Name 3 Films with a Great Score or Soundtrack

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
The difference between Score and Soundtrack is the former was written for the film, whereas the latter can be music from any period.

Music can elevate a film, it can make an ordinary film good, and an extraordinary film a classic. I chose three great films with an extraordinary score or soundtrack that elevated all three.

1) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky

The difference between Score and Soundtrack is the former was written for the film, whereas the latter can be music from any period.

Music can elevate a film, it can make an ordinary film good, and an extraordinary film a classic. I chose three great films with an extraordinary score or soundtrack that elevated all three.

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky
Out of Africa
Top Gun
Flash Dance

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky
Its not really a film but the soundtrack and the original music for “The Vietnam War.” Both the popular music that was featured as well as the original music of Atticus Ross, Trent Reznor and Yo Yo Ma are excellent. You lose the context if you hear the music without the pictures on first viewing but subsequent viewings--if you tune your ears for it, are more powerful if you listen of the audio cues.

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky
The Sound of Music

Exodus

Showboat

2) Braveheart

3) Rocky
I love film music but still need a better explanation of the difference between score and soundtrack in order to answer this good question...

I love film music but still need a better explanation of the difference between score and soundtrack in order to answer this good question...
The score is original music that is specific to the film. A soundtrack is a collection of songs to be included in the movie.

The Hobbit: the desolation of Smaug.
The Princess Bride.
Chariots of Fire

Not known for it's soundtrack, but nevertheless the music was all written for the show but only one song I believe.
Not typically my style, but with the movie scenes it goes extremely well.
One of the best marriages of film and score out there - Slingblade

Forum List

Back