My Thoughts On Men... am I right?

#5 doesn't work with me. If they don't call the next morning, or even after we part, they are done.

They need to like me so much they can't help themselves. It has to go both ways, it won't seem desperate if I'm as crazy about them as they are about me.
Wow, you have a hair trigger. You want someone that's either desperate or phony. Calling the next morning is a bit needy. Or he's applying as much sugar as he can to get laid.

I agree 100%

Because either the guy is laying it on thick to get the drawls or he'll call and give that attention and you'll think he's a sucker with no options. Also, if you dismiss a guy for not calling the next day you didnt really like him in the first place

What if they SAY they will call the next day? Sorry but if I meet a guy and feel like we click, and I can't wait to talk to him, I expect him to feel the same way, and act on it. I also don't want a guy that will not live up to his word. That starts day 1

#5 doesn't work with me. If they don't call the next morning, or even after we part, they are done.

They need to like me so much they can't help themselves. It has to go both ways, it won't seem desperate if I'm as crazy about them as they are about me.
Wow, you have a hair trigger. You want someone that's either desperate or phony. Calling the next morning is a bit needy. Or he's applying as much sugar as he can to get laid.

I agree 100%

Because either the guy is laying it on thick to get the drawls or he'll call and give that attention and you'll think he's a sucker with no options. Also, if you dismiss a guy for not calling the next day you didnt really like him in the first place

What if they SAY they will call the next day? Sorry but if I meet a guy and feel like we click, and I can't wait to talk to him, I expect him to feel the same way, and act on it. I also don't want a guy that will not live up to his word. That starts day 1

If you feel that way why wont you call?

See? Its all a game

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

I would call! Or text! Depends on how we left off - it's not a game, it's getting to know each other. If I texted or called him, and he didn't answer or respond right away (say, 10 minutes), I would write him off most likely. If you are nutty for someone, it will (should) be mutual. If not, time to move on. Fortunately, I'm married and don't have to worry about this stuff anymore.... but I pretty much know what I want and what I will and won't tolerate.

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

I would call! Or text! Depends on how we left off - it's not a game, it's getting to know each other. If I texted or called him, and he didn't answer or respond right away (say, 10 minutes), I would write him off most likely. If you are nutty for someone, it will (should) be mutual. If not, time to move on. Fortunately, I'm married and don't have to worry about this stuff anymore.... but I pretty much know what I want and what I will and won't tolerate.

With all due respect, Bonzi, you would have scared me away. I would have seen the word "needy" in neon on your forehead. Only guys who are hard up can get past that impression.

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

With all due respect, Bonzi, you would have scared me away. I would have seen the word "needy" in neon on your forehead. Only guys who are hard up can get past that impression.

Awww... too bad ... I just love that initial rush of infatuation and sexual chemistry! What can I say??? :)
It's funny you say that too cause my husband says I am not jealous enough and too distant! Irony!

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

Awww... too bad ... I just love that initial rush of infatuation and sexual chemistry! What can I say??? :)
It's funny you say that too cause my husband says I am not jealous enough and too distant! Irony!

Yeah, I'd be out too and chalk it up to being needy too. But its interesting that you said that because you already have a husband and it sounds like he's ignored. Because women are more concerned with getting married than what it takes to stay married in a lot of cases.

Not saying you per se but....

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

When I was 27, I experienced "love at first sight". It wasn't just sexual, either. It was total obsession on both of our parts. It only happened to me once in my life, thank god. Unfortunately, it happen to her all the time. Yes, we got married.....with predictable results. It was the most disastrous 3 years of my entire life.

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

---
---
At your age, you expect a potential partner to respond to a text within 10 min?
What if he's at work in a meeting?
Or in a movie theatre & turned off his phone?
If you are really interested in him, got good vibes before, you have to be more patient with men, like you expect them to be with you.

See? Its all a game

When I was 27, I experienced "love at first sight". It wasn't just sexual, either. It was total obsession on both of our parts. It only happened to me once in my life, thank god. Unfortunately, it happen to her all the time. Yes, we got married.....with predictable results. It was the most disastrous 3 years of my entire life.

How long ago was that Vandle? Did you have any kids?

See? Its all a game

Several decades ago. No, there were no kids.

She was one sick puppy. I pity the poor guys that came after me...except the married ones.

I agree 100%

See? Its all a game

---
---
At your age, you expect a potential partner to respond to a text within 10 min?
What if he's at work in a meeting?
Or in a movie theatre & turned off his phone?
If you are really interested in him, got good vibes before, you have to be more patient with men, like you expect them to be with you.

True, I'm probably exaggerating a little. I guess I'm just trying to convey that you should both be a little crazy for each other - everyone is different, and there is no "one formula" for success.

Mostly, I just want a guy to think I'm desirable and equally interesting!

(1) They think about sex most of the time
(2) They are not interested in what you like unless it's something they like
(3) They will lose respect for you very easily if you are too "fast" but will think you are a tease if too "slow"
(4) They want you to be sweet and polite in public; but the opposite in bed
(5) Most important! IF THE DON'T CALL, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED!

Mostly right
False
False
All the way True
Mostly correct but you cant seem too desperate either

Okay so for the falses:

What kind of woman interests you? Personality/interests?
What makes you respect/disrespect a woman?

A woman that can think for herself and loves being herself.

What make me respect a woman is her ability to speak her mind and never backing down from what she believe in.

What would make me lose all respect is if she is two face and says one thing and does another...

I think about sex probably as much as you do.

I treat a woman with respect in bed and outside bed, and was taught to never show them disrespect or treated them like a lady of the night.

If a guy does not call then he was never worth it and is just a punk.

I have never went with a fast and easy woman because if I wanted that I would just pay for a lady of the night and save myself the time of pretending I am interested in that easy one.

Just my opinion...

(3) They will lose respect for you very easily if you are too "fast" but will think you are a tease if too "slow"
(5) Most important! IF THE DON'T CALL, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED!

Mostly right
False
False
All the way True
Mostly correct but you cant seem too desperate either

Okay so for the falses:

What kind of woman interests you? Personality/interests?
What makes you respect/disrespect a woman?

A woman that can think for herself and loves being herself.

What make me respect a woman is her ability to speak her mind and never backing down from what she believe in.

What would make me lose all respect is if she is two face and says one thing and does another...

I think about sex probably as much as you do.

I treat a woman with respect in bed and outside bed, and was taught to never show them disrespect or treated them like a lady of the night.

If a guy does not call then he was never worth it and is just a punk.

I have never went with a fast and easy woman because if I wanted that I would just pay for a lady of the night and save myself the time of pretending I am interested in that easy one.

Just my opinion...

If you weren't from the bowels of hell and I wasn't married, I might be in love.....

She was one sick puppy. I pity the poor guys that came after me...except the married ones.

Are you married now? If not, did you have a successful marriage? What was the "difference"?

Are you married now? If not, did you have a successful marriage? What was the "difference"?

Not married. Never want to be married again. In fact, in this retirement community, I see an awful lot of people who are married just out of habit, and are clearly not happy. Even they often don't realize it. I sincerely enjoy my own company. I am mostly a pretty easy going guy, and I never again want to come home, find an angry face meeting me, and have to spend the evening trying to figure out why.

That is about all the specifics i want to offer about myself on a public board.

I feel you on that....Thanks Vandal, too many guys know all about that angry face and trying to figure it out is way too exhausting at times. So I dont....lol.

But thats also a double edged sword

Not married. Never want to be married again. In fact, in this retirement community, I see an awful lot of people who are married just out of habit, and are clearly not happy. Even they often don't realize it. I sincerely enjoy my own company. I am mostly a pretty easy going guy, and I never again want to come home, find an angry face meeting me, and have to spend the evening trying to figure out why.

I want to say thank you and I appreciate your transparency Vandle... I'm being most sincere.
I agree with you. If my marriage ever dissolves, this is one and done for me too....

B.

(5) Most important! IF THEY DON'T CALL, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED!

1) not all of the time- sometimes we think about food.
2) Why would I not be interested in what my wife, friend etc likes?
3) I never lost a bit of respect for any woman who wanted to have sex with me.
4) The two are unrelated really. Sweet and polite all of the time can be boring, and why would I want anyone to be mean or rude in bed?
I want to be with a woman who loves to have sex with me, and when we are not having sex, laughs at my jokes.
5) If they don't call-they are either a) not interested or b) shy or c) lost your phone number or d) convinced you are not interested. Wait a day or two and drop him a text or a call- if he doesn't respond- then he is either not interested or WAAAAAY too shy.

Real Men dont give a dam what other people think "real men" should do. If a girl fucks me on the first night thats because I'm so fucking awesome she couldnt resist. Dudes put themselves down when they believe that sex on the first date was because the girl was a hoe and not because they are just smooth players

Any man who would engage in any sexual act on a first date us themselves a WHORE of epic proportions. Your mentality is rampant in American society today and part of why we are so fucked up.

Your attitude is why you are fucked up.

False on number 3. That is sooooo 1950's......

I'll give you that - so what keeps a guy interested then?
I have found that it varies, and, if a guy sticks around, it can be for a variety of reasons.
If he really is interested or cares, though, you only have to see how much attention he is paying when you talk.

Every guy is different- but don't expect a guy to be interested in your interests like a female friend would be- guys in general tend not to pick up on stuff that women seem to pick up on.

What keeps a guy interested? Well sex naturally can be it. I don't know any guy who doesn't appreciate a woman who not only likes sex but adores his man junk. Guys are both simpler and more complicated when it comes to sex- simple because its obvious if we are turned on. And most of us are easily turned on by visuals, but for me- and I assume most men- there is a more complicated side that wants a woman to use her brain to turn me on.

For instance- having my lover pick me up at the airport in nothing but heels and a trenchcoat is not a simple visual stimulus- the turn on is from
  • Her knowing that it would turn me on- and making it happen
  • a hint of risk
  • Me thinking about what is under the trench coat- without seeing it.
Don't wear sweats to bed.

Forum List

Back