Equity = getting rid of advanced math classes

The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is moving to eliminate all accelerated math options prior to 11th grade, effectively keeping higher-achieving students from advancing as they usually would in the school system.
You don't really need smarts for that. If a guy doesn't pick up a whore fast enough to be regular about it, he's considered a "slug" per local slang.

Plus there are those other benefits you mention, like getting the girls because you are so smart and will go far in life, not to mention the simple personal satisfaction.
Girls don't like being outsmarted by guys. When they play the stupid airhead blonde, they're looking for an even dumber guy.
Bottom line is that if you reward superior performance, you tend to get more of it. The converse is also true.
You're assuming, of course, the absolute power to dole out or administer positive and negative "consequences" to your slaves. Fewer beatings for a job well done.

Few will read your full post. Of those that do, few will realize the incredible importance of it for both future US economic competitiveness and allowing gifted youth to reach their full potential.

Like you, I got a "5" on the AP Calculus test in high school. It helped me skip three expensive courses in college which I did not need, and enter the professional workforce a semester earlier than otherwise.

When we lower standards, we will naturally get a decrease in performance. The converse is also true.

PS: Back in 2019, The College Board which administers the SAT test added secret scoring to the SAT that is a function of the test taker's "social-economic adversity." I.e, the person't genetics and address.

The US has gone nuts, and China is rejoicing as we divide ourselves, put ourselves out of work, put ourselves at a competitive disadvantage due to climate issues, defund and demonize our law enforcement, decriminalize everything, lower standards of performance, and change from educating our youth to indoctrinating them.

Regards,
I see what you are saying. The church wants islam to replace law enfacement as we know it. People don't know how bad it can be, untill that happens. Muslims want us to have discontent, to have them take over. The church made the world to be in one Mell of a Hess.

I see what you are saying. The church wants islam to replace law enforcement as we know it. People don't know how bad it can be, untill that happens. Muslims want us to have discontent, to have them take over. The church made the world to be in one Mell of a Hess.
This is not the religion forum, and this thread is not about religion. Take your meds and go the fuck away from the education form.

In the name of what progressives refer to as “equity,” Virginia is planning to eliminate all accelerated math courses before 11th grade.

On a personal level, as a person who always took the highest level math classes that were available during my entire schooling, and who always scored in the 99th percentile on standardized math tests, I think this is a horrible idea.

On a practical level, as a person who wants bridges that don’t fall down, I think this is a horrible idea.

And on an intellectual level, as a person who knows that Kurt Vonnegut’s “Harrison Bergeron” was written as a warning, and not an instruction manual, I think this is a horrible idea.

“Harrison Bergeron” was a fictional story that takes place in the future, where the government tries to make everyone equal. So the best ballet dancers were forced to wear weights on their arms and legs so they couldn’t dance better than anyone else. The best looking people were forced to wear masks on their faces. And the smartest people (like those who were the best at math) were forced to wear a noisemaking device inside their ears so they couldn’t concentrate on anything for more than 20 seconds at a time.

Virginia moving to eliminate all accelerated math courses before 11th grade as part of equity-focused plan

April 22, 2021

The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is moving to eliminate all accelerated math options prior to 11th grade, effectively keeping higher-achieving students from advancing as they usually would in the school system.

Loudoun County school board member Ian Serotkin posted about the change via Facebook on Tuesday. According to Serotkin, he learned of the change the night prior during a briefing from staff on the Virginia Mathematics Pathway Initiative (VMPI).

"[A]s currently planned, this initiative will eliminate ALL math acceleration prior to 11th grade," he said. "That is not an exaggeration, nor does there appear to be any discretion in how local districts implement this. All 6th graders will take Foundational Concepts 6. All 7th graders will take Foundational Concepts 7. All 10th graders will take Essential Concepts 10. Only in 11th and 12th grade is there any opportunity for choice in higher math courses."

Mod Edit: Do not post the entire article, only an excerpt, please.
Mod Edit?...LOL..... Looks like leveling down has arrived a USMB also....hahahaha

Mod Edit?...LOL..... Looks like leveling down has arrived a USMB also....hahahaha
I back the Mod.

The edit was not done to censor, it was done to protect this website from retransmitting copyrighted content without permission.

For good reason, USMB rules, right here:
state:
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
There are exceptions to this. If one takes exception, one should state why.

Here is an example of how to do it legally:

[ I claim fair use of this copyrighted publicly-financed audit result. Posted for non-commercial purposes in accordance with 17 USC § 107 ]

I back the Mod.

The edit was not done to censor, it was done to protect this website from retransmitting copyrighted content without permission.

For good reason, USMB rules, right here:
state:
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
There are exceptions to this. If one takes exception, one should state why.

Here is an example of how to do it legally:

[ I claim fair use of this copyrighted publicly-financed audit result. Posted for non-commercial purposes in accordance with 17 USC § 107 ]

Didn't realize the parameters were so tight. Good job then....

Jo

Forum List

Back