CDZ Nationwide Mask Mandate for 30 Days

There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue. I don't think an Executive Order would be Constitutional, so I think President Trump needs to hold a conference call with all 50 governors and ask them all to implement a 30 day mandatory mask requirement in all indoor public spaces, say the month of August. At the end of the 30 days let's look at the data. Did COVID cases go down significantly? We're told they should, so what would the data indicate? If they continue to climb, stay stagnant, or we see little reduction and we can validate there was significant compliance to the order then we'll know once for and all the result. At worst, we'll find out it's all bullshit like many speculate. At best, we'll save some lives.

Why not?

Been required here in VA for awhile yet we still have some growing hotspots. Reopening beaches pools and bars was a mistake.

Too many toddler man-babies will refuse, with their ‘freedom and liberty’ bullshit.

Sure, some states might decline. But those governors will be able to see how well it works and brings health and prosperity to the other states and they will fall into line.

There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue. I don't think an Executive Order would be Constitutional, so I think President Trump needs to hold a conference call with all 50 governors and ask them all to implement a 30 day mandatory mask requirement in all indoor public spaces, say the month of August. At the end of the 30 days let's look at the data. Did COVID cases go down significantly? We're told they should, so what would the data indicate? If they continue to climb, stay stagnant, or we see little reduction and we can validate there was significant compliance to the order then we'll know once for and all the result. At worst, we'll find out it's all bullshit like many speculate. At best, we'll save some lives.

Why not?

Been required here in VA for awhile yet we still have some growing hotspots. Reopening beaches pools and bars was a mistake.

Here in PA, they've had the masks for a long time, and it hasn't stopped it a bit.

Why not?

The election is in just 98 days or so. Why not just make this the big issue in November.

If Biden wins, we'll go for the masks and social distancing until every one feels comfortable. His entire 2 terms.

Too many toddler man-babies will refuse, with their ‘freedom and liberty’ bullshit.

Sure, some states might decline. But those governors will be able to see how well it works and brings health and prosperity to the other states and they will fall into line.

It's not much of a test unless they close their borders. Mask wearing here in Colorado is pretty good - we got hit early and it woke people up. But summer tourists are bringing it back in.

It's not much of a test unless they close their borders. Mask wearing here in Colorado is pretty good - we got hit early and it woke people up. But summer tourists are bringing it back in.

They didn't close the borders in PA, but what they did say is if you arrive from a Republican led state, you are quarantined for 14 days.

TX mandated it a few weeks ago, I ignore it of no one gives me shit about it. It's uncomfortable, it's almost completely useless and I don't like seeing people in masks. It makes everyone look like a thief or antifa turd.

Why not?

Here in PA, they've had the masks for a long time, and it hasn't stopped it a bit.

Masks are psychological sugar pills. Social distancing and hand washing only things going to help.

One of my Black co-workers lives in Hempstead, NY.
He calls his fellow Blacks faggots because they're too proud to wear masks.

A lot of people don't want to wear masks. My mum doesn't wear a mask. Her philosophy is that when its your time, you'll die. She is theoretically "prime" to die from Corona, as she is 90 with heart rhythm problems and one of her lungs cut out 15 years ago for carcinoma of the lung. Yet she isn't interested in wearing masks or asking others to do so.

A lot of people don't want to wear masks. My mum doesn't wear a mask. Her philosophy is that when its your time, you'll die. She is theoretically "prime" to die from Corona, as she is 90 with heart rhythm problems and one of her lungs cut out 15 years ago for carcinoma of the lung. Yet she isn't interested in wearing masks or asking others to do so.
That's what happening in Miami; all the people who worked for 40+ years will go out without a mask rather than be stifled with one.

Why not?
A huge NO to that..however, if you want to gather a bunch of willing participants, different ages and sex, and put THEM indoors together for 30 days, all over the Nation (throw in some incentives, like cold hard cash reimbursement...like a clinical stydy...etc..which it would be...) plus, follow up interviews/appointments, that would be interesting. Only the scientists would know if they are actually sending someone into the group with active COVID-19 (well, you need this for science, right?) ...and wait and see...unless it's being done already...
We are already lab rats in a sense...fluoride in the water, chemicals in our food, air...yea...

Leading the way? Vermont is dragging ass. Most states have already had this mandate in place. We've had it here in Nevada since the end of June. California has had it for months.
4th lowest death toll in the country. Only Wyoming, Alaska and Hawaii have fewer deaths. I'd say we are doing just fine, thank you very much.

Interesting concept, Its become to political so don't think we will ever come together to beat the virus, will have to continue to die until there is a cure.

Why not?
The data wouldn’t be valid. It’s not a controlled setting, nor is there the extremely necessary control group. The unreliable data you would be able to scratch out would be no better than comparing the countries that did vs didn’t mask, and from that data the masks don’t seem effective. The Dutch have concluded that the masks, if anything, are more harmful and ended the mask mandates. We’re almost at herd immunity anyway which was the only inevitable conclusion to covid. Sweden did it right.

Why not?
I like the idea.

I'm for a lot of experiments. I like your idea of 50 states on this because it's a matter of life and death...literally.

But on other things, I like the idea of experiments. I think we should do this with the minimum wage (for one). Pick ten states and raise it to $10.00. Pick 2 large industrial states, pick two rural states, pick two agricultural states, pick two small states, and pick two random states. See where businesses are in 5 years. See if it hurts; see if it helps. See what the unemployment rate is in those states. See what development levels are. Then seek to implement it or stay away from it in the other 40 states.

We can do this on many issues.

Why not?

We already have incredible compliance rates, more so than in other countries......the science on masks doesn't support it...

Why not?

We already have incredible compliance rates, more so than in other countries......the science on masks doesn't support it...

I'm not convinced of their effectiveness, but if we did a trial run like I'm suggesting at least can finally attempt to put this stupid argument to bed.

Forum List

Back