natural born is still an issue

if by hawaii, you mean kenya, i agree. i wasn't going to bring up the obama birther scam, but i'm glad you did.
so libs don't suck all the time. i was surprised to here that geraldo rivera, is more conservative, doesn't think cruz is eligible. no petards have been hoist(ed).

Guy, i you are a birther, I put you in there with flat earthers.... your opinion is unimportant because you make an effort to remain stupid.

But Ted was born in Canada. He might not be eligibile.

even though the obots think it's settled law, i never have. without, a precedent, it will see the inside of the supreme court, i predict this will take cruz out, because people won't want to take a chance on not taking the white house, which Trump will do.

Exactly how and when did Ted Cruz obtain U.S. citizenship?

The fact that it is still an open question at this stage of the Presidential campaign is a testament either to the galactic ignorance of our political-media elite or their willingness to place political expediency ahead of the Constitution and the law.

There is no third alternative.

Rafael Edward “Ted” Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on December 22, 1970 and remained a Canadian citizen until he officially renounced it on May 14, 2014, eighteen months after taking the oath of office as a U.S. Senator. At the time of his birth, Cruz’s father was a citizen of Canada and his mother was a U.S. citizen.

Legally, Cruz could have obtained US citizenship through his mother consistent with Public Law 414, June 27, 1952, An Act: To revise the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality and for other purposes [H.R. 5678], Title III Nationality and Naturalization, Chapter 1 – Nationality at Birth and by Collective naturalization; Nationals and citizens of the United States at birth; the relevant section being 301 (a) (7):

Read more at Shock Report: Canadian-Born Ted Cruz Entered US Illegally In 1974; Parents Didn't File CRBA Until 1986 - Birther Report

the same rules have to apply to both parties, that's a fact.

The moon landing in still "an issue" among some morons. Nonetheless, Cruz is eligible. Period. There is no "issue" about it to the mildly retarded, or better.

This was never really an issue with Obama because he was born in Hawaii...

But I do find it hilarious you wingnuts are being hoist on your own petard on this one.

There are plenty of good reasons to NOT elect Cruz that have nothing to do with where he was actually born.
if by hawaii, you mean kenya, i agree. i wasn't going to bring up the obama birther scam, but i'm glad you did.
so libs don't suck all the time. i was surprised to here that geraldo rivera, is more conservative, doesn't think cruz is eligible. no petards have been hoist(ed).
...his mother was a U.S. citizen.

THAT, alone makes him a U.S.A. citizen. no further discussion needed. :up:

Actually it's possible at the time of his birth she was registered to vote in Canada, which would've made her a Canadian citizen, which would've made it impossible for her to be a US citizen, since the US doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Actually, we do allow dual citizenship, Poindexter. Why don't you google things before making something up?
what's google ? i thought when i was a kid i heard you had to choose. don't know if it ever was.

i found out what google is though, interesting: Reforming Dual Citizenship in the United States

The problem of dual citizenship

you can have multiple passports, back to brennen again.

Last edited:
BTW, Congress ruled long ago (and the President signed into law) that if you are born in a foreign country (as Ted Cruz was) and at least one of your parents was an American citizen (which his mother clearly was) and met certain other criteria of residence (as his mother did), then you are a U.S. citizen by birth. You do not have to go through any naturalization process, you are a "natural born citizen". Ted Cruz clearly meets all the needed criteria.

Will there be anything else?

:rolleyes-41:

BTW, Congress ruled long ago (and the President signed into law) that if you are born in a foreign country (as Ted Cruz was) and at least one of your parents was an American citizen (which his mother clearly was) and met certain other criteria of residence (as his mother did), then you are a U.S. citizen by birth. You do not have to go through any naturalization process, you are a "natural born citizen". Ted Cruz clearly meets all the needed criteria.

yes one more thing, where ??

But I do find it hilarious you wingnuts are being hoist on your own petard on this one.

There are plenty of good reasons to NOT elect Cruz that have nothing to do with where he was actually born.
...his mother was a U.S. citizen.

THAT, alone makes him a U.S.A. citizen. no further discussion needed. :up:

Actually it's possible at the time of his birth she was registered to vote in Canada, which would've made her a Canadian citizen, which would've made it impossible for her to be a US citizen, since the US doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Actually, we do allow dual citizenship, Poindexter. Why don't you google things before making something up?
what's google ? i thought when i was a kid i heard you had to choose. don't know if it ever was.

i found out what google is though, interesting: Reforming Dual Citizenship in the United States

The problem of dual citizenship

you can have multiple passports, back to brennen again.

So when you get caught in an inaccurate statement you move the goalposts. I didn't argue whether there should or should not be such a thing as dual citizenship, Holmes. I said your statement you can't have dual citizenship in the US was wrong. It was. Your link actually proves you wrong on that as well.

If you want to discuss the topic in the new location of the goal posts, that's cool, but don't do it making it should like that is what we were discussing. It wasn't

In contrast with Rafael "Ted" Cruz who was born with a Canadian birth certificate to a US expat. mom & a Cuban refugee dad who earned Canadian citizenship and then fled south to Texas a year after that and "eased" his family, including Ted, down with him from Canada....until Ted finally became naturalized I guess at some point.
i'm not saying cruz and rubio aren't natural born, i just don't know. no one does.

one was born on American soil (possibly a dualie) to non cit parents, the other definately a foreign born dualie, born in and to canada.

There is nothing in the law which States you must be born on US soil

Acorn, post: 13508631, member: 3254"]BTW, Congress ruled long ago (and the President signed into law) that if you are born in a foreign country (as Ted Cruz was) and at least one of your parents was an American citizen (which his mother clearly was) and met certain other criteria of residence (as his mother did), then you are a U.S. citizen by birth. You do not have to go through any naturalization process, you are a "natural born citizen". Ted Cruz clearly meets all the needed criteria.

Which president and what law?

Acorn, post: 13508631, member: 3254"]BTW, Congress ruled long ago (and the President signed into law) that if you are born in a foreign country (as Ted Cruz was) and at least one of your parents was an American citizen (which his mother clearly was) and met certain other criteria of residence (as his mother did), then you are a U.S. citizen by birth. You do not have to go through any naturalization process, you are a "natural born citizen". Ted Cruz clearly meets all the needed criteria.

Which president and what law?

Naturalization Act of 1795, "the children of citizens of the United States, born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, shall be considered as citizens of the United States"

There are two options, you are natural born or you are naturalized. If you are born of US parents you do not get naturalized

Answer your question, monkey man?

A Natural Born Citizen of the USA is a person who was born in the USA to parents who are US citizens.

People who are not ignorant regarding the matter know that Chester Arthur and Barack Obama both usurped the presidency.

LOL- the nutjob Birthers and their sekrit Natural Born Citizen requirements.....meanwhile the vast majority of the voters of the United States- and indeed Congress itself- the entire Congress in 2008 and 2012- all disagree with you.
that's fine jj. not everyone agrees with "climate change". it doesn't change the great hallmark of reasonable doubt.

Not everyone agrees that the earth is a globe- that doesn't mean that there is reasonable doubt.

Everything available shows he was born in Hawaii.

LOL, everything except Obama and his lovely wife who have both said she was born in Kenya. Classic, Obama was the original birther.
s

Neither Michelle or Barack Obama have ever said that either Barack or Michelle were born in Kenya.

We don't know who the original birthers were- but the biggest one of them all right now is Donald Trump.

Trump another idiot Birther.

Why wasn't it an issue when McCain was running? He was born in Panama when his father was stationed there. Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama still hasn't offered his real BC for authentication. Most people have their BC in a folder or an envelope in a drawer somewhere. His is locked in a freaking guarded vault along with the rest of the stuff that was supposed to be part of the laughable "most open administration in history". You can't even get a drivers license in some states with a facsimile of a BC much less be the leader of the free world.

What idiocy- god you Birthers are stupid.

It was an issue when John McCain was running- but he was eligible too.

Barack Obama has offered more than any current candidate- or previous President to establish his place of birth in the United States.

His birth certificate is locked up in Hawaii with the original birth certificate of everyone else born in Hawaii.

Either of the two birth certificates he has shown voters(both confirmed by the State of Hawaii) are legal proofs of place of birth anywhere in the United States

Birthers are all idiots.

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

And for those who are ignorant of where the term "natural born citizen" came from, here it is from the most requested book at the Library of Congress during the Constitutional Convention. Law of Nations.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

Last edited:

A Natural Born Citizen of the USA is a person who was born in the USA to parents who are US citizens.

People who are not ignorant regarding the matter know that Chester Arthur and Barack Obama both usurped the presidency.

LOL- the nutjob Birthers and their sekrit Natural Born Citizen requirements.....meanwhile the vast majority of the voters of the United States- and indeed Congress itself- the entire Congress in 2008 and 2012- all disagree with you.
that's fine jj. not everyone agrees with "climate change". it doesn't change the great hallmark of reasonable doubt.

Not everyone agrees that the earth is a globe- that doesn't mean that there is reasonable doubt.
funny, i have humanity from space on. in vermont, where it's 45 below zero w/windchill.

Why wasn't it an issue when McCain was running? He was born in Panama when his father was stationed there. Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama still hasn't offered his real BC for authentication. Most people have their BC in a folder or an envelope in a drawer somewhere. His is locked in a freaking guarded vault along with the rest of the stuff that was supposed to be part of the laughable "most open administration in history". You can't even get a drivers license in some states with a facsimile of a BC much less be the leader of the free world.

Barack Obama has offered more than any current candidate- or previous President to establish his place of birth in the United States.

His birth certificate is locked up in Hawaii with the original birth certificate of everyone else born in Hawaii.

Either of the two birth certificates he has shown voters(both confirmed by the State of Hawaii) are legal proofs of place of birth anywhere in the United States

Birthers are all idiots.
it's not with all the others, since a few weeks before the second coming of the long form 4/27/11, but then, you knew that. we haven't seen it yet, only in virtual form.

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

And for those who are ignorant of where the term "natural born citizen" came from, here it is from the most requested book at the Library of Congress during the Constitutional Convention. Law of Nations.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

Read the sentence after the one you highlighted. And sure, Right, Madison thought that if he has two kids, one was born in the US, the other while he was in France then only the first could be President. The second is a frog, can't trust them. A point again which is covered by the sentence after the one you highlighted. The key was parents are citizens. There is nothing which justifies the geographic location of their birth. At that time there was a lot less travel. You're over reading what they meant. Which is explained in ... the next sentence

Birthers are all idiots.
it's not with all the others, since a few weeks before the second coming of the long form 4/27/11, but then, you knew that. we haven't seen it yet, only in virtual form.

Obama was the original birther. His lovely bride the second one. Hillary wasn't actually later, she was third. Idiots all, that's for sure. Obama was actually born in Hawaii. Who gets their own country of birth wrong? Wow, what an idiot. Doesn't matter anyway, his ma was an American no matter how much she hated us. So Obama's a natural born American regardless of where he was born

In contrast with Rafael "Ted" Cruz who was born with a Canadian birth certificate to a US expat. mom & a Cuban refugee dad who earned Canadian citizenship and then fled south to Texas a year after that and "eased" his family, including Ted, down with him from Canada....until Ted finally became naturalized I guess at some point.

Really? So when and where did this naturalization take place?They do maintain very good records of those things!

Is the OP referring to Trump who was obviously hatched? And if name calling is gonna get him into the White House then America better be worried.

Forum List

Back