My plumber just left the Democratic Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Democrat back when the party was liberal. Gradually, however, multiculturalism seeped in, to be replaced again by identity politics and it lost me.

The authoritarianism and primative nature of today's identity driven democrat party is the furthest thing from liberalism.

So my plumber is a great guy. Runs a small business with nine employees. He is in his late 30s. He and I frequently discuss politics and he is always riding me to lean more left. He believes that we should all have UH. To him Bill Gates should not receive better healthcare than Bill Smith a 60-year old farmer in Louisiana for example. He believes that we should have higher taxes, fewer loopholes and is glad to pay more to pay it forward. He especially believes we should open more trade schools in urban areas and teach more trades. Mind you he was never a leftist but a true Democrat.

Until today. So last night he was on a major job. He doesn't leave until it is done and that was around 3AM. Mind you het gets up at 6AM daily to go to work. So he is on little sleep and he calls me outraged. He got into his car and doesn't recall what channel it was but it was some Democrat discussing white privilege. Boom. He said he is now officially an Independent. Not a DJT guy but will now listen to more of his message. Believes the Democratic Party abandoned him.

It is interesting because he is a voter that the Democratic Party should go after and I doubt he is the only one they are losing due to their rhetoric.

I welcome your thoughts....

Of course there is white privilege as well as discrimination against blacks. Irrelevant. The solution is to tax the rich more like their fair share and invest in America and Americans again after 40 years of giveaway to the rich.

So my plumber is a great guy. Runs a small business with nine employees. He is in his late 30s. He and I frequently discuss politics and he is always riding me to lean more left. He believes that we should all have UH. To him Bill Gates should not receive better healthcare than Bill Smith a 60-year old farmer in Louisiana for example. He believes that we should have higher taxes, fewer loopholes and is glad to pay more to pay it forward. He especially believes we should open more trade schools in urban areas and teach more trades. Mind you he was never a leftist but a true Democrat.

Until today. So last night he was on a major job. He doesn't leave until it is done and that was around 3AM. Mind you het gets up at 6AM daily to go to work. So he is on little sleep and he calls me outraged. He got into his car and doesn't recall what channel it was but it was some Democrat discussing white privilege. Boom. He said he is now officially an Independent. Not a DJT guy but will now listen to more of his message. Believes the Democratic Party abandoned him.

It is interesting because he is a voter that the Democratic Party should go after and I doubt he is the only one they are losing due to their rhetoric.

Of course there is white privilege as well as discrimination against blacks. Irrelevant. The solution is to tax the rich more like their fair share and invest in America and Americans again after 40 years of giveaway to the rich.
Really? What legal rights does a black person not have that I do have? List one. Thanks

I have no doubt it's true. And educated people are leaving the Republican Party in droves.

The Republican Party has a demographic problem. It has become the party of old white people. Young people are voting Democratic at rates never seen before. And the country is getting less white.

So eventually, old people will die and the country will become more Democratic.

But the Trump cult doesn't see farther beyond its nose. It's angry NOW!!

The only thing the Republican Party has going for it is the utter incompetence of the Democratic Party.

I have no doubt it's true. And educated people are leaving the Republican Party in droves.

The Republican Party has a demographic problem. It has become the party of old white people. Young people are voting Democratic at rates never seen before. And the country is getting less white.

The only thing the Republican Party has going for it is the utter incompetence of the Democratic Party.
I agree. I have never belonged to a political party.

Hell, I left both parties in 1986 why did it take you all so long to figure it out?
But you are still a die hard Democrat. support their Communist goals, who the fuck are you kidding?
Communism is a dictatorship that owns all business and industry. Nobody in America believes that. You are a brainwashed functional moron.

Many decent people are leaving the party of fascism and hate to join decency on the right.

And then....there's the Religion of trump.
Derangement syndrome.
More like the Rupert Murdock etc brainwash with Trump ignorant and dumb enough to believe.
You believe the country is systematically racist so you’re a barely functional moron.
So why do whites have 10 times the wealth of blacks and are 1/4 as liable to be stopped by the cops?
Generational wealth. Black males are 6% of the US population but 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Are those leagues systematically racist? Sometimes you have to have context to go along with data. Want to keep going? Immigrant blacks are on par with whites. Asians have the most wealth.

And the utter incompetence of Republican voters.

And the utter incompetence of Republican voters.
No one is more incompetent than you but many are tied with you. In the end you are all parasites.

And then....there's the Religion of trump.
Derangement syndrome.
More like the Rupert Murdock etc brainwash with Trump ignorant and dumb enough to believe.
You believe the country is systematically racist so you’re a barely functional moron.
So why do whites have 10 times the wealth of blacks and are 1/4 as liable to be stopped by the cops?
Generational wealth. Black males are 6% of the US population but 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Are those leagues systematically racist? Sometimes you have to have context to go along with data. Want to keep going? Immigrant blacks are on par with whites. Asians have the most wealth.
We definitely need more Jewish and Asian players in the NBA!

What I suggest is some sort of handicap for black players similar to that applied to Asians and Jews in college admissions. How about making blacks wear 10 pound weights on each ankle to make it more fair to Asians and Jews?

Many decent people are leaving the party of fascism and hate to join decency on the right.
Fascism is right wing, brainwashed functional moron.

Fascism is right wing, brainwashed functional moron.
Just like the KKK switched parties so did Fascists it seems. You’re case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back