My white privilege

How do you take action on a plan that you don't know about? Nobody could have even dreamed that terrorists were going to hijack planes and use them to take down something like the WTC. It doesn't matter what he said.

How could they not have seen that one coming. Terrorists have been hijacking planes for years, they've tried blowing up the WTC before. The real problem was that Bush didn't care.

One had nothing to do with the other. INCOME TAXES were lowered for our job creators to aid in creating more jobs. He didn't take money from SS or Medicare to cover for it. He increased those programs because their funds were eventually going to run out of money as life expectancy kept increasing.

Well, actually, they did. All that surplus in SS and Medicare was converted into bonds to pay for general fund items. Not to mention all the deductions that middle class folks used to enjoy that Reagan took away. he shifted the tax burden onto the working class, and you all cheered him on for doing it.

No, it went down because the Republicans kept fighting with Hussein to spend less money. Those battles led to the sequester, the government shutdown, losing our three star credit rating for the first time in our history. All because of the fighting between Republicans wanting to spend less and Democrats spending more.

The sequester was because Obama wouldn't let Creepy Paul Ryan gut social security to give more tax cuts to rich people. you should be grateful, if Paul Ryan had gotten his way, they wouldn't be paying disability to malingerers like you.

Better find a better calculator.

That's the official one from the SS website.

Disability doesn't pay great. What you get for disability is what you would get from SS if you retired at full retirement age today which would be 67 years old for me. Basically I retired a few years early. They also told me that when I do reach retirement age, I won't notice any difference. It's all internal. I'll just be on SS like everybody else instead of disability.

And I'm very happy that Republicans didn't take that away from you, because they really wanted to. I'm glad you live in a slum that you can afford.

Furthermore I still have my rental income to also rely on. My IRA is there as a backup in case I need it, but I'm trying to avoid using it until I can't work around here as a landlord and have to sell the place. Hopefully that won't be for a long time. I enjoy what I do. In any case, Commie Care has no plans for my health provider which is the Cleveland Clinic. I'm not about to switch providers because of that. In 15 months, I also get to go on Medicare. Medicare pays the most and costs the least. After that, and as long as nothing else goes wrong, I'll be doing just dandy.

Wow, Medicare and Disability? Man, you have learned how to game the system. The the HUD kids give you props?

Let me point out that this map is very deceptive. It uses the federal poverty level as the basis. As you can surmise, the cost of living varies significantly by state - $100 goes a lot further in West Virginia than it does in San Francisco, probably at least twice as far...

Yeah, but who the fuck would want to live in West Virginia?

Ummm.... West Virginians?

Have you met West Virginians?

1615804202964.png

Let me point out that this map is very deceptive. It uses the federal poverty level as the basis. As you can surmise, the cost of living varies significantly by state - $100 goes a lot further in West Virginia than it does in San Francisco, probably at least twice as far...

That same goes for many Southern states. These states provide a FAR, FAR better standard of living for the same money with better weather than many blue states. You Yankees come to visit on vacation all the time. You don’t vacation in dumps, at least normal people don’t.

The recession started in February, before there was one recorded case of Covid in the US.

It had just as much to do with increases in corporate debt and Trump's unnecessary trade wars. You could even call them, "Comorbidities" of the economy.

Um no, it didn’t. Forgive me if I don’t respect your authority on the economy.

Yes, Democrats spend money on poor people to keep them from starving. Republicans give money to rich people in corporate welfare and bloated military contracts. Hey, let's send some poor kids off to an unnecessary war so we can use some of these expensive toys.

No, Democrats spend OTHER people’s money on handouts to make them feel good about their lack of morals in daily life. Instead of giving to charities, which they do NOT as compared to Republicans, they talk about raising taxes on somebody else to pay for their “charity”.

Uh, yeah.. not really. The Ultra-rich played a fun long game supporting the yahoo rednecks in Jesus land, but then realized what the country would look like under Trump, and holy shit, did they get scared.

No, the ultra-rich were Democrats WELL before Trump. They didn’t like Trump because they saw that he wanted the middle and lower classes to be picked up. They want dependency, just like Democrats, because it gives them more control. Keep in mind, ultra-rich doesn’t mean you have a million dollars, ultra-rich means you have 100’s of millions of dollars. You are very, very confused about the motives of these folks. It isn’t to protect people like you, average Joe.

No. But funny thing.... Most Americans really don't want to live in a conservative economy. They want their middle class entitlements. They DEMANDED the government do something about Covid.

Please tell that to all the folks moving into my state. Once again, very, very confused.

Uh, guy, one more time.

Last three REPUBLICANS left the economy in recession and economic shambles. Biden didn't win because of BLM, he won because Trump fucked up the economy and Covid response. If anything, Trump used BLM to scare stupid white folks into voting against their own economic interests again

COVID caused a world-wide recession. Any non-indoctrinated 3rd grader knows this.

Um. No.

one more time. Republicans are fine with WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE-- Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, VA Loans and benefits. Things middle class Americans think they are "entitled" to, which is why they call them "Entitlements". And what you get is the Two-step. Repukes cut taxes to the rich, and then say,"Hey, guys, we got to cut your entitlements."

the two biggest entitlements are Social Security (1.151 TRILLION) and Medicare (722.00 BILLION). The next biggest program is Defense at 636 BILLION. the biggest "welfare" program, if you want to call it that, is Medicaid at 448 Billion.

Pure dribble.

And yes, people in the South are more likely to collect these benefits than people in the North.

You don’t want to hear this because it doesn’t fit your narrative, but take a look at the demographics of the South as compared to the North and figure out who gets the most benefits. I will give you a hint, they vote Democratic at a 90%+ rate.

Uh, I've been to the South. It's a third world country. They get more welfare than the north does and has a higher poverty rate.

Yeah, folks routinely choose to vacation and buy vacation properties in third world countries? I’ll tell you what very few do...buy a vacation place in the cold ghetto where you live.

View attachment 467863
You live in the murder capital of America. You really should not talk. With corrupt politicians and corrupt teachers unions. The city is best known for Michael Jordan (whom you called mediocre), Al Capone (criminal) and an old guy with a goat.

Spare me

I am not sure I can think of one nice ”blue” state where an average person can actually have a nice standard of living. Sure, Beverly Hills is nice, but hardly affordable. A person making 75k/yr living in these blue cities lives in an absolute DUMP compared to someone living in a red state with the same income.

That same goes for many Southern states. These states provide a FAR, FAR better standard of living for the same money with better weather than many blue states. You Yankees come to visit on vacation all the time. You don’t vacation in dumps, at least normal people don’t.
the only item you have the upper hand is homlessness

GDP per Capita – Democrats do Vastly Better
Median Household Income – Democrats do Vastly Better
Unemployment – Democrats do Slightly Better
All People in Poverty – Democrats do Vastly Better
Child Poverty – Democrats do Vastly Better
Pop Graduated HS – Democrats do Slightly Better
Pop Graduated College – Democrats do Vastly Better
Homelessness – Republicans do Vastly Better

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
How could they not have seen that one coming. Terrorists have been hijacking planes for years, they've tried blowing up the WTC before. The real problem was that Bush didn't care.

Bullshit. The first WTC attack happened early in the Clinton first term, and did he suspect they would be hijacking planes to use as bombs? Clinton made no effort to do anything because these cave men were not a viable threat. Nobody knew. Not our CIA, not our FBI, not the White House.

The sequester was because Obama wouldn't let Creepy Paul Ryan gut social security to give more tax cuts to rich people. you should be grateful, if Paul Ryan had gotten his way, they wouldn't be paying disability to malingerers like you.

Nobody tried to gut SS. You are FOS as usual. The sequester was to automatically kick in if they could not meet on a budget. DumBama's budget was too high and the Republicans wouldn't agree to it, just like they didn't agree with it in the Pork bill recently.

That's the official one from the SS website.

Well then it's wrong or you don't know how to use it.

And I'm very happy that Republicans didn't take that away from you, because they really wanted to. I'm glad you live in a slum that you can afford.

They didn't want to take away shit. Bush presided most of his two terms with all Republicans. Didn't go near it. Even when Bush proposed that we should allow people the option to take a small percentage of their SS contributions to invest it themselves, some of the Republicans didn't even support that idea.

Wow, Medicare and Disability? Man, you have learned how to game the system. The the HUD kids give you props?

What choice do I have? If you like your hospital, you can keep your hospital was yet one of many lies told by the Kenyan clown. Yes, you get Medicare (which I also paid into my entire working life) two years after you collected your first disability payment. They put you on it automatically.

I'm sorry you lack the intelligence to understand the difference between various programs in our country. Perhaps you should learn about them first so you don't look nearly as stupid when you make posts about them.

the only item you have the upper hand is homlessness

GDP per Capita – Democrats do Vastly Better
Median Household Income – Democrats do Vastly Better
Unemployment – Democrats do Slightly Better
All People in Poverty – Democrats do Vastly Better
Child Poverty – Democrats do Vastly Better
Pop Graduated HS – Democrats do Slightly Better
Pop Graduated College – Democrats do Vastly Better
Homelessness – Republicans do Vastly Better

I stopped with median household income. The ultra-wealthy aside, those with salaries above 100k vote more heavily Republican. The “median” may be higher for Democrats because garbage collectors in Manhattan can make salaries comparable to some engineers in blue states, though the blue state engineer will have a much better standard of living. We know inner cities have a large Democratic constituency with higher pay than average but lower standards of living even when compared to those with lower salaries in red states/areas.

I can promise you that the average and above average people in my state have a significantly higher standard of living than the those making the same and even more in big blue Democratic cities and it isn’t even close. They are also heavily Republican.

I have a relative who has a Masters in electrical engineering from Northwestern and is in management at Intel in Seattle. His salary is 3 times+ the average, but his standard of living due to real estate cost and taxes is on par with folks making less than 1/2 his salary in my state. Therein lies the problem with Democratic run states.

Not trying to convince you. If you think you are doing well in these blue areas, stay there. We don’t want what you have.

They come down there because it's WARM. Not because they want to spend quality time with Cleetus and Billy-Bob.

I am not sure I can think of one nice ”blue” state where an average person can actually have a nice standard of living. Sure, Beverly Hills is nice, but hardly affordable. A person making 75k/yr living in these blue cities lives in an absolute DUMP compared to someone living in a red state with the same income.

I make slightly over that. I live in a very nice suburb. I was able to afford living here when I made considerably less, but I'm basically squirrelling away all my income for retirement at this point.

You live in the murder capital of America. You really should not talk. With corrupt politicians and corrupt teachers unions. The city is best known for Michael Jordan (whom you called mediocre), Al Capone (criminal) and an old guy with a goat.

And our museums, our cultural centers, our sports teams, our industry, etc. etc.

Our per capita murder rate is actually lower than a lot of other midwest cities like Cleveland, Detroit or St. Louis

Bullshit. The first WTC attack happened early in the Clinton first term, and did he suspect they would be hijacking planes to use as bombs? Clinton made no effort to do anything because these cave men were not a viable threat. Nobody knew. Not our CIA, not our FBI, not the White House.

Actually, Clinton tried to do a lot of things, after the 1993 attack and after McVeigh blew up the Murrough Building. He was stymied and flustered by the Republicans in Congress, the NRA and the Airline industry at every turn.

Let's point out WHY 9/11 happened. It happened because the airlines were using minimum wage rentacops for security, and you could pretty much walk right past them.

One of the things Clinton recommended was putting steel doors on cockpits... the Airline companies fought tooth and nail against that one.

Nobody tried to gut SS. You are FOS as usual. The sequester was to automatically kick in if they could not meet on a budget. DumBama's budget was too high and the Republicans wouldn't agree to it, just like they didn't agree with it in the Pork bill recently.

They didn't want to take away shit. Bush presided most of his two terms with all Republicans. Didn't go near it. Even when Bush proposed that we should allow people the option to take a small percentage of their SS contributions to invest it themselves, some of the Republicans didn't even support that idea.

Actually, yeah, people caught on what he was trying to pull, something he never ran on, or he would have lost in 2004. (Hey, did he ever get around to banning gay marriage like he promised?)

What choice do I have?

Working for a company that offers health insurance? Getting off your lazy ass and not making excuses and blaming everyone else.

They come down there because it's WARM. Not because they want to spend quality time with Cleetus and Billy-Bob.

I make slightly over that. I live in a very nice suburb. I was able to afford living here when I made considerably less, but I'm basically squirrelling away all my income for retirement at this point.

And our museums, our cultural centers, our sports teams, our industry, etc. etc.

Our per capita murder rate is actually lower than a lot of other midwest cities like Cleveland, Detroit or St. Louis
Congratulations...you’re only sort off irrelevant. Your museums, cultural centers and sports teams don’t compare to ours.

Um no, it didn’t. Forgive me if I don’t respect your authority on the economy.

You don't have to, but the facts are facts. Republicans bring recessions. Every fucking time. It's not a bug, it's a design feature.

No, Democrats spend OTHER people’s money on handouts to make them feel good about their lack of morals in daily life. Instead of giving to charities, which they do NOT as compared to Republicans, they talk about raising taxes on somebody else to pay for their “charity”.

You mean, they support things that do good. Hey, the reason why we HAVE government entitlement programs is charities WEREN'T getting the job done. Not in the 1930's and not now.

No, the ultra-rich were Democrats WELL before Trump. They didn’t like Trump because they saw that he wanted the middle and lower classes to be picked up. They want dependency, just like Democrats, because it gives them more control. Keep in mind, ultra-rich doesn’t mean you have a million dollars, ultra-rich means you have 100’s of millions of dollars. You are very, very confused about the motives of these folks. It isn’t to protect people like you, average Joe.

Oh, I agree, the ultra-rich used to support Republicans because they would cut taxes and deregulate... they never did shit like Ban Abortion or Gay marriage or any of the culture war shit you guys make up. The problem is, they've finally realized that 1) We can't go on as we are and 2) Republicans really don't know what the fuck they are doing. Trump is the last fatal stage of the Republican disease... where you don't even try to pretend to reform anything, you just play on people's hates and fears.

Please tell that to all the folks moving into my state. Once again, very, very confused.

Since you never tell us what state that is, I'm not impressed. So I'm just going to assume you live in MS or AL, the most backwards ass, inbred moron state in Jesusland.

COVID caused a world-wide recession. Any non-indoctrinated 3rd grader knows this.

Except the rest of the world didn't have the loss of life or economic devastation we had.. because they didn't have a clown like Trump. Germany did just fine. Japan did just fine.

Pure dribble.

Your concession is duly noted, that you don't have an answer when confronted with numbers. We spend more on "Entitlements" than we do on "Welfare".

Here's the thing, if you guys were REALLY true to your philosophy, you wouldn't have gotten behind increased unemployment benefits or extended payments.... You'd have just said, "Fuck those working people". But that would have made the recession actually bad for White People, and hell hath no fury like a white person slightly inconvenienced.

You don’t want to hear this because it doesn’t fit your narrative, but take a look at the demographics of the South as compared to the North and figure out who gets the most benefits. I will give you a hint, they vote Democratic at a 90%+ rate.

Uh, no, guy, we already established who gets most of the benefits... we are spending far more on Social Security and Medicare than we don on all the welfare programs combined.

Yeah, folks routinely choose to vacation and buy vacation properties in third world countries? I’ll tell you what very few do...buy a vacation place in the cold ghetto where you live.

Shhhh... nobody tell Mexico and Costa Rica they aren't third world countries because a few rich people have beachfront property.

View attachment 467863

There you go again with stereotypes. Do you really want to know what many people think of dwelling in large cities? GHETTO compared to where I live. Yes, complete GHETTO.
I have been to West Virginia countless times. My in-laws used to live in a huge, modern, multi-level, real log cabin on five acres in the scenic Blue Ridge mountains. The family, including myself, help build it (took us nearly ten years of weekends, ha). I think it sold for $360k long ago. It would go for millions in California.

I'll take that living over the ghetto life or San Francsico-type neighbors any day.

Rural folk are actually nice to each other. A lot of city folk, when they see someone in urgent need, stand by and pull out their cell phone and start filming.

Right, there are quite a few Cleetus and Billy-Bobs who can afford to play golf at exclusive courses and live in areas where the average home price is 500k with many over several million. Keep in mind, 500k buys a MUCH nicer home than what you can get.

make slightly over that. I live in a very nice suburb. I was able to afford living here when I made considerably less, but I'm basically squirrelling away all my income for retirement at this point.

I have seen “nice” areas far too often in big cities. They are far from nice by my standards. Maybe you have just been conditioned to have lower standards. One of the most liberal cities in the country is NYC and you can be a multi-millionaire living in Manhattan in what I would call a VERY average apartment. Sure, you can go to a Broadway show. You can also get mugged right outside the door of your very expensive, yet average, apartment.

Like I said, I am glad you think are are living well. Stay there. We certainly don’t need left-minded folks screwing everything up in the South like they have in their own states.

Forum List

Back