My Thoughts On Men... am I right?

(1) They think about sex most of the time
(2) They are not interested in what you like unless it's something they like
(3) They will lose respect for you very easily if you are too "fast" but will think you are a tease if too "slow"
(4) They want you to be sweet and polite in public; but the opposite in bed
(5) Most important! IF THEY DON'T CALL, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED!

1) not all of the time- sometimes we think about food.
2) Why would I not be interested in what my wife, friend etc likes?
3) I never lost a bit of respect for any woman who wanted to have sex with me.
4) The two are unrelated really. Sweet and polite all of the time can be boring, and why would I want anyone to be mean or rude in bed?
I want to be with a woman who loves to have sex with me, and when we are not having sex, laughs at my jokes.
5) If they don't call-they are either a) not interested or b) shy or c) lost your phone number or d) convinced you are not interested. Wait a day or two and drop him a text or a call- if he doesn't respond- then he is either not interested or WAAAAAY too shy.
S

So you basically disagree with everything I said (except possibly #1).....

As for #2, I think most people (male or female) are boring. You know why?
Because no one is REALLY REAL.

(3) They will lose respect for you very easily if you are too "fast" but will think you are a tease if too "slow"

4) The two are unrelated really. Sweet and polite all of the time can be boring, and why would I want anyone to be mean or rude in bed?
I want to be with a woman who loves to have sex with me, and when we are not having sex, laughs at my jokes.
5) If they don't call-they are either a) not interested or b) shy or c) lost your phone number or d) convinced you are not interested. Wait a day or two and drop him a text or a call- if he doesn't respond- then he is either not interested or WAAAAAY too shy.
S

My dad is one of the most interesting people I know.

You know why?

Because he is fascinated by almost everyone- and no one bores him.

If you are in a relationship where no one is being REALLY REAL and you want REALLY REAL- then you are in the wrong relationship.

Or- you can see if you can make it REALLY REAL

False on number 3. That is sooooo 1950's......

I'll give you that - so what keeps a guy interested then?
I have found that it varies, and, if a guy sticks around, it can be for a variety of reasons.
If he really is interested or cares, though, you only have to see how much attention he is paying when you talk.

Every guy is different- but don't expect a guy to be interested in your interests like a female friend would be- guys in general tend not to pick up on stuff that women seem to pick up on.

What keeps a guy interested? Well sex naturally can be it. I don't know any guy who doesn't appreciate a woman who not only likes sex but adores his man junk. Guys are both simpler and more complicated when it comes to sex- simple because its obvious if we are turned on. And most of us are easily turned on by visuals, but for me- and I assume most men- there is a more complicated side that wants a woman to use her brain to turn me on.

For instance- having my lover pick me up at the airport in nothing but heels and a trenchcoat is not a simple visual stimulus- the turn on is from
  • Her knowing that it would turn me on- and making it happen
  • a hint of risk
  • Me thinking about what is under the trench coat- without seeing it.
Don't wear sweats to bed.

That would be awesome if it was all about you.... here's what women want:

A man that is turned on by her being in sweats.
Not having to "do things" to stroke his ego

I have zero expectations from men; I'm never disappointed.

S

You know why?

If you are in a relationship where no one is being REALLY REAL and you want REALLY REAL- then you are in the wrong relationship.

People here are not even "really real" - I think people are fascinating if they actually SAY something.
Not prattle on with moronic generalizations; or show their ass... as is wont to do (not just here, everywhere).

A walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.....

S

I am extremely interested in my girl friend's dysfunctional family problems (they live 4 states away, and I have never met them). I am usually so interested, that I get up and fix myself a drink, because I want to be really comfortable while I hear all the details.

I have found that it varies, and, if a guy sticks around, it can be for a variety of reasons.
If he really is interested or cares, though, you only have to see how much attention he is paying when you talk.

Every guy is different- but don't expect a guy to be interested in your interests like a female friend would be- guys in general tend not to pick up on stuff that women seem to pick up on.

What keeps a guy interested? Well sex naturally can be it. I don't know any guy who doesn't appreciate a woman who not only likes sex but adores his man junk. Guys are both simpler and more complicated when it comes to sex- simple because its obvious if we are turned on. And most of us are easily turned on by visuals, but for me- and I assume most men- there is a more complicated side that wants a woman to use her brain to turn me on.

For instance- having my lover pick me up at the airport in nothing but heels and a trenchcoat is not a simple visual stimulus- the turn on is from
  • a hint of risk

You asked me what keeps a guy interested- and wearing sweats to bed is the opposite of that.

You don't have to stroke a man's 'ego' but knowing what turns him on will help keep him interested.

Just my perspective

I am extremely interested in my girl friend's dysfunctional family problems (they live 4 states away, and I have never met them). I am usually so interested, that I get up and fix myself a drink, because I want to be really comfortable while I hear all the details.

I am totally in love with this post!!! Thank you!!! :)

• a hint of risk

You asked me what keeps a guy interested- and wearing sweats to bed is the opposite of that.

You don't have to stroke a man's 'ego' but knowing what turns him on will help keep him interested.

Just my perspective

Ditto for women. Of course, I hate when a guys asks what I like, so, I think I'm just impossible to please :)

S

You know why?

People here are not even "really real" - I think people are fascinating if they actually SAY something.
Not prattle on with moronic generalizations; or show their ass... as is wont to do (not just here, everywhere).

A walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.....

This thread is more honest than most- but why would you expect people here to be 'real'- we are anonymous and half the people here are just waiting to you or I for saying the wrong thing?

Its not easy being 'REAL"- not even easy to define. But like everything- you can't change others- you can work to change yourself- and you can choose who you decide to spend time with.

Not all men are created equal.

Oh.....and I don't think about sex most of the time...........video games.

How old are you? What kind of video games? What about cigarettes?

This thread is more honest than most- but why would you expect people here to be 'real'- we are anonymous and half the people here are just waiting to you or I for saying the wrong thing?

Its not easy being 'REAL"- not even easy to define. But like everything- you can't change others- you can work to change yourself- and you can choose who you decide to spend time with.

All the more reason to be real!
If we are anonymous, what do we have to lose??? It's hard enough have to "fake it" through real life, to me, this gives me a freedom I don't have in the real world...

If people choose to be "afraid" of me or ignore me I have lost nothing!

The people afraid to be "real" here are the one's who believe this IS "real life". They are vested and afraid to "lose" whatever it is they have here (their self worth? acceptance?) - is this really much different interaction-wise than "real life"? Maybe there is an invisible line people just never will cross... ?

Being really real is so rare that when someone is really real they are shouted down to try to get them to be one of the pod people.

But a funny thing happens when you don't conform, people either Avoid you or they respect you. It's a win win because you don't need those fakers around anyway

Being really real is so rare that when someone is really real they are shouted down to try to get them to be one of the pod people.

But a funny thing happens when you don't conform, people either Avoid you or they respect you. It's a win win because you don't need those fakers around anyway

This happened to me on another board. Here there is an equal "division" and, interestingly enough, it's like a small town vs. city comparison.

The other board is very small, and very "like minded" - nice people, but, if you don't "fit it" it gets ugly, fast (and by fit in, I mean think like they do politically and in other ways also).

Here, not so much because this is more like a "city" - you have enough differences you don't feel "ganged up" on, but it's a shame you have to deal with any of that. Life is amazing and interesting, people can tell you things that will enlighten and fascinate you. It makes me sad and depressed to see close mindedness, and more so that it is becoming more and more common.....

blah blah... I am typing way more than I normally do! Boring!!!

since we are (I think?) being honest... I think about mostly drinking and waiting for time where I can be alone.
my life is a waiting game....

Forum List

Back