NASCAR: The problem at Martinsville

NASCAR Crash Course: Martinsville Speedway shows its age with latest snoozer It's only a little over a half-track. Maybe having fewer cars on the track is the answer. Maybe toughen qualifying so only a limited amount can race on the small track. I am against eliminating the track it gives the driver a real test.

I live about an hour north of Daytona International Speedway. At 2.5 miles, the NASCAR track is almost five times as long as Martinsville.

When cars can't pass for the lead under green on a track, I don't have much use for that track. It's boring...

It's been 20+ years since I was at a race at Martinsville... Worse thing about the facility is the concrete bleachers... For the Spring race take a pillow to sit on or take-home hemorrhoids...
I used to love short-track racing, hell I used to really enjoy NASCAR... I pay a little attention, but haven't watched a complete race in a long, long time...
NASCAR has it place or used to anyway... Life was good back then...

NASCAR Crash Course: Martinsville Speedway shows its age with latest snoozer It's only a little over a half-track. Maybe having fewer cars on the track is the answer. Maybe toughen qualifying so only a limited amount can race on the small track. I am against eliminating the track it gives the driver a real test.

I am not sure "There weren't any cool crashes" is really a reason to change anything about the race. NASCAR owns the track now, so anything that brings in money is fine with them.

Byron also nailed the setup, leaving everyone playing catchup as he led 212 of the race's final 218 laps.

well, if no one can pass and challenge for the lead, or is willing to hit someones bumper, you'll have another boring race, like this one.

Forum List

Back