My Practically New Samsung Dishwasher Stopped Working Today.....Piece Of Crap

Impact injuries? Don't wash your kids in it, people!
Yeah...it was weird.

Apparently the top and tub would separate from the body and go flying.

Nope.

We took the payout and they sent a truck to come get it.

Still have the almost new matching dryer in storage.

Not sure about dishwashers but in recent years many refrigerator brands were bought up by two giants, now all brand names are made under these two parent companies: Whirlpool and Frigidaire. If you can, I would buy from Frigidaire.

As to your Samsung, you didn't say the symptoms but shouldn't you have a warranty? If not, search the web for troubleshooting guides on how to identify the problem. You can likely buy the board (if that is the problem) and install it yourself. Most places also sell service manuals.

I eschew buying appliances with electronics, but a good thing to look into is adding a whole house surge arrester. Most use simple MOVs. The best ones use a gas discharge tube.

One other factoid: Not using your dishwasher often fucks them up. Seals dry out. If not used daily, at least run it weekly.
I run it pretty much weekly or a couple of times per week.
I would run it daily but my wife has Dementia and she takes dirty dishes and puts them back in the cupboard.
She even folds up the dirty clothes and stacks them up in corners.

It usually takes me a week to have enough dishes to run a cycle.

I called Home Depot...and they don't repair anything. I called Samsung and they said the warranty has expired....course they would have said that if I had just bought it. It hasn't been a year since I bought this one.

I paid $1400 for this dishwasher last September....and it went on the fritz this morning.
I only used it about once a week because my wife doesn't know how to use it and instead likes washing dishes by hand.

So my practically new Samsung Dishwasher that I bought from Home Depot late last year stopped working.
I opened up the door and looked at the sticker on it and it says "MADE IN THAILAND".

I think it has a chip in it and we had a storm yesterday and a power surge and it might have fried it.

My first dishwasher lasted for 20 years. I bought a Whirlpool to replace that and it wore out in 3 years.
This one didn't even last a year....and I called Samsung and Mofos say it's out of warranty. Probably was when I bought it.

View attachment 680980

View attachment 680987
When my mom's stopped working, it was the door switch. Hold the door in with your hip and see if it comes on.

Samsung? I didn't even know they made dishwashers! Why would you buy a Samsung anything, even their TVs are crap.

If you want to buy a dishwasher, I'd recommend a Kitchen Aid or an Amana.

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is 32 years old and still works like new.
According to the pros only buy TVs that start with an S

When I was younger I repaired consumer electronics. People are sometimes shocked when a brand new product fails quickly. Sometime they're bad right out of the box.

But there are loads of parts used in many appliances. It's NOT uncommon to find that a bad part was used in its manufacture. Once repaired the device usually works as expected.

I've always had good luck with Samsung electronics. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Last edited:
When I was younger I repaired consumer electronics. People are sometimes shocked when a brand new product fails quickly. Sometime they're bad right out of the box.

But there are loads of parts used in many products. It's NOT uncommon to find that a bad part was used in its manufacture. Once repaired the device usually works as expected.

I've always had good luck with Samsung electronics. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Bought high end Samsung yrs ago. All the bells and whistles. Installers had a gadget that tuned the picture. Still have a better pic than a lot of what's for sale today

Samsung appliances are crap.
Have been for a while.
Maytag is more junk....that repair tech is busy as all get out.

I paid $1400 for this dishwasher last September....and it went on the fritz this morning.
I only used it about once a week because my wife doesn't know how to use it and instead likes washing dishes by hand.

So my practically new Samsung Dishwasher that I bought from Home Depot late last year stopped working.
I opened up the door and looked at the sticker on it and it says "MADE IN THAILAND".

I think it has a chip in it and we had a storm yesterday and a power surge and it might have fried it.

My first dishwasher lasted for 20 years. I bought a Whirlpool to replace that and it wore out in 3 years.
This one didn't even last a year....and I called Samsung and Mofos say it's out of warranty. Probably was when I bought it.

View attachment 680980

View attachment 680987
Your Whirlpool unit only went for three years? Isn't that supposed to be the best kind to buy?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Kitchen aid I think is still the only ones all 100 % American made in Ohio

Bosch and Kenmore are a mix of foreign and domestic parts slapped together in the former USA

View attachment 680980

View attachment 680987

Yeah...
I installed a new dishwasher last year and couldnt believe how cheaply it was made.
I pulled the old one out and it's frame was solid as a rock,the new one relies on your cabinetry to hold it together.
It was that flimsy!!!

I think the controls are fried.
I've tried just about everything.
I'm gonna see if I can find a unit that has buttons that push in instead of touch sensitive buttons.

It took the Wife and I forever to find a large capacity top load clothes washer and front load dryer with just knobs.
I cant stand all the electronic controls on everything these days,just something more to go wrong.
The idea that I can monitor/control my fucken refridgerator online is a joke!!! Who the hell needs to do this?

View attachment 680980

View attachment 680987
sorry to hear this

Samsung is actually usually a good brand in my experience.

your wife is rather peculiar... wanting to wash dishes by hand :)

She doesn't have good eyesight now....so half of them are dirty when I pull them out of the cupboard.
lol... I'll bet she is not reading over your shoulder right now..

my grandma used to prefer washing dishes to fixing food. As a lover of good food and cooking it (but mostly eating it), I couldn't fathom that..

Forum List

Back