CDZ Nationwide Mask Mandate for 30 Days

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue. I don't think an Executive Order would be Constitutional, so I think President Trump needs to hold a conference call with all 50 governors and ask them all to implement a 30 day mandatory mask requirement in all indoor public spaces, say the month of August. At the end of the 30 days let's look at the data. Did COVID cases go down significantly? We're told they should, so what would the data indicate? If they continue to climb, stay stagnant, or we see little reduction and we can validate there was significant compliance to the order then we'll know once for and all the result. At worst, we'll find out it's all bullshit like many speculate. At best, we'll save some lives.

Why not?

Too many toddler man-babies will refuse, with their ‘freedom and liberty’ bullshit.

A county in TN did a mask mandate a month or so ago. Guess what happened? They got deemed a "hot spot" last week.

But what was the level of compliance? How many people may have already had it? What about other hygienic methods? There are a lot of questions to be asked. I think you need more than one county to make a determination. 300 million subjects would probably provide a more reliable sample.

August 1st here in Vermont.
We are leading the way, once again.

Leading the way? Vermont is dragging ass. Most states have already had this mandate in place. We've had it here in Nevada since the end of June. California has had it for months.

There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue.

How about we just look at the immediate evidence? The countries that consistently wore facemasks have flattened the curve quickly and are mostly done with COVID. We're still fucking around with it, and cases are still accelerating, six months later - most especially in the states where idiots aren't wearing masks.

Cue the denial conga line.

There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue. I don't think an Executive Order would be Constitutional, so I think President Trump needs to hold a conference call with all 50 governors and ask them all to implement a 30 day mandatory mask requirement in all indoor public spaces, say the month of August. At the end of the 30 days let's look at the data. Did COVID cases go down significantly? We're told they should, so what would the data indicate? If they continue to climb, stay stagnant, or we see little reduction and we can validate there was significant compliance to the order then we'll know once for and all the result. At worst, we'll find out it's all bullshit like many speculate. At best, we'll save some lives.

Why not?

Trump has no constitutional authority to mandate such a thing.

If the states wish to do that, I'll be glad to vote them out in Nov, but that's their right.

There is a lot of controversy over the effectiveness of face coverings to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so how about an experiment on the issue.

How about we just look at the immediate evidence? The countries that consistently wore facemasks have flattened the curve quickly and are mostly done with COVID. We're still fucking around with it, and cases are still accelerating, six months later - most especially in the states where idiots aren't wearing masks.

Other countries don't have treacherous enemy democrats.

Why not?
What makes you think the states have the constitutional authority to mandate it?

A county in TN did a mask mandate a month or so ago. Guess what happened? They got deemed a "hot spot" last week.

But what was the level of compliance? How many people may have already had it? What about other hygienic methods? There are a lot of questions to be asked. I think you need more than one county to make a determination. 300 million subjects would probably provide a more reliable sample.
Idk man. You said 30 day requirement. They had that. Well, 27 days.
Do you want a 30 day requirement or not? Lol

The mandate aspect is largely irrelevant. If there isn't widespread consensus, a mandate will only result in more strife and dissent. We mostly just need people to wise up, hopefully before our economy goes down the shitter.

Like cali?

Like cali?

No. The US isn't consistently wearing masks anywhere, mandate or not. I'm taking about places like Taiwan, or Japan.

Why not?
What makes you think the states have the constitutional authority to mandate it?

None have been successfully challenged to date. Plus, the Tenth Amendment gives powers to states that the federal government doesn’t have

A). Government should have already had this data. What the hell have they been doing with the billions and billions they've spent over years and years studying and preparing for every manner of germ warfare?

B). Because nothing on this Earth can apply universally to everyone. There are always exceptions. Everyone must go out for certain things (food, gas, etc.) but not everyone can tolerate wearing a mask being active, for medical reasons, possibly psychological.

Why not?

None have been successfully challenged to date. Plus, the Tenth Amendment gives powers to states that the federal government doesn’t have
A judge in texas ruled they were unconstitutional. State AG in LA said the same thing.
Yes, the 10th gives states powers but they still cant go against the bill of rights.
If you read the Constitution and think about it, all they can do is mandate masks on state property. Not at businesses and such.

Forum List

Back