Television sells illusion. News programs are made of illusions, on any TV channel. The medium can't help it. It's inferior by design. Williams got busted trying to inflate the illusion. The lesson should be in the forest. But no, let's keep talking about trees.

No link? No story? Did you just write it?

Funny the word "liar" never appears.
You mixing meds again?

Btw is this about the "Canuck" Brian Williams? :rofl:

You're thinking the sportscaster Brian Williams. He's a fixture up here. Well known and deservedly so for excellence in reporting on the Olympics.

He went to my high school. I'm a fan. :)

I know - it was an inside joke. Shortbull came on here the other day and tried to tell us "Brian Williams is a Canuck and they're all liars'.

:lol:

Okey dokey.

Media has been my whole career, dumbass. And no, all media is certainly not based on profit, that's complete bullshit.
But when it is --- this is what you get. Especially with television, which is my whole point.

Television sells illusion. News programs are made of illusions, on any TV channel. The medium can't help it. It's inferior by design. Williams got busted trying to inflate the illusion. The lesson should be in the forest. But no, let's keep talking about trees.

"your whole career"? Name ONE media company of any size that doesn't pay their employees, pay for print or broadcast equipment, pay for a facility to house their operation...just ONE. And now you're a media guy....HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You're so full of shit no way you can have blue eyes...no way. :lol:

"your whole career"? Name ONE media company of any size that doesn't pay their employees, pay for print or broadcast equipment, pay for a facility to house their operation...just ONE. And now you're a media guy....HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You're so full of shit no way you can have blue eyes...no way. :lol:

Everybody has to pay for equipment and salaries. That doesn't mean it's based on profit. When your motive is profit, you have different objectives.

Is this an advanced class for you or what?

YOU, Sparky, were the most clueless retard in the crayon box yesterday, actually trying to tell us there were no bodies in Katrina and no business impact.

I said there were 'no bodies in Katrina?' You put that in ambiguous terms so that when I come at you, you can twist and turn out of it. If you got something to say, then say it, dickface. Let me put it in non-ambiguous terms. I stated that I don't believe that BW saw a floating body in The French Quarter and I don't believe your nonsense figure of 1300 deaths from Katrina; but that's a whole lot different than 'no bodies in Katrina,' Dickface.

Nor did I say anything remotely close to 'no business impact,' dickface. Given that impact can be positively or negatively defined, I don't know why I'd say that either.

Everybody has to pay for equipment and salaries. That doesn't mean it's based on profit. When your motive is profit, you have different objectives.

I've got a BS in journalism and published a small rag for two editions....NO ADVERTISING dumbass.....so tell me what you know about print media that I don't know and then tell me what pays the bills in these outfits of yours who don't care about making a profit.....without which nothing is possible?
impatient.gif

I've got a BS in journalism and published a small rag for two editions....NO ADVERTISING dumbass.....so tell me what you know about print media that I don't know and then tell me what pays the bills in these outfits of yours who don't care about making a profit.....without which nothing is possible?
impatient.gif

Yesterday, Pogo seemingly asserted that he is a journalism professor. When I sought confirmation to that claim, he gave no response.

YOU, Sparky, were the most clueless retard in the crayon box yesterday, actually trying to tell us there were no bodies in Katrina and no business impact.

I said there were 'no bodies in Katrina?' You put that in ambiguous terms so that when I come at you, you can twist and turn out of it. If you got something to say, then say it, dickface. Let me put it in non-ambiguous terms. I stated that I don't believe that BW saw a floating body in The French Quarter and I don't believe your nonsense figure of 1300 deaths from Katrina; but that's a whole lot different than 'no bodies in Katrina,' Dickface.

Nor did I say anything remotely close to 'no business impact,' dickface. Given that impact can be positively or negatively defined, I don't know why I'd say that either.

Yeah you did, both of them. Even after I gave you a Fox Noise link AND a USA Today link to the same story you dissed the 1300 story. The problem with you is you lie a lot. As you're doing right here and did over and over yesterday.

I don't believe it either because that was only six months out. The actual figure was more, not counting a thousand or so additional that simply disappeared without bodies.

impatient.gif

Yesterday, Pogo seemingly asserted that he is a journalism professor. When I sought confirmation to that claim, he gave no response.

Yet another lie. I've never claimed to be a journalism professor. See how you are?
Wtf is "seemingly asserted"? Either you assert something, or you do not.

Yanno what -- go ahead and bring us a quote. Like you did about my history of Brian Williams posts.
Oh wait, you ran away from that too.

Last edited:

impatient.gif

"Nothing is possible without profit" huh? Sure you wanna plant your flag on that?

I have no doubt whatever that you have a BS. I don't usually use an indefinite article with it but I guess that's personal style. :badgrin:

Oh nice emoticon btw. Is my check in the mail?

Pogp, I don't think most anyone questions how horrific it was there, but his tall tales doesn't help with any story he reports, if his credibility comes into question. Wouldn't you want the facts that do come out not to be questionable? If he hadn't so overembellished his other story, there would not have been any questioning of his Katrina tale. Doesn't that in any way piss you off at him?
I believe anyone that followed Katrina closely knows it was bad, there were dead bodies, and many died. That is not being questioned.
WTF do you care if the manager used the word or not? Are you denying that Bryan Williams seems to have lied?

And for all the direct or indirect Bryan Williams advocacy you've done, this should now be the final nail. Time to give up the ghost, dude.

Pogo is a senile old doper who's spent most of the week claiming the French Quarter flooded and Williams wasn't lying.....This report probably blew what's left of his brain activity.

:blowup:

Other than noting BW's self-aggrandizing delusions of grandeur and what his job is as an actor I haven't posted about Brian Williams at all. Was he lying about the body? I have no way to know, and neither does anyone else. And we're repeating the same shit from yesterday.

What I did take issue with was this historical revisionism by John Simerman, and taken up by the partisan hacks here, that the French Quarter never flooded. I'm a Katrninte; I know better. And I proved it, over and over.

Does that mean he did see a body? Of course it doesn't. But it does mean it's not impossible as Simerman's premise postulated and then had to be walked back. That was the whole point. I will not permit Katrina revisionism. Even the hotel GM in this article says it's not impossible. Well that's a stark contrast to Simerman and the USMB wags who flatly declared it was impossible.

It ain't.

One of you jagoffs (won't mention any names but think Great Gnat's Pee) actually tried to tell me there were no bodies. That the city kept us residents out for seven weeks for -- well he never did address that question why. He ran away like the coward he is.

As far as Brian Williams himself and his general ego-bloating, fuck him. He's a TV talking head, so he already jumped into that gutter when he took the job, and I've never made a secret of my contempt for television. And good on the GM for standing up for her work at the Ritz if he's been impugning her performance there. That's stabbing the person in the back (DeGersdorff) who bent over backward to keep you comfortable and safe, and if that's what he implied that's dishonest too, and contemptible.

As were all these armchair wags trying to tell me the French Quarter had no flooding, or describing hip-deep water as "ankle-deep". Fuck y'all too, you're no better than Brian Williams or the "New Orleans" Advocate -- which even lies about where it's based.

Pogp, I don't think most anyone questions how horrific it was there, but his tall tales doesn't help with any story he reports, if his credibility comes into question. Wouldn't you want the facts that do come out not to be questionable? If he hadn't so overembellished his other story, there would not have been any questioning of his Katrina tale. Doesn't that in any way piss you off at him?
I believe anyone that followed Katrina closely knows it was bad, there were dead bodies, and many died. That is not being questioned.
WTF do you care if the manager used the word or not? Are you denying that Bryan Williams seems to have lied?

And for all the direct or indirect Bryan Williams advocacy you've done, this should now be the final nail. Time to give up the ghost, dude.

Pogo is a senile old doper who's spent most of the week claiming the French Quarter flooded and Williams wasn't lying.....This report probably blew what's left of his brain activity.

It ain't.

Oh trust me it was questioned all day yesterday, and the flooding in the Quarter was questioned all weekend --- even after I posted several pieces of direct photo evidence, which is just bizarre. That's what I jumped in to correct. One wag tried to tell me I made up the report of over a thousand bodies. Even after liking it. Even after linking it twice from two different sources.

All of which tells me much more about the power of hackery denialism than it tells me about self-fluffing news actors.

impatient.gif

--LOL

yeah sure

--LOL

Yeah you did, both of them. Even after I gave you a Fox Noise link AND a USA Today link to the same story you dissed the 1300 story. The problem with you is you lie a lot. As you're doing right here and did over and over yesterday.

I don't believe it either because that was only six months out. The actual figure was more, not counting a thousand or so additional that simply disappeared without bodies.

Do we really have to go in circles because you can't respect that other people have a right to an opinion? The bottom line is you called me a liar when that is not the case; so, you can suck it.

Last edited:
I don't think they questioned bodies, I think they questioned Brian Williams seeing bodies at the Ritz.

It ain't.

Oh trust me it was questioned all day yesterday, and the flooding in the Quarter was questioned all weekend --- even after I posted several pieces of direct photo evidence, which is just bizarre. That's what I jumped in to correct. One wag tried to tell me I made up the report of over a thousand bodies. Even after liking it. Even after linking it twice from two different sources.

All of which tells me much more about the power of hackery denialism than it tells me about self-fluffing news actors.

impatient.gif

Yet another lie. I've never claimed to be a journalism professor. See how you are?
Wtf is "seemingly asserted"? Either you assert something, or you do not.

Yanno what -- go ahead and bring us a quote. Like you did about my history of Brian Williams posts.
Oh wait, you ran away from that too.

See, I carefully choose my words; and then pea brain you goes calling me a liar anyhow. Did I call you a professor or say that you 'seemingly' claimed it to be? When I mentioned that I took journalism classes you said something about me not passing your classes; the implication being that you are a journalism professor.

I asked for clarification and you never responded. Not my problem.

Learn to fucking communicate correctly; and stop throwing fucking tantrums.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back