CDZ my opinion on the Derick Chauvin case

You have to restrain a suspect to prevent them from running or resisting or posing a threat to the officers and the public.
You do understand this principle, right?
no, you can just let them stand at ease, and threaten to use your taser in case they run.
Clearly you know nothing about law-enforcement dealing with violent criminals.
again, based on the prosecution's *and* the defense's closing arguments, Floyd was not resisting arrest nor handcuffing, and was sitting on the sidewalk, talking with the arresting officers,
until they tried to put him, an extra large man, in a tight police car's back seat. Floyd then claimed, realisticly, that he was claustrophobic. And started to resist attempts to place him in the back of the police car.
at which point Chauvin arrives, and concludes *by his training*, that it's best to put his knee on a ground-restrained Floyd.
the rest, we all know.

what i'm advocating for, is a *change* in police training, to favor tasers and upright holding positions, until a police van can arrive to bring a person with Floyd's "symptoms" to the police station.

unlike you, i've been following the final remarks of the defense, and they make clear that a police officer has to consider his training, the larger picture of the situation at hand, and the surroundings.
based on the testimony of the training officer who was in charge of Chauvin's training, Chauvin did no act unreasonably.
based on the testimony of the doctor in charge of Floyd's autopsy, the 'recent use of meth', was a contributing factor to Floyd's death.
The defense has been lying about everything from the start. It's no wonder you're completely wrong about the facts of this case.
Both the defense *and* the prosecution in this case, and many like it i suspect, have been highlighting primarily/only what they want the jury to consider.

You have to restrain a suspect to prevent them from running or resisting or posing a threat to the officers and the public.
You do understand this principle, right?
no, you can just let them stand at ease, and threaten to use your taser in case they run.
Clearly you know nothing about law-enforcement dealing with violent criminals.
again, based on the prosecution's *and* the defense's closing arguments, Floyd was not resisting arrest nor handcuffing, and was sitting on the sidewalk, talking with the arresting officers,
until they tried to put him, an extra large man, in a tight police car's back seat. Floyd then claimed, realisticly, that he was claustrophobic. And started to resist attempts to place him in the back of the police car.
at which point Chauvin arrives, and concludes *by his training*, that it's best to put his knee on a ground-restrained Floyd.
the rest, we all know.

what i'm advocating for, is a *change* in police training, to favor tasers and upright holding positions, until a police van can arrive to bring a person with Floyd's "symptoms" to the police station.
That's BS. Floyd's car is smaller than the police car they put him in....so that claim doesn't hold water.
What I'm seeing is the media has hidden the most relevant facts of this case from the public in an attempt to shape public opinion. The Prosecution even attempted to introduce the possibility that Floyd was suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning after hiding this fact from the Defense.

unlike you, i've been following the final remarks of the defense, and they make clear that a police officer has to consider his training, the larger picture of the situation at hand, and the surroundings.
based on the testimony of the training officer who was in charge of Chauvin's training, Chauvin did no act unreasonably.
based on the testimony of the doctor in charge of Floyd's autopsy, the 'recent use of meth', was a contributing factor to Floyd's death.
The defense has been lying about everything from the start. It's no wonder you're completely wrong about the facts of this case.
If you have been watching the defense final argument you would have noticed 3 armed officers could not get him into the car. He resisted arrest and he could breath or he wouldn't have been blabbering. And isn't it a little odd for him to be claustrophobic in a police car after being awakened from a peaceful slumber in his own car?

Both the defense *and* the prosecution in this case, and many like it i suspect, have been highlighting primarily/only what they want the jury to consider.
What did the prosecution lie about?
the prosecution tried for instance to diminish the testimony of one official with the testimonies of peers in the official's profession.
for instance, your personal trainer, is where you get your morals from.

as a student of martial arts, i know this first hand.

based on my knowledge of what a civilian is held to in my country (Netherlands),
i had to opt not to train techniques from a military style martial arts anymore, but opt for techniques from my 1st martial art instead (Judo), augmented (if things get ugly) with Wing-Chun as a "last resort".

If you have been watching the defense final argument you would have noticed 3 armed officers could not get him into the car. He resisted arrest and he could breath or he wouldn't have been blabbering. And isn't it a little odd for him to be claustrophobic in a police car after being awakened from a peaceful slumber in his own car?
How do you explain all the footage of Chauvin removing Floyd from the very car you're claiming they couldn't get him into?

the prosecution tried for instance to diminish the testimony of one official with the testimonies of peers in the official's profession.

based on my knowledge of what a civilian is held to in my country (Netherlands),
i had to opt not to train techniques from a military style martial arts anymore, but opt for techniques from my 1st martial art instead (Judo), augmented (if things get ugly) with Wing-Chun as a "last resort".
You just used the term diminish, which is not equivalent to a lie.

Pretty much makes you a liar now, doesn't it?

the combination of getting arrested and being put in the police car, *could* have let to a form of panic overcoming Floyd.

You used the term diminish, which is not equivalent to a lie.

Pretty much makes you a liar now, doesn't it?
You're wrong on both counts.
To diminish relevant testimony for a peer opinion that is in effect a monday-morning-quarterback opinion with full benefit of hindsight and 50 camera angles on the event, along with the reverse-racism bias in society against police officers, that's what makes the prosecution a "liar".

Of course, they're not actual liars, they merely frame the totality of the picture in their favor. For the benefit of society (less chance of riots), and the surviving family of Floyd.

How do you explain all the footage of Chauvin removing Floyd from the very car you're claiming they couldn't get him into?
Another one who isn't watching the closing arguments. Chauvin is innocent and I don't give a hoot if they burn every Democrat city in the country down

IMHO, Chauvin did use excessive force, there wasn't a need to keep his knee on Floyd's neck that long. BUT - an ordinary person would not have died under those circumstances, so in my view Chauvin isn't guilty of murder.
I don't think Chauvin committed a murder. I think he was dealing with a character who liked to abuse a cop when his drugs exceeded his body's ability to survive an overdose. I think his death was caused by him resisting arrest under the influence.

Another one who isn't watching the closing arguments. Chauvin is innocent and I don't give a hoot if they burn every Democrat city in the country down
I'm just curious; are you willing to change police training as i have outlined in this thread?

1. The suspect was handcuffed
2. The suspect was surrounded by three armed officers
3. The suspect was on the ground and not resisting
4. The suspect claimed he was in distress
5. Observers objected that the suspect was not conscious

Homicide

The Defendant is clearly guilty
But I suspect the jury will not convict. They rarely do convict cops

Are you ready to bet on your membership on this site?

No, because the members of that jury could be terrified if they don't find him guilty. Just watch the fucking videos that the defense explains versus the edited clips that the dishonest prosecution shows. The DAs assistant should be disbarred.

he was being held over a supposed counterfeit 20-dollar bill.
you're saying he should die over that?

jeez.

I believe that’s a Federal Felony, so definitely. I also believe that Mr Floyd had a prior record, which suggests to me he should have been previously executed, or at least permanently incarcerated.

he was being held over a supposed counterfeit 20-dollar bill.
you're saying he should die over that?

jeez.

I believe that’s a Federal Felony, so definitely. I also believe that Mr Floyd had a prior record, which suggests to me he should have been previously executed, or at least permanently incarcerated.
i'm glad you're not in charge of the US justice system.

Forum List

Back