My opinion of Bush misleading is reinforced again

Let's see if I have this right. Administation came out and said what they planned to do. Dems and even Repubs didn't bother to follow up, even though they were elected reps. Now you want to blame the Admin?

"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by deaddude
Things is kind of amibiguous
as is the "they" what are you refering to with "things" and who are you refering to with "they." Specifics please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the very first post in this thread by PJ. Confidential documents were locked up, but accessible if they (senators) actually took the time to go there and read them. They chose not to. That can hardly be blamed on Bush."

It seems I am also guilty in the ambiguity, I was refering to
Tim Duncan 2000's

"I guess they should have gone down there to check it out then. How is that Bush's fault? What about all the things they have said since 1998? Were they lying then too?" if the things and they are the same I apologise profusely

But you haven't proven that Tenet told them to omit that information. What I'm looking for is clear facts that they were told to omit the info. Who told them that. Who received this info. As far as I know right now, the proper info about the uranium wasn't disclosed until after the fact. I don't want to assume this one said that or that one said this. I've said time and time again I like to deal with facts. I have another honest question, did the white house ever respond to the accusation that they left this information in there after specifically being told to remove it?

In October of 2002, Bush gave a speech in Cincinatti outlining the threat of Iraq. It originally was going to include the uranium intelligence, but Tenet said it should be taken out since it wasn't confirmed. Check out this link for a little more infohttp://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A48847-2003Jul12?language=printer

In Febuary of 2002, Ambassador Joe Wilson was sent to investigate the claim and found it to be false, almost a year before the state of the union.

To answer your question, after the state of the union address, Condi was on "Meet the Press" saying they forgot about it. Here's Hadley's take on ithttp://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/23/1058853139806.html
But they still sayed that it was accurate.

Am I at least convincing you or putting doubt into your mind that the administration mislead on the uranium case?

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Am I at least convincing you or putting doubt into your mind that the administration mislead on the uranium case?

Doubt, yes, but nothing absolute. The references you speak of appear to have been in a speech made in Cincinnati. From what I'm reading they wanted to press for more information, but it was not included in the State of the Union speech.

" By January, when conversations took place with CIA personnel over what could be in the president's State of the Union speech, White House officials again sought to use the Niger reference since it still was in the NIE.

"We followed the NIE and hoped there was more intelligence to support it," a senior administration official said yesterday. When told there was nothing new, White House officials backed off, and as a result "seeking uranium from Niger was never in drafts," he said. "

Sounds like they were pressing to use this info, which does seeom odd, because I don't see it as having been necessary to add to the case. In my opinion, there was more than enough to go on already.

Well, I'm happy with doubt.

Let's see if I have this right. Administation came out and said what they planned to do. Dems and even Repubs didn't bother to follow up, even though they were elected reps. Now you want to blame the Admin?

Sort of. The dems and republicans should take some major blame, but their actions were guided by the Bush admin, with Rove convincing key senators to vote for the war in October. Bush is the most powerful man in the world and the leader of our country, I couldn't put it any better than "the buck stops here".

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Sort of. The dems and republicans should take some major blame, but their actions were guided by the Bush admin, with Rove convincing key senators to vote for the war in October. Bush is the most powerful man in the world and the leader of our country, I couldn't put it any better than "the buck stops here".

The buck didn't stop the senators from walking to the vault, did it? Nope, that was pure laziness on their part. They're ALL to blame for that, not Bush.

Forum List

Back