Myth of Capitalism

This review is upsetting to me, one who does not understand economics. A solution to the loss of true competition seems unfindable. Between Big corporations & Big government there seems no space for small anything to exist, much less thrive.

Key insights from: The Myth of Capitalism
Very well done piece....Every point factual.

This review is upsetting to me, one who does not understand economics. A solution to the loss of true competition seems unfindable. Between Big corporations & Big government there seems no space for small anything to exist, much less thrive.

thats crony capitalism not true capitalism,,,
Means nothing. Stick to the topic.

We don’t have true capitalism and haven’t for a long time. We are now a rapacious oligarchy with lots of Fascism baked in.

As the column in the OP references, the ultra wealthy’s days are numbered. We can’t continue this way indefinitely. The pitch forks are coming.

We live in a failed state.

We don’t have true capitalism and haven’t for a long time. We are now a rapacious oligarchy with lots of Fascism baked in.

As the column in the OP references, the ultra wealthy’s days are numbered. We can’t continue this way indefinitely. The pitch forks are coming.

thats exactly what I said, you just used more words to say it,,,

And again, your point is meaningless.

how so???

what we have now is crony capitalism not true capitalism as the OP makes clear,,,

how so???

what we have now is crony capitalism not true capitalism as the OP makes clear,,,
Yes. So why bother with posting what you posted?

how so???

Yes. So why bother with posting what you posted?
for the same reason you did,,,

Whatever you call it - can it be fixed?
not as long as dems and repubes are in control,,,

:boo_hoo14: Facts are facts:

Every Republican President in History caused Job JOB KILLING Recessions or Depression!!!

Few Democrat Presidents ever cause a recession. Only 1 since 1949!

Republicans caused 10 Job Killing Recessions since 1954!

Every Republican President in History caused Job JOB KILLING Recessions or Depression!!

Clinton added more jobs than Republicans Ford, Reagan, Bush1, Bush2 & Trump COMBINED!!!

:fu:I dare you to prove me wrong! :fu:

Every Republican President in History caused Job JOB KILLING Recessions or Depression!!!

Every Republican President in History caused Job JOB KILLING Recessions or Depression!!

Clinton added more jobs than Republicans Ford, Reagan, Bush1, Bush2 & Trump COMBINED!!!

I’m afraid you have the timing wrong. There is a big lag in economic performance so when Republicans take over often they are taking over a Democratic economy that is in freefall. And obviously this is not surprising since Democrats are anti-business not pro business. 1+1 = 2

Actually Democrats are anti-business so cause all the recessions. Their programs are higher taxes and more regulation to strangle business into recession. Now do you understand?

Another fucking mess to clean up. Two in a row.

Another fucking mess to clean up. Two in a row.
You can bet anti-business Democrats will get business booming with tax increases, regulation increases, more support for unions, and hatred of the rich and successful in business.

This thread is, if you will pardon my bluntness, stupid.

Every day, thousands of new businesses are formed in this country by people who are investing all their capital, all their effort, all their time, in an attempt to get rich. And while most of them fail or only succeed marginally, many of them succeed beyond their owners' wildest dreams. You don't read much about them because they try to keep a low profile, but they are a major element of the economy.

Particularly with immigrants, entrepreneurship has been the main avenue for assimilation and success for generations of immigrants, while native-born Americans do not pursue these ubiquitous opportunities.

That's not capitalism. That is Big Government Cronyism.

This is what Real Capitalism has done:

GDP per Person - Capitalism.jpg

Forum List

Back