Nastiness

Pension provision is the biggest scandal we never hear about in the UK and its getting worse every year.

The numbers of people working zero hours minimum wage jobs is growing all the time. These people have no pension provision because they simply dont have the job security or income to be able to save.

Most major employers have also closed their old pension schemes which were final salary and replaced them with money purchase schemes which are cheaper for the employers but not as good for the employee.

In 20 years time there will be millions of people who will be unable to retire because they cant afford it. In my opinion the current generation of pensioners is enjoying the golden age.

Such is life in a society where people are expendable and profit is the only goal.

Why won't you take the $15,000 you have paid in if you've earned more than $100,000. each year? It's your money and you want to give it to me. Many thanks!

I won't take blood money. Especially not from thd Government. I dont make $100K and never have in a single year. Not likely i ever will.

It became Government miney the inztant they stole it from me. I don't want it back. I won't burden my Soul that way.

Trump just killed a groundbreaking new program designed to help low wage workers

Apparently his paymasters in the investment sector didnt like this.

What a shocking move. People will retire on less because of trump.
It’s not just Trump, but most Congressional Republicans and others on the hateful right who have an unwarranted contempt for low income working Americans.

This is yet another example of the bane of failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

“Using the Congressional Review Act, a law that allows Congress to get around the Senate filibuster to pass certain resolutions, the GOP nullified an Obama-era regulation that allowed states to experiment with the kinds of programs that California had proposed.”

And this is yet another example of the hypocrisy common to most on the right, supposed ‘advocates’ of ‘states’ rights’ and ‘less government.’ So much for states and local government addressing issues on their own absent ‘interference’ from Washington.

Trump just killed a groundbreaking new program designed to help low wage workers

Apparently his paymasters in the investment sector didnt like this.

What a shocking move. People will retire on less because of trump.

I'll be 43 yearz old this summer. Anyone in my age bracket who thought they were ever gonna be able to retire is a fool. Unless they've been squirreling away every last penny for the last 25 years.

My retirement plan is simple - 1 round of .45 ACP up under the chin.
Sooner the better.

Why won't you take the $15,000 you have paid in if you've earned more than $100,000. each year? It's your money and you want to give it to me. Many thanks!

I won't take blood money. Especially not from thd Government. I dont make $100K and never have in a single year. Not likely i ever will.

It became Government miney the inztant they stole it from me. I don't want it back. I won't burden my Soul that way.
LOL OK, that is your foolishness. I have made 100K+ for 12 of the last 13 years. And I will use MediCare and SS plus pensions to live comfortably for, likely, another 25 years. Some of us just have skills that are more useful.

LOL OK, that is your foolishness. I have made 100K+ for 12 of the last 13 years. And I will use MediCare and SS plus pensions to live comfortably for, likely, another 25 years. Some of us just have skills that are more useful.

I make enough to cover my family's needs. That's really all I need. I see no need for anyone to live past the point where they are productive to Society.

Forum List

Back