NAACP demands citizen's private texts be analyzed for N-word usage!

Yanno -- there are uncountable posts on this board that I start reading, nodding in agreement with a valid point being made. I get set to check "Agree"...

Then the post shoots itself in the foot and renders that checkmark impossible.

"Racist hate group" is where you lost me.
Too bad. Coulda been a contender. But this kind of divisive shit is exactly the problem.

{Edit: post 2, by contrast, never had a shot}

All this group does is target white men and push hatred for cops.

Sorry...I cant call them any other thing. Black kids in their city toss the N word around like a nerf ball on a spring Saturday. And the NAACP is silent. But a white kid is RUMORED to have used the word in a private snapchat message...and they want the government to search and publicize the persons messages and identity?

Sorry. Their nonsense is far beyond reasonable anymore.

That's better. But to ascribe overreach as "racist hate" doesn't help anything.
Even when it is racist hate?

Well, in that case, they should also be looking for the words honky, cracker, whitey...needless to say, I'm not holding my breath. I guess only whites can be racists.
dont all white people already have their own code words for black when they text? l{this way the white house wont track it}?

There needs to be a distinction between what is said publicly, and what is said in private.

A person texting another person always does so beleiving it to be a private conversation.

NAACP leaders urge Charleston County School District to release details regarding racial slur - Post and Courier

So...the NAACP demands that a teenager's privately sent snapchat messages be revealed because word on tha skreet is that the citizen used the N word.

Wow. So I assume the NAACP wants all the black teens messages and music screened for N word usage too?

The NAACP now wants private digital messages...sent by a citizen...to be analyzed for N words simply because that citizen happens to be a white high school student?

This racist hate group is just becoming a joke.

Wow? are they serious?

who is the NAACP to demand anything?

and would this not be a true case of violation of freedom of speech?

was this message used on a school computer?

if so, ??

what the hell. we elect a black man to be President now all of sudden they think they OWN ALL of us. whoa.

NAACP leaders urge Charleston County School District to release details regarding racial slur - Post and Courier

So...the NAACP demands that a teenager's privately sent snapchat messages be revealed because word on tha skreet is that the citizen used the N word.

Wow. So I assume the NAACP wants all the black teens messages and music screened for N word usage too?

The NAACP now wants private digital messages...sent by a citizen...to be analyzed for N words simply because that citizen happens to be a white high school student?

did you actually read the article.

the student code of conduct prohibits racial slurs. this isn't "private citizens"

did you actually read the article.

the student code of conduct prohibits racial slurs. this isn't "private citizens"

In school...verbally...yes.

This was a snapchat comment. Sent privately from a phone at tbeir home.

Forum List

Back