Nationalized Education Curriculum pre-k to 12th

Pythagoras

Dec 24, 2020
Samos, Greece
What are your opinions on a nationalized education system with a completely equal Curriculum? How do you feel about schools separating students based on demonstrated knowledge (tests) vs the teacher's discretion (pass or fail)? Do you believe homework should take priority over studying/readings (of course excluding language and mathematics)? What opinions do you have on creating a harder curriculum? Finally for this thread, any opinions on removing textbooks and using pieces if not entire sections of sourcebook (instead of talking of political philosophy from a textbook include some of The Prince)?

What are your opinions on a nationalized education system with a completely equal Curriculum? How do you feel about schools separating students based on demonstrated knowledge (tests) vs the teacher's discretion (pass or fail)? Do you believe homework should take priority over studying/readings (of course excluding language and mathematics)? What opinions do you have on creating a harder curriculum? Finally for this thread, any opinions on removing textbooks and using pieces if not entire sections of sourcebook (instead of talking of political philosophy from a textbook include some of The Prince)?

I've never figured out how you tune or fix lagging and failing schools WITHOUT national testing. The states FUDGE their own testing numbers. The problem is -- APPARENTLY testing of any kind is "racist" and biased.. And the screams about NAEP for example are horrific.

If you're NOT gonna allow national testing -- then just DISBAND the Dept of Ed.. They have NO PURPOSE if they have no data to go on...

I dont there's time or benefit to roll in "original sources" in K-6, but for the higher grades it would advance the dialogue to do that and might rejuvenate some of the problems in teaching history and literature. Certainly NOT really advantageous for math, science because those curriculums are already tortured in "politically correct" propaganda which should be removed entirely if we don't want to lose our STEM edge in education...

I've never figured out how you tune or fix lagging and failing schools WITHOUT national testing. The states FUDGE their own testing numbers. The problem is -- APPARENTLY testing of any kind is "racist" and biased.. And the screams about NAEP for example are horrific.

If you're NOT gonna allow national testing -- then just DISBAND the Dept of Ed.. They have NO PURPOSE if they have no data to go on...

I dont there's time or benefit to roll in "original sources" in K-6, but for the higher grades it would advance the dialogue to do that and might rejuvenate some of the problems in teaching history and literature. Certainly NOT really advantageous for math, science because those curriculums are already tortured in "politically correct" propaganda which should be removed entirely if we don't want to lose our STEM edge in education...

The Department of Education funds Title I programs for the poor and Special Education. That's about all they do. If you are Jack Student or Suzie student and do not fall into those categories, the Ed Dept does not contribute anything to the cost of your education.

What are your opinions on a nationalized education system...

The US Constitution neither mandates nor provides for ANY involvement of the Federal Government in the Education System. Therefore the mere idea of a Federal Education System, Department of Education, or anything of the sort is a non-starter in my mind.

That makes sense. How do you feel about the multiple intelligence theory? How do you feel about text-books in general? In standardized testing do you think there are any changes that would be more beneficial to the system? What do you think about the education gap and do you have any ideas on causation or resolves?

The Department of Education funds Title I programs for the poor and Special Education. That's about all they do. If you are Jack Student or Suzie student and do not fall into those categories, the Ed Dept does not contribute anything to the cost of your education.
Do you think they have any effects on the quality of education? Do you think they should? Should there be more interaction with the department's role and students outside of those categories?

What are your opinions on a nationalized education system...

The US Constitution neither mandates nor provides for ANY involvement of the Federal Government in the Education System. Therefore the mere idea of a Federal Education System, Department of Education, or anything of the sort is a non-starter in my mind.
Do you believe the FDA is a necessity in our day and age? Do you think the creation of oversights is needed? Do you believe every state should be allowed to dictate its own form of education or remove education? Do you believe the Charter of Economic Rights and Duties of States allowing for compensated nationalization of the industry could also apply to education? If the state wanted to remove private education do you believe it is in their rights? If the state wanted to eliminate public schools is that within their rights and should it be? Final question, if the states should have total control over their education should the federal budget no longer include education leaving it to the states?

Do you believe the FDA is a necessity in our day and age? Do you think the creation of oversights is needed? Do you believe every state should be allowed to dictate its own form of education or remove education? Do you believe the Charter of Economic Rights and Duties of States allowing for compensated nationalization of the industry could also apply to education? If the state wanted to remove private education do you believe it is in their rights? If the state wanted to eliminate public schools is that within their rights and should it be? Final question, if the states should have total control over their education should the federal budget no longer include education leaving it to the states?

I’m not sure what the FDA has to do with anything, but NO I don’t believe it’s a legitimate department.

I believe Oversight for almost everything is a State/Local level issue. I believe each State and City/Town should be in charge of their own education systems, and paying for it.

I don’t believe the State has the Right to prohibit or even regulate private educators, so long as they are not utilizing public facilities or receiving public funding.

No Federal funding should exist for education at any level.

I’m not sure what the FDA has to do with anything, but NO I don’t believe it’s a legitimate department.

I believe Oversight for almost everything is a State/Local level issue. I believe each State and City/Town should be in charge of their own education systems, and paying for it.

I don’t believe the State has the Right to prohibit or even regulate private educators, so long as they are not utilizing public facilities or receiving public funding.

No Federal funding should exist for education at any level.
I was merely using the FDA as an example of a "non-constitutional" creation. Do you disagree with the creation and jurisdiction of the FDA or its motives too? Do you just not read what medicine to take and ask for whatever ails you or do you refuse most medicine that isn't all-natural? Does this also mean you're an anti-vaxxer? When was the last time you ate food? Were you looking at the cost to amount ratio or did you hunt for your own food? How many times have you had dysentery in the past lifetime?

Do you believe that for efficiency or just because you believe the constitution is the only thing we can follow? or why? I do agree with the fact that the state and city need to not only work on keeping up with current information but also have most of the local jurisdiction on lock. The disagreement I have is when it comes to what to teach specifically. How do you feel about everyone learning the same thing? Even in the state, you live in? What if they decide reading doesn't matter anymore and want to regress into oral tradition is that in their right?

This is something a take a huge issue with mainly because of what religious education can do if it is allowed to go unchecked. Do you think any religious school should be able to dictate its own curriculum? Do you believe a school can not have a medical professional due to doctor Jesus their lord and savior? Do you draw the line when religious teachers rape children or beat them? With absolute control, it will become significantly harder to catch those who are heinous and evil don't you think?

Leave it up to locals. If every curriculum is different that is only a strength.
What makes you believe that to be a strength? Having different forms of education just based on local areas could result in misinformation and division in any form of work if they make it that far without a standard to live up to. Do you think these things would disappear, not occur, or do you have a solution?

I was merely using the FDA as an example of a "non-constitutional" creation. Do you disagree with the creation and jurisdiction of the FDA or its motives too? Do you just not read what medicine to take and ask for whatever ails you or do you refuse most medicine that isn't all-natural? Does this also mean you're an anti-vaxxer? When was the last time you ate food? Were you looking at the cost to amount ratio or did you hunt for your own food? How many times have you had dysentery in the past lifetime?

Do you believe that for efficiency or just because you believe the constitution is the only thing we can follow? or why? I do agree with the fact that the state and city need to not only work on keeping up with current information but also have most of the local jurisdiction on lock. The disagreement I have is when it comes to what to teach specifically. How do you feel about everyone learning the same thing? Even in the state, you live in? What if they decide reading doesn't matter anymore and want to regress into oral tradition is that in their right?

This is something a take a huge issue with mainly because of what religious education can do if it is allowed to go unchecked. Do you think any religious school should be able to dictate its own curriculum? Do you believe a school can not have a medical professional due to doctor Jesus their lord and savior? Do you draw the line when religious teachers rape children or beat them? With absolute control, it will become significantly harder to catch those who are heinous and evil don't you think?

I believe thst the US Constitution is the core of our system and needs to be followed to the letter. There are means to change it, if necessary. Whether or not I agree with the purpose of the FDA is irrelevant because the Government has no legitimate power in that area. I follow the recommendations of my medical professionals.

I believe every locality should have the right to determine what level of education they will offer. Public pressure will prevail and whatever the community wants, and is willing to pay for, is what they will get. I do believe that religious education does not belong in public schools. However, I have no issue with parochial education. Obviously staff and administrators cannot injure their charges or commit crimes and be protected from charges.

I believe thst the US Constitution is the core of our system and needs to be followed to the letter. There are means to change it, if necessary. Whether or not I agree with the purpose of the FDA is irrelevant because the Government has no legitimate power in that area. I follow the recommendations of my medical professionals.

I believe every locality should have the right to determine what level of education they will offer. Public pressure will prevail and whatever the community wants, and is willing to pay for, is what they will get. I do believe that religious education does not belong in public schools. However, I have no issue with parochial education. Obviously staff and administrators cannot injure their charges or commit crimes and be protected from charges.
I see a lot of their power being in approval and testing however in all frankness our current FDA system is kind of a joke from my personal opinion. That being said I still belive it is legitimate and necessary for the public well-being as poorly Maintenence as it is. I digress.

The desire to follow the constitution to the letter especially since it has the ability to be amended also makes sense for me. I just don't have that much faith in the entirety of the public especially when it comes down to getting things done. This being said I do agree with the fact the local government should stay on top of things and have most of the power, just not on what the students should learn because then it can get so disjointed the education crisis would be overwhelming.

I agree with the religion and education statement. Personally, I don't like religious institutions beyond places of worship but I know that will not change anytime soon so I have accepted they'll be there. When it comes to religious pushes in the curriculum is where I have issues. The suppression of certain theories based on science or philosophy happens to be another issue I have. ( I of course am of the mind that philosophy and religion are separate beasts) Again I digress.

The only thing I see is the curriculum issue and that's mainly just me wanting an equally well-informed general public who stand on equal ground. I will never agree that education should be lowered to fit some standard but pushing for a stronger education system all around is where I currently stand. Is there an arrangement of the curricular decisions you'd support? Council of the board of Ed. from each state? Locality/state decision making? Free-for-all?

I apologize for the blank responses I have no clue how that happened.

Do you think they have any effects on the quality of education? Do you think they should? Should there be more interaction with the department's role and students outside of those categories?

No. They do not impact quality of education outside those areas.

No They should not affect quality of education. Despite all the hype and hysteria, the federal government has almost zero impact on the curriculums in schools.

No. There should not be more interaction.

I see a lot of their power being in approval and testing however in all frankness our current FDA system is kind of a joke from my personal opinion. That being said I still belive it is legitimate and necessary for the public well-being as poorly Maintenence as it is. I digress.

The desire to follow the constitution to the letter especially since it has the ability to be amended also makes sense for me. I just don't have that much faith in the entirety of the public especially when it comes down to getting things done. This being said I do agree with the fact the local government should stay on top of things and have most of the power, just not on what the students should learn because then it can get so disjointed the education crisis would be overwhelming.

I agree with the religion and education statement. Personally, I don't like religious institutions beyond places of worship but I know that will not change anytime soon so I have accepted they'll be there. When it comes to religious pushes in the curriculum is where I have issues. The suppression of certain theories based on science or philosophy happens to be another issue I have. ( I of course am of the mind that philosophy and religion are separate beasts) Again I digress.

The only thing I see is the curriculum issue and that's mainly just me wanting an equally well-informed general public who stand on equal ground. I will never agree that education should be lowered to fit some standard but pushing for a stronger education system all around is where I currently stand. Is there an arrangement of the curricular decisions you'd support? Council of the board of Ed. from each state? Locality/state decision making? Free-for-all?

Why are you referencing the FDA? What does that have to do with the topic?

Many of you forget that the creation of the Education Department was to ensure that states were not neglecting significant portions of poor and minority students. It was a massive problems in poorer states in the south, such as Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi for example. That is no longer the case and now the Education Department focuses on reading programs for the poor students under Title I and Special Education students, as well as administering loans and grants for post-secondary education.

Forum List

Back