My white privilege

Sure, so says you. The numbers didn’t say that at all.

The recession started in February, before there was one recorded case of Covid in the US.

It had just as much to do with increases in corporate debt and Trump's unnecessary trade wars. You could even call them, "Comorbidities" of the economy.

Don’t kid yourself. Both parties always spend money, but on different things. Democrats just prefer to take money and dole it back out as they see fit. They despise personal resposibility because it leads to less control for them.

Yes, Democrats spend money on poor people to keep them from starving. Republicans give money to rich people in corporate welfare and bloated military contracts. Hey, let's send some poor kids off to an unnecessary war so we can use some of these expensive toys.

Yeah, the ultra-rich are starting to figure out that us above average, non-mediocre folks don’t know what were are doing. It is you mediocre and the vast majority of the less than mediocre folks that are the real brainiacs. I swear, you can’t make this stuff up.

Uh, yeah.. not really. The Ultra-rich played a fun long game supporting the yahoo rednecks in Jesus land, but then realized what the country would look like under Trump, and holy shit, did they get scared.

You actually have it completely backwards. In virtuallly every poll I have ever seen, most people trust the Republicans with the economy over Democrats. Have you ever heard an independent claim to be economcially liberal but socially conservative?

No. But funny thing.... Most Americans really don't want to live in a conservative economy. They want their middle class entitlements. They DEMANDED the government do something about Covid.

You have to be a real nitwit (or lazy)to trust Democrats with the economy. If it weren’t for the social issues you mention, Democrats would NEVER win an election. They take full advantage of social issues and even make some up. They make up ridiculous claims line “systematic racism” to stir up the conscience of guilt ridden white folk. They prey on the weakest minded and count public school indoctrination to secure the votes of the others.

Uh, guy, one more time.

Last three REPUBLICANS left the economy in recession and economic shambles. Biden didn't win because of BLM, he won because Trump fucked up the economy and Covid response. If anything, Trump used BLM to scare stupid white folks into voting against their own economic interests again.

I can’t speak for Ray’s situation, but I can assure you that the overwhemingly number of people who are dishonestly, meaning could work but choose not to, living off the government do NOT vote Republican. They are hard-core Democrats.

Um. No.

one more time. Republicans are fine with WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE-- Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, VA Loans and benefits. Things middle class Americans think they are "entitled" to, which is why they call them "Entitlements". And what you get is the Two-step. Repukes cut taxes to the rich, and then say,"Hey, guys, we got to cut your entitlements."

the two biggest entitlements are Social Security (1.151 TRILLION) and Medicare (722.00 BILLION). The next biggest program is Defense at 636 BILLION. the biggest "welfare" program, if you want to call it that, is Medicaid at 448 Billion.

When you get to the welfare programs, they are relatively small. TANF (the biggest welfare program for the very poorest Americans) has a budget of 16 Billion. SNAP (Food Stamps) is 85 billion. Section 8, which Ray can't stop bitching about because most of his neighbors get it, is 30 Billion.

Now want to point out, because you are a little fucking dense, is that most people who get SNAP, Medicaid and Section 8 actually have jobs, but just not jobs that pay well enough to provide health insurance or pay for housing and food. And yes, people in the South are more likely to collect these benefits than people in the North.

I can assure you that my “double-wide” is nicer than your luxurious ghetto “condo”.

Uh, I've been to the South. It's a third world country. They get more welfare than the north does and has a higher poverty rate...

Oh, wait, here's that Poverty Map again!!!

1615729385000.png

I already did earlier in the thread... Geezus.

Bush got the PDA, and his response was, "Well, you've covered your ass." and then went fishing.

So who's source is more reputable and reliable, my source or yours?

Actually, what he did was shift the tax burden away from the rich and onto to the working class. And you dummies cheered him on when he did it.

No. The only increase he took on the working was SS contributions and Medicare, because simple numbers would prove the programs to be broke in a matter of years. But that had nothing to do with lower tax rates for anybody. SS and Medicare were pretty much self-funded through payroll tax. There was no shift because a decrease in income tax revenue had nothing to do with social programs.

After the president submits a budget...

The real problem wasn't that he cut spending- as you say, it continued to increase. it was that he slashed revenues because he thought supply side fairy dust was a thing.

The President can submit anything he wants, but that doesn't mean the House has to approve of it. Trump submitted several bills to the commies, and they didn't approve of it at all.

You can't face facts that it's the House--not the President that spends the money in our budget.

I can’t speak for Ray’s situation, but I can assure you that the overwhemingly number of people who are dishonestly, meaning could work but choose not to, living off the government do NOT vote Republican. They are hard-core Democrats.

OCD Joe thinks he knows more than doctors. You know how these commies think. They believe they know more than anybody else. I had to go on disability, and because of his severe mental disorders he refuses to have addressed, he loses sleep over it every night. I was put out of work in November 2019. It's now 2021, and this mental midget has brought it up nearly every exchange of ours since. So you know you're dealing with somebody severely Fd up in the head.

Oh, wait, here's that Poverty Map again!!!

View attachment 467563

Let me point out that your map is very deceptive. It uses the federal poverty level as the basis. As you can surmise, the cost of living varies significantly by state - $100 goes a lot further in West Virginia than it does in San Francisco, probably at least twice as far...

cost-of-living-by-state-2.jpg

I can't find a map that really shows the true picture, but it's clear that the a map adjusted for local cost of living would be markedly different from the map showing % of population below the federal poverty level.

Last edited:
So who's source is more reputable and reliable, my source or yours?

Mine is. because your source doesn't claim he didn't say it. And what we do know is that after the PDB, he took no action to enhance security.

No. The only increase he took on the working was SS contributions and Medicare, because simple numbers would prove the programs to be broke in a matter of years. But that had nothing to do with lower tax rates for anybody. SS and Medicare were pretty much self-funded through payroll tax. There was no shift because a decrease in income tax revenue had nothing to do with social programs.

Yes, the fact he increased Social Security taxes from 1% to 6% was kind of a big deal, but so was the fact he eliminated a lot of middle class tax deductions.

The President can submit anything he wants, but that doesn't mean the House has to approve of it. Trump submitted several bills to the commies, and they didn't approve of it at all.

You can't face facts that it's the House--not the President that spends the money in our budget.

Yawn... Reagan had a congress willing to go along with anything he proposed, and they did. They slathered money on the military and cut taxes for the rich, and low and behold, the deficit tripled in 8 years.

You can't put enough emphasis on that. The entire national debt for the first 204 yeas the US was a thing, was less than a Trillion Dollars. Debt to GDP ration was 31% in 1980. When Ronald Reagan left, it was 51%. When Bush-41 left, it was 64%. Clinton got it down to 55% but When baby Bush left, it was 82%. Today, thanks to Trump, it is at 136%!

And you can see why. Once you get into the Supply Side Fairy Dust of not having to pay your debts, people actually expect MORE government. Look at all the cools stuff we get and no one has to pay for it.

OCD Joe thinks he knows more than doctors. You know how these commies think. They believe they know more than anybody else. I had to go on disability, and because of his severe mental disorders he refuses to have addressed, he loses sleep over it every night. I was put out of work in November 2019. It's now 2021, and this mental midget has brought it up nearly every exchange of ours since. So you know you're dealing with somebody severely Fd up in the head.

No, you didn't have to go on disability. You just decided that you'd rather collect $1400 a month on disability than work for maybe $1500 a month.

Probably the same mentality your HUD neighbors have when they turn down work because it will cut into their benefits.

Let me point out that this map is very deceptive. It uses the federal poverty level as the basis. As you can surmise, the cost of living varies significantly by state - $100 goes a lot further in West Virginia than it does in San Francisco, probably at least twice as far...

Yeah, but who the fuck would want to live in West Virginia?

Let me point out that this map is very deceptive. It uses the federal poverty level as the basis. As you can surmise, the cost of living varies significantly by state - $100 goes a lot further in West Virginia than it does in San Francisco, probably at least twice as far...

Yeah, but who the fuck would want to live in West Virginia?
It was just an example, but since you mentioned it... You would pick San Francisco over West Virginia?

Last edited:
No, you didn't have to go on disability. You just decided that you'd rather collect $1400 a month on disability than work for maybe $1500 a month.

Probably the same mentality your HUD neighbors have when they turn down work because it will cut into their benefits.

Just keep showing your mental disadvantages Joe. Where do you come up with this $1,400 a month? You are so Fd up in the head you can't even distinguish between disability and the stimulus check. You are on your way to becoming just like Dementia, and probably worse by the time you reach his age.

Last edited:
Mine is. because your source doesn't claim he didn't say it. And what we do know is that after the PDB, he took no action to enhance security.

My source explains what he knew and didn't know at the time. It's CBS, one of your very own, and way more credible than your source.

Yes, the fact he increased Social Security taxes from 1% to 6% was kind of a big deal, but so was the fact he eliminated a lot of middle class tax deductions.

But it had nothing to do with decreasing taxes on our corporations and businesses. There was no way to take from one and give to the other.

Yawn... Reagan had a congress willing to go along with anything he proposed, and they did. They slathered money on the military and cut taxes for the rich, and low and behold, the deficit tripled in 8 years.

You can't put enough emphasis on that. The entire national debt for the first 204 yeas the US was a thing, was less than a Trillion Dollars. Debt to GDP ration was 31% in 1980. When Ronald Reagan left, it was 51%. When Bush-41 left, it was 64%. Clinton got it down to 55% but When baby Bush left, it was 82%. Today, thanks to Trump, it is at 136%!

And you can see why. Once you get into the Supply Side Fairy Dust of not having to pay your debts, people actually expect MORE government. Look at all the cools stuff we get and no one has to pay for it.

All irrelevant. All appropriation bills originate in the House. The House was Democrat led half of Trump's term. It was Republican led during most of Clinton's two terms. It was Republican led during most of DumBama's two terms which is why deficit spending went down.

I like to watch HGTV when global warming goes away and I can't work outside. It's amazing the difference in house prices in real America compared to those commie cities and states. I was watching reruns of the show My Lottery Dream Home yesterday. One episode was a family who lived in Montana. For 600K, he was showing them homes that looked like ski lodges. 600K in a commie city, you get a 2 bedroom house about 1,200 sq ft and a postage stamp backyard on a busy street.

My cousin moved to Commeifornia after she got married. She ended up in a divorce and continued to raise her 2 daughters there that are now adults. She wants to move back to Ohio. Last time I seen her was when she came to town about 5 years ago when we had a family party. We got to talking about rental property since I'm a landlord and her father and mine are both landlords. She said to make ends meet after her divorce, she rented out her in-law suite. It was a very small bedroom/ bathroom/ kitchenette setup. She was renting it out for $1,.200 a month. She not only got a tenant immediately, but had a line of people wanting the tiny place. I charged less than half of that for my units, and they are all 2 bedrooms with a large parking lot, and a beautiful large backyard with a fireplace.

I like to watch HGTV when global warming goes away and I can't work outside. It's amazing the difference in house prices in real America compared to those commie cities and states. I was watching reruns of the show My Lottery Dream Home yesterday. One episode was a family who lived in Montana. For 600K, he was showing them homes that looked like ski lodges. 600K in a commie city, you get a 2 bedroom house about 1,200 sq ft and a postage stamp backyard on a busy street.

My cousin moved to Commeifornia after she got married. She ended up in a divorce and continued to raise her 2 daughters there that are now adults. She wants to move back to Ohio. Last time I seen her was when she came to town about 5 years ago when we had a family party. We got to talking about rental property since I'm a landlord and her father and mine are both landlords. She said to make ends meet after her divorce, she rented out her in-law suite. It was a very small bedroom/ bathroom/ kitchenette setup. She was renting it out for $1,.200 a month. She not only got a tenant immediately, but had a line of people wanting the tiny place. I charged less than half of that for my units, and they are all 2 bedrooms with a large parking lot, and a beautiful large backyard with a fireplace.
Yep. The taxes alone will kill you.

In Chicago, property taxes on a $300k home are over $6k ($500 per month). That will really eat away at one's ability to save money and create wealth.

Where I live (a red county with great schools and low crime), property taxes on a $300k home are about $1400/year ($100/month).

Plus our sales tax and income tax is lower too. And for $300k, you can get a decent-sized house on an acre lot in the suburbs. Much more in rural areas.

All that, and there are also highly-paying jobs here, and very little traffic. The quality of life is so much better in red counties compared to Dem cities for me. But to each, their own. You couldn't pay me enough to live in a city.

Just keep showing your mental disadvantages Joe. Where do you come up with this $1,400 a month? You are so Fd up in the head you can't even distinguish between disability and the stimulus check. You are on your way to becoming just like Dementia, and probably worse by the time you reach his age.

Actually, I went by Social Security's own calculator. If you made 47-60K as a truck driver (the average for truck drivers in Ohio) then the number is actually 1664 month... Whoops. That's still pretty pathetic.

That's like 20K a year.

My source explains what he knew and didn't know at the time. It's CBS, one of your very own, and way more credible than your source.

It can explain all it wants, the fact he said, "you covered your ass" is documented. So is his lack of action.

But it had nothing to do with decreasing taxes on our corporations and businesses. There was no way to take from one and give to the other.

Sure there was, and that's exactly what he did.

All irrelevant. All appropriation bills originate in the House. The House was Democrat led half of Trump's term. It was Republican led during most of Clinton's two terms. It was Republican led during most of DumBama's two terms which is why deficit spending went down.

Actually, it went down because Obama finally let the Bush Tax Giveaways expire and he saved the economy. Not that you would ever give the black guy credit.

It can explain all it wants, the fact he said, "you covered your ass" is documented. So is his lack of action.

How do you take action on a plan that you don't know about? Nobody could have even dreamed that terrorists were going to hijack planes and use them to take down something like the WTC. It doesn't matter what he said.

Sure there was, and that's exactly what he did.

One had nothing to do with the other. INCOME TAXES were lowered for our job creators to aid in creating more jobs. He didn't take money from SS or Medicare to cover for it. He increased those programs because their funds were eventually going to run out of money as life expectancy kept increasing.

Actually, it went down because Obama finally let the Bush Tax Giveaways expire and he saved the economy. Not that you would ever give the black guy credit.

No, it went down because the Republicans kept fighting with Hussein to spend less money. Those battles led to the sequester, the government shutdown, losing our three star credit rating for the first time in our history. All because of the fighting between Republicans wanting to spend less and Democrats spending more.

I am white. If privilege applied to me because of my skin color, I would be earning a high 5 figure income with a degree from a college of my choosing on the back of a full-ride scholarship. My privilege would have shielded me from some of the dumbest decisions I ever made in my life. I wouldn't be here dedicating almost 80% of mine and my grandmother's monthly income to bills and survival. We don't enjoy any privilege because of our skin color. Being white never made our lives any easier.

We are a lower-middle-class family who barely has enough money to make ends meet. If there was a privilege, we never knew about it. I am sure the billions of white people who existed in the world before me and throughout history who suffered from poverty, famines, genocide, murder, cruel dictatorships... would have loved to have known about the privilege their skin color supposedly imbued them with. Maybe it would have spared their lives and shielded them from unnecessary suffering. White privilege is hogwash. It reeks of jealousy and has no basis in reality.

My white privilege does not exist.

Odd:
  • I see now that being a woman is being celebrated and cool
  • the Blacks have a proud culture
  • the media lets you know it is good to be young and alive
  • the American Indian is a noble figure
  • the Asian wise and scholarly. He probably runs a high tech firm.
  • the Puerto Rican are coming up
  • the illegal alien stomps his foot
  • the Europeans are out there
  • we give shrift to the gay, lesbian, jew, tranny and bi
  • but mention a white person or say anything mildly pro
  • and it is just like you've committed a sin and should die.

Actually, I went by Social Security's own calculator. If you made 47-60K as a truck driver (the average for truck drivers in Ohio) then the number is actually 1664 month... Whoops. That's still pretty pathetic.

That's like 20K a year.

Better find a better calculator.

Disability doesn't pay great. What you get for disability is what you would get from SS if you retired at full retirement age today which would be 67 years old for me. Basically I retired a few years early. They also told me that when I do reach retirement age, I won't notice any difference. It's all internal. I'll just be on SS like everybody else instead of disability.

Furthermore I still have my rental income to also rely on. My IRA is there as a backup in case I need it, but I'm trying to avoid using it until I can't work around here as a landlord and have to sell the place. Hopefully that won't be for a long time. I enjoy what I do. In any case, Commie Care has no plans for my health provider which is the Cleveland Clinic. I'm not about to switch providers because of that. In 15 months, I also get to go on Medicare. Medicare pays the most and costs the least. After that, and as long as nothing else goes wrong, I'll be doing just dandy.

Forum List

Back