Nationalized Education Curriculum pre-k to 12th

.... I think it should be more skill-based till high school and then letting high school be similar to today's college in writing and studying in-depth about advanced and specific topics....

That, more or less, is how it IS now. You need to keep in mind that there are basic level courses, honors course, AP courses and specific electives. That's how it is NOW.
Yes to some degree but in those courses you have a specific time frame to work in. SO if you're in high school mastering the basics of mathematics for 4 years you wont reach the more complex theories until college where you will struggle due to lack of interaction. The question isn't "what if we added this to our system?", it was "if it should be started earlier?". I know how the current system works first hand. I am asking, in your opinion should this be implemented earlier?
High schools in my state have added an option for students who do not want to obtain a regular diploma, or CORE 40, or honor's program, but want a more intensive focus in science and math. These alternative schools also require that the students give weekly presentations, which can develop public speaking skills quite significantly.

You are right that a student can do his or her very best while in secondary school, earn A's and B's, and could still be "behind" when they confront college coursework. I did that btw. I had to take a no-credit math course to catch up, later learning I liked certain maths (statistics for one), and eventually taught high school math lol It was my own fault for avoiding math in high school (taking the minimum required for college) so I had to pay the piper by playing catch-up.
It is very similar to a situation I am sitting in right now. I have to do math courses in college because my score wasn't high enough because I did not do the advanced courses for math earlier. What schools fail to inform students of or at least my school failed to tell me was those advanced courses were how you did better on the act. It wasn't about getting ahead it was about keeping up.

Just one more post to prove I'm "not making up shit"... Note in the 2nd item for sale, it says this complies WITH COMMON CORE MATH... The teachers are GETTING this wild goose chases from the academics that MADE UP the "common core" curriculum..

Description
Multiplication Strategies Math Anchor Chart

Are you searching for strategies to support two-digit multiplication? This poster kit is just for you.

It includes:

- 7 multiplication strategies with directions and matching illustrations

- 1 student reference guide that can be sent home to support parent understanding of the strategies

- guiding questions

- 1 student recording sheet (to show detailed thinking)

Use these strategies to improve student achievement!

7 Multiplication Strategies included:

1- Expanded Notation

2- Partial Products

3- Area Model with Base Ten Blocks

4- Decompose One Factor into 2 Parts

5- Decompose One Factor into Several Smaller Parts

6- Distributive Property

7- Traditional Algorithm

Description
Having problems finding a multiplication strategy that works for your class? Need ways to teach multiplication to fit common core standards? Then, this is the packet for you!

Included in this packet are easy-to-follow instructions and examples of how to use four main multiplication strategies (Area Method, FOIL, Lattice, and Double & Half). You may also choose to copy instructions for students to have when practicing at home and to guide the parents. Additionally, there are 4 practice pages for the students included.

Enjoy :)
Michelle Thom

Like this?
Check out this multiplication packet...
Cooking Up Arrays {Multiplication Match-Up Cards and Games}

or this Common Core assessment for 4.NBT.5...
Common Core 4.NBT.5 {Multiplication Assessment & Rubrics}

Leave it up to locals. If every curriculum is different that is only a strength.
What makes you believe that to be a strength? Having different forms of education just based on local areas could result in misinformation and division in any form of work if they make it that far without a standard to live up to. Do you think these things would disappear, not occur, or do you have a solution?
It supports freedom of choice. Education options are offered via format in all states due to COVID-19 but parents of young students want different things for their kids. As a parent (and teacher for the record) I liked having an option for my child for preschool. It was nice comparing the open classroom concept to regular preschool, and even looked into Catholic versus Protestant preschools. We ended up going with a Protestant preschool (best around regarding feedback from other parents), Catholic kindergarten (best option locally at the time academically), and then the best public school that was out-of-district but worth the drive.

In talking with many parents, they had different reasons for selecting different formats as well. The open concept schools (imo) are better suited for kids with a lot of self-confidence, and I can guarantee that many other parents should disagree. We all have different perceptions about what looks like the best fit for our kiddos, and that's something that will be greatly missed if the US ever does move toward some across-the-board uniform modeling concept. I shudder just thinking of that actually.
As a student (not a parent or teacher) I see things differently but that being said you have very valid points. Things I don't have much experience with and you perspective is greatly appreciated and will be considered in any further discussion. Thank you I appreciate that.

Sorry for the short diversion here. Had to support my assertions.. So WHEN are you gonna commit to offering YOUR opinions on all these questions?? I realize you're a Socratic method fan, but feel like maybe you should stake out some ground here.. LOL... You'll get flamed whether you commit to a personal opinion or not at USMB -- might as well tell us what YOU think... :auiqs.jpg:

I agree with that completely and totally. When in high school I actually had those issues in mathematics so it is quite intriguing that you put it so perfectly. How do you personally think we could stop this fear?

It very simple and NOT hard to fix.. Get 25 of America's top STEM Professional Societies to write an "open letter" to the academic eggheads in the Ed Depts of colleges --- SCOLDING THEM for making math intimidating. Tell them to teach the one way that always works PRECISELY first. And drop this insane clatter about 5 different ways to think about multiplication or finding the "roots" of equations" in Algebra. AT LEAST until the kids are SOLID in mastering it.. Reserve the freaking "tricks and tips" for tutoring sessions for students that NEED visual aids and crutches..

It's how academics on the lib arts screw up perfectly good basic knowledge all the time. By "over teaching" it... :poke::poke::poke:

It's no wonder you cant get EVERY kid thru Trig and Algebra 1 wasting time and making kids fear math... We might also get around the "math is racist" argument -- if black kids got some tutorials is defending themselves against folks that ABUSE statistics. And statistics are abused daily everywhere. This is not EVEN math.. In the 21st century with a totally dysfunctional media -- THIS IS A SURVIVAL TOOL...

But you'll never get there spending so much redundant time to confuse kids on how to do the ESSENTIALS of math..

Why do you think math is intimidating?

I taught high school math for 21 years and NEVER had a student be intimidated. I never knew a college student to be intimidated by math. I think you are imagining things!
With my personal experience, I had 2 years 7-8 grade where my teacher cried every other day and yelled at students by the end of the week if we didn't plot the 12 pages of point plotting and colored them. Most of us did them but when we asked why it was all we did she would get angry. After that, I struggled along with most of my classmates to grasp algebra and other forms of basic mathematics. Now if I do something and learn it I can repeat the solution but then I had to perform the same problem with 3 separate methods on different sections and I started getting lost. I don't have the best memory so I got better with notes and writing equations due to the multiple methods. I needed but when I had to apply 8 different solutions to solve some forms of algebra or even geometry. (it isn't as bad but still occurring) You could easily say I just suck at math and be done with it and that could very well be true but the fear factor and overteaching is something I experienced frequently. That is my experience with math, I have no doubt you were a great teacher but when the stuff like I said occurs it messes up the subject entirely. My girlfriend who had a similar issue gave up her dream to be a biologist because she feels she's not good enough at math even though she passes every course.

In other words, you are a dumbass! There are no 8 different solutions in algebra. I taught it for 21 years. Your self-confidence is the issue, as well as your girlfriend's. There are no excuses why you cannot learn math. You are providing planty you have made up to placate your ego and shift the blame for your poor math skills.
I wouldn't go that far but hey someone has to. I am not talking about an inability to learn just a difficulty with it. You cant get into the world without math skills of some sort of course I had to do it like anyone else. The difference is I am not good at it. This isn't about an inability it is about a fear that goes with it. I am telling you of an experience that caused anxiety in that field. I had a wonderful teacher who helped me later on. If my ego meant so much I wouldn't have shared a once complication. However, if that is what you got out of that fine. I"ve found my place and I am fine currently but that doesn't make the issues others had, go away. While you can say there aren't 8 different ways to do algebra that is exactly what we are being taught or at least what we had been taught in high school.

Bullshit! Stop pissing on my leg and telling me it is raining! You are making shit up, plain and simple.

Not at all -- you're a teacher right? Go pull a math textbook for 4th or 5th grade math...

In fact while you're pulling that textbook -- get some education here...

What Are Different Ways to Multiply? - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Go look at how PREVALENT this "math torture" is....

I NEVER "make up shit"... And if your leg is wet -- get Depends...

I retired almost 3 years ago, That is a video explaining multiplication that would not be used in a classroom. It illustrates the 4 methods, which are all variations of each other to solve a multiplication problem. Students are NEVER, repeat NEVER required to demonstrate any of these methods to answer a question on a standardized test, which are usually multiple choice. So your pathetic attempt at proving me wrong, failed miserably.
I hate to say it but I took the test 2 years ago. Those solving methods of different variations were on that test.

:bsflag:
What test was that? :abgg2q.jpg:
2 state tests were in preparation for the ACT and the ACT.
Oh, give me a freakin' break! Why are you lying about that?
I have no reason to lie. I am a Freshman in college I remember the tests I took to be able to go to college. Just because what I have seen doesn't fit into your view of the system doesn't automatically mean mine doesn't exist. If I wanted to screw you around with lies I could've just as easily said you had an archaic view of the world and your experience no longer is relevant due to the new stuff they're putting out. I didn't because I don't believe that and I'm simply and frankly put, not an asshole. Instead, I gave you terms, you have evidence and my experience. I am not saying you have to agree with me completely and totally. SIMPLY PUT I'm saying stop being a dick and just talk about it. Throwing a tantrum because you have experience and see the world in another light doesn't mean you can walk all over saying no this and no that because that is when we put people into nursing homes. I trust in your experience in certain subjects. This one which we were discussing, happened in the last couple of decades. I went through the system and am telling my experience. Someone else is giving their perspective. That is how my discussions work. You

I agree with that completely and totally. When in high school I actually had those issues in mathematics so it is quite intriguing that you put it so perfectly. How do you personally think we could stop this fear?

It very simple and NOT hard to fix.. Get 25 of America's top STEM Professional Societies to write an "open letter" to the academic eggheads in the Ed Depts of colleges --- SCOLDING THEM for making math intimidating. Tell them to teach the one way that always works PRECISELY first. And drop this insane clatter about 5 different ways to think about multiplication or finding the "roots" of equations" in Algebra. AT LEAST until the kids are SOLID in mastering it.. Reserve the freaking "tricks and tips" for tutoring sessions for students that NEED visual aids and crutches..

It's how academics on the lib arts screw up perfectly good basic knowledge all the time. By "over teaching" it... :poke::poke::poke:

It's no wonder you cant get EVERY kid thru Trig and Algebra 1 wasting time and making kids fear math... We might also get around the "math is racist" argument -- if black kids got some tutorials is defending themselves against folks that ABUSE statistics. And statistics are abused daily everywhere. This is not EVEN math.. In the 21st century with a totally dysfunctional media -- THIS IS A SURVIVAL TOOL...

But you'll never get there spending so much redundant time to confuse kids on how to do the ESSENTIALS of math..

I taught high school math for 21 years and NEVER had a student be intimidated. I never knew a college student to be intimidated by math. I think you are imagining things!
With my personal experience, I had 2 years 7-8 grade where my teacher cried every other day and yelled at students by the end of the week if we didn't plot the 12 pages of point plotting and colored them. Most of us did them but when we asked why it was all we did she would get angry. After that, I struggled along with most of my classmates to grasp algebra and other forms of basic mathematics. Now if I do something and learn it I can repeat the solution but then I had to perform the same problem with 3 separate methods on different sections and I started getting lost. I don't have the best memory so I got better with notes and writing equations due to the multiple methods. I needed but when I had to apply 8 different solutions to solve some forms of algebra or even geometry. (it isn't as bad but still occurring) You could easily say I just suck at math and be done with it and that could very well be true but the fear factor and overteaching is something I experienced frequently. That is my experience with math, I have no doubt you were a great teacher but when the stuff like I said occurs it messes up the subject entirely. My girlfriend who had a similar issue gave up her dream to be a biologist because she feels she's not good enough at math even though she passes every course.

In other words, you are a dumbass! There are no 8 different solutions in algebra. I taught it for 21 years. Your self-confidence is the issue, as well as your girlfriend's. There are no excuses why you cannot learn math. You are providing planty you have made up to placate your ego and shift the blame for your poor math skills.
I wouldn't go that far but hey someone has to. I am not talking about an inability to learn just a difficulty with it. You cant get into the world without math skills of some sort of course I had to do it like anyone else. The difference is I am not good at it. This isn't about an inability it is about a fear that goes with it. I am telling you of an experience that caused anxiety in that field. I had a wonderful teacher who helped me later on. If my ego meant so much I wouldn't have shared a once complication. However, if that is what you got out of that fine. I"ve found my place and I am fine currently but that doesn't make the issues others had, go away. While you can say there aren't 8 different ways to do algebra that is exactly what we are being taught or at least what we had been taught in high school.

Bullshit! Stop pissing on my leg and telling me it is raining! You are making shit up, plain and simple.

Not at all -- you're a teacher right? Go pull a math textbook for 4th or 5th grade math...

I retired almost 3 years ago, That is a video explaining multiplication that would not be used in a classroom. It illustrates the 4 methods, which are all variations of each other to solve a multiplication problem. Students are NEVER, repeat NEVER required to demonstrate any of these methods to answer a question on a standardized test, which are usually multiple choice. So your pathetic attempt at proving me wrong, failed miserably.
I hate to say it but I took the test 2 years ago. Those solving methods of different variations were on that test.

I have no reason to lie. I am a Freshman in college I remember the tests I took to be able to go to college. Just because what I have seen doesn't fit into your view of the system doesn't automatically mean mine doesn't exist. If I wanted to screw you around with lies I could've just as easily said you had an archaic view of the world and your experience no longer is relevant due to the new stuff they're putting out. I didn't because I don't believe that and I'm simply and frankly put, not an asshole. Instead, I gave you terms, you have evidence and my experience. I am not saying you have to agree with me completely and totally. SIMPLY PUT I'm saying stop being a dick and just talk about it. Throwing a tantrum because you have experience and see the world in another light doesn't mean you can walk all over saying no this and no that because that is when we put people into nursing homes. I trust in your experience in certain subjects. This one which we were discussing, happened in the last couple of decades. I went through the system and am telling my experience. Someone else is giving their perspective. That is how my discussions work. You
Didn't finish my last sentence, sorry.

You SIMPLY PUT, are being foolish in the exchanges of information to find resolutions or even discuss issues. Thanks for whatever meaningful parts you had but this load of horseshit should end. You're not getting far with that mindset.

Why would a ACT Prep class ask a 5th grade problem? It doesn't. You are being grossly dishonest. Why, I do not know. I think it is pathetic that you are trying to pull the wool over my lies with such ridiculous claims! If you are a college freshman, I strongly recommend a class in ethics, because you apparently have none.

You SIMPLY PUT, are being foolish in the exchanges of information to find resolutions or even discuss issues. Thanks for whatever meaningful parts you had but this load of horseshit should end. You're not getting far with that mindset.

Your issues are fantasies which do not exist. Therefore, there can never be a resolution.

Just one more post to prove I'm "not making up shit"... Note in the 2nd item for sale, it says this complies WITH COMMON CORE MATH... The teachers are GETTING this wild goose chases from the academics that MADE UP the "common core" curriculum..

Description

Are you searching for strategies to support two-digit multiplication? This poster kit is just for you.

It includes:

- 1 student reference guide that can be sent home to support parent understanding of the strategies

- guiding questions

1- Expanded Notation

2- Partial Products

6- Distributive Property

7- Traditional Algorithm

Description
Having problems finding a multiplication strategy that works for your class? Need ways to teach multiplication to fit common core standards? Then, this is the packet for you!

Included in this packet are easy-to-follow instructions and examples of how to use four main multiplication strategies (Area Method, FOIL, Lattice, and Double & Half). You may also choose to copy instructions for students to have when practicing at home and to guide the parents. Additionally, there are 4 practice pages for the students included.

Michelle Thom

Like this?

Common Core as a requirement was dropped by most states during the Obama administration. Please try and keep up!

You are completely clueless because you are not and never have been a math teacher. True?

Does graduate assistant in signal/image processing classes count?? Think I'm qualified to call bullshit on phony elementary school math noise....

No, It does not. Thank you for playing. We have some nice parting gifts for you, including this advice. Stop talking about subjects you know nothing about.

In the case of Asberger's, it's SPECIALIZED intelligence to fully tune into things that capture your interest.
That is a wonderful way to view Asberger's as it can be so challenging in most educational settings. It's absolutely crucial to work hard to facilitate ways to, as you eloquently stated, capture their interests. Keep up the positivity!

Your issues are fantasies which do not exist. Therefore, there can never be a resolution.
This post is not just about my experience. This has a wide range of issues that started out from a couple of questions. Several people refute theories that are fine but personally, I don't care what graveyard you reside in. You have refused to have a discussion and reduced yourself to insults and telling me you don't believe what I say. I am telling you on my experience if the cust is weighing down your eyes so extensively that you do not wish to discuss perspective you've got no business discussing. Want to tell me your experiences? fine. Want to ask about mine? fine. Want to ignore discussion calling bs on anything you don't want to believe exists? Find a flat earth group.

Description

It includes:

- guiding questions

1- Expanded Notation

2- Partial Products

6- Distributive Property

7- Traditional Algorithm

Description

Michelle Thom

Like this?

Common Core as a requirement was dropped by most states during the Obama administration. Please try and keep up!

All what I'm telling you transpired in Cali and Florida over the past 20 years. And Florida only recently repealed Common Core.. And it hasn't died with repeal -- some of these awful ideas linger on because teachers adopted them and still fit them into whatever the current state curriculum guidelines are..

You've attracted the crustiest, crankiest know it alls about education (and everything else) here. This is not the right board for thoughtful discussion about anything, Pythagoras. Shine 'em on.

Leave it up to locals. If every curriculum is different that is only a strength.
What makes you believe that to be a strength? Having different forms of education just based on local areas could result in misinformation and division in any form of work if they make it that far without a standard to live up to. Do you think these things would disappear, not occur, or do you have a solution?
It supports freedom of choice. Education options are offered via format in all states due to COVID-19 but parents of young students want different things for their kids. As a parent (and teacher for the record) I liked having an option for my child for preschool. It was nice comparing the open classroom concept to regular preschool, and even looked into Catholic versus Protestant preschools. We ended up going with a Protestant preschool (best around regarding feedback from other parents), Catholic kindergarten (best option locally at the time academically), and then the best public school that was out-of-district but worth the drive.

In talking with many parents, they had different reasons for selecting different formats as well. The open concept schools (imo) are better suited for kids with a lot of self-confidence, and I can guarantee that many other parents should disagree. We all have different perceptions about what looks like the best fit for our kiddos, and that's something that will be greatly missed if the US ever does move toward some across-the-board uniform modeling concept. I shudder just thinking of that actually.
As a student (not a parent or teacher) I see things differently but that being said you have very valid points. Things I don't have much experience with and you perspective is greatly appreciated and will be considered in any further discussion. Thank you I appreciate that.

Sorry for the short diversion here. Had to support my assertions.. So WHEN are you gonna commit to offering YOUR opinions on all these questions?? I realize you're a Socratic method fan, but feel like maybe you should stake out some ground here.. LOL... You'll get flamed whether you commit to a personal opinion or not at USMB -- might as well tell us what YOU think... :auiqs.jpg:
In my personal opinion and experience (Indiana and Oklahoma) I believe education has fallen short in many different areas. In English courses, I have been told you learn to write an essay but as someone who wrote before then, I couldn't understand why I took 3 classes telling me the same thing and another on forming a paper on my analysis. I always saw the repetitive nature to be a waste of time. (those were all AP) English is very important but the repetitive nature is not needed. Students in 8th grade and freshman year have the ability to understand how to write. We were introduced to a 5 paragraph format which I openly disregarded because I knew beforehand you write with points and evidence to fit a solution to a question. It was not as ruler smacking and teachers used to tell kids to get them worried. I think 8-12 in terms of writing has to be progressed. teaching the basics and then the next 4 years using them completely not a watered-down version. English needs to be more about understanding complex works and effectively writing papers on opinion and analysis. Most students in my experience as a first-year couldn't do this effectively and it was quite sad.

I took all of the advanced history courses I could and that is where I mainly learned how to write comprehensively and analyze properly. I think history is one of the most important classes to take and not in the cases I saw which was more we have a test and you need to be able to bs a paper but that it should be writings, lectures, and discussions. A lot of the instruction was about memorizing dates and trying to use certain things in rhetoric. Personally, I found history to be beautiful in a way. When using it in papers or discussions it wasn't as cold as the teachers let on. When in a discussion it inspired reference which would lead down a segment on interpretation. I think 8-12 history should not be repetitive either. There are classes that were used as (what I call) a herded class. It's where they sent students to waste time. I think because the poor administrative usage of those courses caused pupils to be dull. I know this because talking to some people who went through those courses as they were instructed could open their mouth and make you want to slit your wrists. History as a goal should not just be how to write a paper but how to take a source of historical value and write about it alongside research. This should be expected and students should be doing this without refresher classes in semester 1 of college.

Science class would be seemingly difficult due to my complications in mathematics but I grasped the theories quite well and started exploring them on my own. When I had discovered the things I wasn't being taught I was more offended than anything. My school refused to promote physics and did not open the idea until my junior year. I believe science holds priorities over other subjects. Our school system has used these classes to create little workers to join the force and follow the instruction to the letter to make some money and live pretty okay. This is shown very much in the classroom. Bio was drawing pictures every day, physical science was math but with an application. Science should not have to pick up after other courses but they do. I have a lot of respect for them because for that reason I cannot imagine how difficult that is. Personally, I believe that the United States as a whole needs to lean away from this industrialized worker attitude and move more to promote science in schools so that students do research in college. Not just so they can learn about science in college but so they have to tools to freshman year start in university research.

Math is a very logical, "to the point area", or so I thought. When you study basics in mathematics it should be about effectively finding a solution but it has in my experience transitioned to learn every different way possible memorize the formulas and use them for these problems. Einstein said, “Never memorize something that you can look up.” and that makes sense to me. In my experience, we waste so much time on memorization. In Japan, they have a method of multiplication that I never knew existed when I was very young but learning it in that way would have been amazing. Instead, I was met with memorization of this, that, and the other which is the biggest problem in my beginning. Mathematics should be taught as a subject like any other, not a script to be memorized. I wish and want mathematics one day to be second nature to as many students as possible. I hope math students can go into college and start experimenting with spherical geometry and the usage of the tesseract in theories. Math is breathtaking I just wish I was better at understanding it.

In terms of education on the national level. I want the United States to have a united curriculum that is advanced to the degrees I specified earlier. I understand the constitutional issues that are seen but I am not saying states cannot have direct control and townships shall disintegrate. If we need to test it needs to be over the same information for us to compare. If we want to be more successful as a nation we need to take steps even the founders did not foresee. I do not believe the federal government needs to control everything but we need to advance the information given to students and why we give it to them or else we will fall further from where we are now. I understand there is a lot of fear associated with nationalization but the same way we secure our interests locally is how we do it nationally. States, of course, will always have a say but we as a nation cannot leave our system fractured while we try running sooner or later we will never even walk. If the states, teachers, scientists, feds, and philosophers of our time could get together and try to create a system that operates efficiently to progress our society with more of what I previously stated I believe the U.S.A will have another Freeman Dyson and Oliver Sacks.

I believe extracurriculars are very important. Offering additional education by choice helps students get through school. I did several political clubs, mock trials, robotics, theatre, debate, and National Forensics. These are great ways for students to get involved. I also like internships. I ran out of advanced courses to take my senior year so the school tested a program on me and several others in a similar predicament to give people experience in different fields. In my time I worked with the city government and a private legal office. In that time I learned a great deal about local government. I learned specifically how corrupt mine was. I saw a private company control taxes and water for businesses. Nevertheless, I learned a great deal and believe every school should have similar options. It was after the success of this test that I learned they were going to force students from freshman to senior year to do an internship in businesses around our city in order to choose a job. To get them ready for the workforce. It as at this I started having a problem. It was giving a kid 3 trees to sit under in the Garden of Eden and not telling him where the is.

These are my stances I hope it satisfied any curiosities. If you have any inquiries please ask away.

It is sad to have to verify about being satirical.

It IS sad, however necessary, as I have known more than a few individuals who staunchly believe that any religion or political philosophy that pee-dares the Industrial Revolution shouldn’t even be allowed to be discussed. Anything that came from the agrarian society should simply be discarded in their minds.

...I know how the current system works first hand....

How so?
The system (be it the one I went through) I know is mostly because I was a student there but while I was I had been around for the teacher protests as well as several other demonstrations to which I became more familiar with the local issues in my state and district work. In several cases, I worked alongside the administration to help out in certain areas on preparedness for college, and when I told them they were scaring a bunch of people about college we tried to make it to where we removed certain fears. I have experience in a lot of the mentalities of teachers mainly because I knew them. I went frequently to board meetings and spoke to a rep with the state board of education. I had teachers who specifically asked me to run for mayor so that I could fix the education system in my city since those in power couldn't care less. They were building a school on the rich side of town so they had someplace to send their kids while in the meantime forgetting about our school. I read through the "grants" and forms of funding through are school and realized the school would have been in 3 million dollar debt after 4 years unless they somehow paid it but when I asked why they labeled it the way they did without mentioning paying it back they just told me "its good for the school sign the papers." which is what they did with a fucked up system called Blue Zone. I don't proclaim to know everything about every state I know how it is done in the one I had grown up in. I spent most of my free time with teachers I knew personally who had been running for political positions and helping their campaigns so they would fix some of the issues. I know about all the things I said from things I have read through and researched as well as what I experienced in high school which greatly influenced how I look at education overall. I also spent a lot of time helping the medical portion of my school but while doing chek ups on students and having to look for scabies and other quite disgusting things I also realized how fucked over certain medical staff are. Nurses worse than their aids. In my state you can barely help a kid due to fear parents will sue the school and this last year I went to that school they banned bandaids for students. After this we had a bunch of students flood in with pills they were hiding. Because of the administrative policies they were treated the same as the people who tried to sell meth. (random kid looked at me and said point-blank, "want to help me sell some meth I have too much".

Why so in-depth? I understand you have your experience and I look forward to hearing about it but not all experience stems just from being a teacher. This is something I have had to explain a million times. I don't want to come off as a dick here but I want to make sure you are aware that my perspective does have a first-hand basis, watching my school burn itself to the ground counts even though I wasn't teaching.

Forum List

Back