My take on Rush Limbaugh - and one of the reasons I am like I am, politically- YMMV

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I used to listen to Rush everyday I could- he was intelligent and motivational- but, as I grew, intellectually (because I listened to him and others) I came to realize he wasn't intellectually honest- but, partisan hacks rarely are- and he was that.

Oh, he'd throw a bone, once in a while, but he maintained his course- sadly it cost him at least one listener- others I listened to (which I won't mention here because this isn't about them) made me think- I know that's a strange concept for the Publicly Educated- but, some of us do- why, what, made me think? Every show I listened to would ask the same thing of the host; "What can we do?"-

It dawned on me, it's not "what can we do"?, but, what can "I" do? Why? Because nothing happens without Individual effort- "I" is the first letter in Individual (and Independent, btw) - in the course of my thinking it occurred to me that History (and nearly everything else)- focuses on an Individual- groups fail and change names and directions because of- an Individual- the Individual (all of them/us) remain constant- truth is constant, knowledge evolves- "I" choose to sow seeds of Liberty- I disavow partisan politics as they are nothing but a personality show that means little in the scheme of things, but have great impact on everyone because very few listen and/or think-

For that beginning of my thinking- I thank him-

• Banned
I never have yet you decided to continue to support liars on the air and on TV I dropped them all and stopped TV subscription.
I don't have a TV subscription, stupid- and I don't listen to radio, stupid- yet, I manage to think for myself and don't use talking points-

I didn't like how he would come on with one idea and grind on it until it just got ridiculous.

I used to listen to Rush everyday I could- he was intelligent and motivational- but, as I grew, intellectually (because I listened to him and others) I came to realize he wasn't intellectually honest- but, partisan hacks rarely are- and he was that.

Oh, he'd throw a bone, once in a while, but he maintained his course- sadly it cost him at least one listener- others I listened to (which I won't mention here because this isn't about them) made me think- I know that's a strange concept for the Publicly Educated- but, some of us do- why, what, made me think? Every show I listened to would ask the same thing of the host; "What can we do?"-

It dawned on me, it's not "what can we do"?, but, what can "I" do? Why? Because nothing happens without Individual effort- "I" is the first letter in Individual (and Independent, btw) - in the course of my thinking it occurred to me that History (and nearly everything else)- focuses on an Individual- groups fail and change names and directions because of- an Individual- the Individual (all of them/us) remain constant- truth is constant, knowledge evolves- "I" choose to sow seeds of Liberty- I disavow partisan politics as they are nothing but a personality show that means little in the scheme of things, but have great impact on everyone because very few listen and/or think-

Rush moved his intellectual goalposts to fly cover for the Bushes....Something I found absolutely despicable.

Other than that, his show could be informative and pretty damned funny when he put effort into going that direction...He certainly took the monotony out of more than a few cross-country drives.

I never have yet you decided to continue to support liars on the air and on TV I dropped them all and stopped TV subscription.
I don't have a TV subscription, stupid- and I don't listen to radio, stupid- yet, I manage to think for myself and don't use talking points-
Yes, but what’s the quality of your thinking? Not high, from what I’ve seen.

When you get to the point where you don’t knee-jerk hate everything that any Democrats say or do, that’s when you will grow, intellectually.

Rush moved his intellectual goalposts to fly cover for the Bushes....Something I found absolutely despicable.

Other than that, his show could be informative and pretty damned funny when he put effort into going that direction...He certainly took the monotony out of more than a few cross-country drives.
He did it for Trump, too. And so did the self-hating Jew, Mark LE-vin. Both of them, especially LE-vin, were Raphael Cruz supporters. LE-vin, during the early primaries, was very anti-Trump and said many disparaging and nasty comments about him. Until it was clear that Trump was going to win the GQP nomination. Then it was dick-sucking time, BIGLY!

Back in the early 90's when I was stationed with VFA-131, our Chief absolutely loved Rush, and when his show came on, the Chief tuned in the office radio to him. And, while on occasion, he did make some decent points, most of the time he was a partisan demagogue and lied A LOT. When the Chief finally transferred a year later, I took an office vote, and we never listened to Rush again, instead choosing to listen to rock and roll.

Back in the early 90's when I was stationed with VFA-131, our Chief absolutely loved Rush, and when his show came on, the Chief tuned in the office radio to him. And, while on occasion, he did make some decent points, most of the time he was a partisan demagogue and lied A LOT. When the Chief finally transferred a year later, I took an office vote, and we never listened to Rush again, instead choosing to listen to rock and roll.

A LOT of Lies?

That is very telling.

Of course to know that a LIE is a "lie" and not simply an error, you would have to not only know the TRUTH. . . you would also have to know that (in this case, Rush) actually intended to deceive.

Also, a LOT is a large number.

Were you exaggerating?

I digress. You said a "LOT" so I will take you at your word.

Please list Five examples of what you claim are instances where Rush "lied."

Just five.

I listened to Rush for the last 18 years while in my Truck working for the Army Dept.
It was something to pass the time.
I got fed up with seeing the rubbish that the New York media was dumping on us....and Rush was a safe and valuable form of entertainment.
Fox News has basically betrayed us.....while the rest of the networks screwed the pooch years ago.
Rush was a baseline for information.....and it's up to us to do research on any subject he focused on.
He didn't have the time to go into the details at times because he had a lot of material to cover every day.

Ironically though, Limblob's whole schtick was to incite feelings, not thought. He literally described his job as "to make you mad". Of course honesty isn't needed for that. The negative about that approach is that it's completely done for his own selfish interests, rather than anything having to do with accuracy or information. It's entirely for ratings. That's exactly why he was foaming at the mouth going "SLUT! SLUT! SLUT!" about Sandra Fluke --- his ratings were sagging. That makes him no more than a manipulative con artist. It always did.

Yes, but what’s the quality of your thinking? Not high, from what I’ve seen.

When you get to the point where you don’t knee-jerk hate everything that any Democrats say or do, that’s when you will grow, intellectually.
LOL- right-

Forum List

Back