Nancy Pelosi and "San Francisco values"

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Bill O'Reilly believes he coined the phrase "San Francisco values" and certainly got it right describing what we are now in for:

"So, what are those 'San Francisco values' that are being invoked as frightening words in talk-radio land from coast to coast?... It's easy to caricature the fringe elements of our politics and culture — the medical-marijuana clubs that cross the line into party halls, the wacky supervisors who say the outrageous for 15 seconds of fame, the street fairs for adults only. Just remember, San Francisco didn't send any of these characters to Congress. It sent Nancy Pelosi."

Ah, yes, Ms. Pelosi, who might be measuring her new office for drapes right now as she could become the new speaker of the House.

But back to San Francisco values. As listed in my book "Culture Warrior", here they are:

Cradle to grave entitlements for the poor with a punishing tax rate to pay for them. An anti-military attitude — remember, San Francisco voters approved a nonbinding referendum banning military recruiters from city schools. Legalized drugs, unfettered abortion rights, no parental notification for minors having abortions, and rehab not punishment for many dangerous criminals.

No restrictions on the southern borders — San Francisco welcomes all illegal aliens. An anti-Christian attitude — remember last March? The supervisors condemned a rally by a conservative Christian youth group, kids. The supervisors called it "anti-gay and anti-choice," but the city apparently is comfortable with militant gays dressing up as nuns in a public parade and mocking said nuns. No proclamation condemning that.

These are just a few of the values San Franciscans embrace in their secular progressive paradise. There's no question that the nation's most liberal city doesn't reflect the traditional values of most Americans. The city's standard bearer, Nancy Pelosi, is about to become one of the most powerful people in the country if the vote goes the Democrat way tomorrow.

The ACLU, of course, is thrilled. George Soros is delirious. The Hollywood ultra left is revving up the party big time.

But the rest of us are left with an unsettling feeling. Yes, Iraq's a mess, but what's on the horizon isn't exactly a vision of comfort either.

And that the Memo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,227846,00.html

That is why the coined phrase Bill used is only good for the Bay Area. I can only imagine how it's going to influence us and will eventually happen in such subtile ways in the near future.

As it was in the days of Noah - before the Flood...it'll be that way again. Men and Women worship nothing but themselves.

I would like to take this opportunity to congradulate you on your parties' obvious nationwide victory and you on your new job you have inherited by default.

Just think, it won't be long before my grandchildren can witness faggots kissing in public resturants even in conservative areas. We can even pay their social security benefits when one dies of aids and they can soon be considered "NORMAL" citizens just like at the wharf.

I realize some of your first decisions will be extremely difficult like which Supreme Court Justice to investigate first. These things will probably terrorize you, oops, I can't use that word. Sorry, I mean challange you.

Nancy, in your speech last night you did however forget to thank the drivers of all the church busus who did such a wonderful job of collecting up vagrants and mission dwellers and effectively getting them to the polls to voted. If that is an example of how you are going to treat the "BASE" of your party you had better think again lady. Those folks deserve alot of credit, without them you would not be speaker this am.

Just so you know a team of forensic experts dug up Ben Franklin this morning and placed a pillow on both sides of his skeleton skull so he would not hit his head when he rolled over to puke.

Talk about eminant domain, never mind that, I'm gonna puke.

I'm sure you are busy this morning trying to conjur up a conservative plot theory for the voters of Montana so I'll let you go but remember YOU are the speaker now. Your political ride has just begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Pal,

Emmett

As it was in the days of Noah - before the Flood...it'll be that way again. Men and Women worship nothing but themselves.

What's wrong with men and women believing in themselves before god. What has god/allah brought to the world?? Nothing but death and destruction.

What's wrong with men and women believing in themselves before god. What has god/allah brought to the world?? Nothing but death and destruction.

Men bring most of the death and destruction. Let's see what God brought.

The Sun
The Stars
You
Air
Food
Water
Trees
Animals
The Moon
Me
Everybody Else

Eh, you get the point. I could go on for hundreds of pages, but I don't want to waste the bandwidth.

Forum List

Back