My plumber just left the Democratic Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet his name is joe ... isn't it?
Chris

AmoNWaMCEAEbs6h.jpg
:auiqs.jpg:
He does sign while he works....

autographs? <snicker>

So my plumber is a great guy. Runs a small business with nine employees. He is in his late 30s. He and I frequently discuss politics and he is always riding me to lean more left. He believes that we should all have UH. To him Bill Gates should not receive better healthcare than Bill Smith a 60-year old farmer in Louisiana for example. He believes that we should have higher taxes, fewer loopholes and is glad to pay more to pay it forward. He especially believes we should open more trade schools in urban areas and teach more trades. Mind you he was never a leftist but a true Democrat.

Until today. So last night he was on a major job. He doesn't leave until it is done and that was around 3AM. Mind you het gets up at 6AM daily to go to work. So he is on little sleep and he calls me outraged. He got into his car and doesn't recall what channel it was but it was some Democrat discussing white privilege. Boom. He said he is now officially an Independent. Not a DJT guy but will now listen to more of his message. Believes the Democratic Party abandoned him.

It is interesting because he is a voter that the Democratic Party should go after and I doubt he is the only one they are losing due to their rhetoric.

I welcome your thoughts....

This is the story of Trump's support, in a nutshell. They're not Reagan Republicans, they're not the religious right, they're not Tea Party patriots. The people who pushed Trump from sideshow freak to leader of the Republican Party were disillusioned, working class whites. Thirty years ago, these people were solidly Democrat.

And before the usual excuses are lined up, it's not because they're not getting enough "free shit".

autographs? <snicker>
DAMMIT! Sing! Killed that joke

i am an outstanding singer.
:icon_sjung:
You’re a terrible debater. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

<pfffft>

i'll take that with all the CONsideration it deserves, zoggy. but i will say this:

i always have back up when i debate. with credible facts from unbiased sources. something i rarely, if ever have seen from you & others like you.

:p

So my plumber is a great guy. Runs a small business with nine employees. He is in his late 30s. He and I frequently discuss politics and he is always riding me to lean more left. He believes that we should all have UH. To him Bill Gates should not receive better healthcare than Bill Smith a 60-year old farmer in Louisiana for example. He believes that we should have higher taxes, fewer loopholes and is glad to pay more to pay it forward. He especially believes we should open more trade schools in urban areas and teach more trades. Mind you he was never a leftist but a true Democrat.

Until today. So last night he was on a major job. He doesn't leave until it is done and that was around 3AM. Mind you het gets up at 6AM daily to go to work. So he is on little sleep and he calls me outraged. He got into his car and doesn't recall what channel it was but it was some Democrat discussing white privilege. Boom. He said he is now officially an Independent. Not a DJT guy but will now listen to more of his message. Believes the Democratic Party abandoned him.

It is interesting because he is a voter that the Democratic Party should go after and I doubt he is the only one they are losing due to their rhetoric.

This is the story of Trump's support, in a nutshell. They're not Reagan Republicans, they're not the religious right, they're not Tea Party patriots. The people who pushed Trump from sideshow freak to leader of the Republican Party were disillusioned, working class whites. Thirty years ago, these people were solidly Democrat.

And before the usual excuses are lined up, it's not because they're not getting enough "free shit".

unfortunately, a lot of those who voted for trump only knew him from a fake TV 'reality' show. they though that what they were getting was 'the real thing', but actually got a gold plated conman who's outa his fucking mind.

Many suburban whites defected from the Republicans to the Democrats which is why Trump lost reelection and why the Republicans lost the House in 2018 and the Senate in 2020

That completely ignores 2016, when Democrats lost to the worst candidate in modern history. And even after four years of the Trump crazy train, they just barely won in 2020. I guess you're just making that point that this kind of electoral drift goes both ways, which is true enough. But losing working class whites was a major shift for Democrats, and it's created a more bitterly divided nation.

unfortunately, a lot of those who voted for trump only knew him from a fake TV 'reality' show. they though that what they were getting was 'the real thing', but actually got a gold plated conman who's outa his fucking mind.

I agree. But most of them voted for him again, in 2020, after four years of his leadership. This runs deeper than "some people are crazy and stupid".

He isn't a Trump guy. He voted for HRC and Biden...but now he feels betrayed. What can I tell you?

autographs? <snicker>
DAMMIT! Sing! Killed that joke

i am an outstanding singer.
:icon_sjung:
You’re a terrible debater. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

<pfffft>

i'll take that with all the CONsideration it deserves, zoggy. but i will say this:

i always have back up when i debate. with credible facts from unbiased sources. something i rarely, if ever have seen from you & others like you.

:p
Bullshit. You said Melania was immoral for posing nude and then you defend those who kill unborn babies as being moral. There is no link here or facts just your hypocrisy. You say my body my choice an then judge Melania but don't judge those who kill unborn babies. Come on man.

I knew Trump outside the gameshow...but yes most voted for him based on his rhetoric and debates performances.

I agree. But most of them voted for him again, in 2020, after four years of his leadership. This runs deeper than "some people are crazy and stupid".
They liked his policies and how the economy gelled. I did too.

the koolaid was extra tasty to them. i kinda had pity for the dupes in 2016 - but, ya... after the past 4 years, despite every bit of shit show cray cray donny has thrown at this country- those that still supported & voted for him a 2nd time i have written off as un-redeemable.

I knew Trump outside the gameshow...but yes most voted for him based on his rhetoric and debates performances.

:heehee:

You said Melania was immoral for posing nude and then you defend those who kill unborn babies as being moral.

that's a lie. i never used the word 'immoral' to describe melania nor used the word 'moral' re: abortion.

what i did do - was describe what she had done in the past. FACTUAL things. all which i can back up. see how that works?

lying is the #1 no no in a debate. i never lie. you just did TWICE.

deflection would/should be #2 in that list of poor debating skills. just like you did by throwing in the kitchen sink on that MASKLESS in MA thread, you are trying to deflect yet again - - - right here.

that would be a big FAIL on yer part, zoggy. guess we all have our weakness'.

You said Melania was immoral for posing nude and then you defend those who kill unborn babies as being moral.

that's a lie. i never used the word 'immoral' to describe melania nor used the word 'moral' re: abortion.

what i did do - was describe what she had done in the past. FACTUAL things. all which i can back up. see how that works?

deflection would/should be #2 in that list of poor debating skills. just like you did by throwing in the kitchen sink on that MASKLESS in MA thread, you are trying to deflect yet again - - - right here.

That is precisely what you said. You said morality matters. So you implied she was immoral. My only weakness is my kids. I cannot tell people to F Off like I would like to. I am undefeated in debates vs. you. Mrs. Morality LOL.

Azog: Democratic Party just voted against sanctions against countries that support Hamas. How do you explain that?

Playtime: I can't

Quite the debater you are. LOL

the koolaid was extra tasty to them. i kinda had pity for the dupes in 2016 - but, ya... after the past 4 years, despite every bit of shit show cray cray donny has thrown at this country- those that still supported & voted for him a 2nd time i have written off as un-redeemable.
So we discussed this before and you're dishonest yet again. I asked you to name a policy or policies of his that I would dislike or you dislike and you always go back to character. To me character is not as important as policy support.

That is precisely what you said. You said morality matters. So you implied she was immoral. My only weakness is my kids. I cannot tell people to F Off like I would like to. I am undefeated in debates vs. you. Mrs. Morality LOL.

Azog: Democratic Party just voted against sanctions against countries that support Hamas. How do you explain that?

Playtime: I can't

Quite the debater you are. LOL

moving the goal posts is #3 on the 'how not to debate effectively ' list.

' implied' vs 'you said' = you lied when you stated that is what i said.

azog: Democratic Party just voted against sanctions against countries that support Hamas. How do you explain that?

outstanding me: i can't

why? why do you ask? let's see shall we?

A) i'm not a (D)

B) i can't debate something when i don't know nor want to know all the facts surrounding that particular subject. now- you'll seize on that & sooner or later call me antisemitic.; which is indicative or yer stellar debating skills... right zogerino?

C) i could have turned the tables & moved the goal posts like you love to do in said stellar debating skills - by diverting the actual 'debate' subject; & throw in a deflection of my own by asking:

why do the (R)s do biz'nez with a country that supports forced abortions, allowing tax loopholes the size of manhatten to exist so BIGCORP can have most of there sweatshops there & don't want to pay american worker bees a living wage... & god FORBID - unionise ?

D) ...

^^^ now what? mr. 'i'll vote for a dude twice despite showing any sense of ethics who will say & do whatever it takes to stay 'on top'?

so, there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back