My newest toy.

God Guns Beer

Mar 14, 2011
Just ordered it from my local gun shop, should be here this week. Its actually sold as a handgun. I think I might carry it...lol j/k. I got it in 44 mag.
I cant think of anything I could possibly use it for. Really no good for hunting, I have better guns for self defense, I really dont think I could carry it. So I guess this will just fall into the "TOY" catagory.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

Just ordered it from my local gun shop, should be here this week. Its actually sold as a handgun. I think I might carry it...lol j/k. I got it in 44 mag.
I cant think of anything I could possibly use it for. Really no good for hunting, I have better guns for self defense, I really dont think I could carry it. So I guess this will just fall into the "TOY" catagory.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

kick much ? :lol:

Havent shot it yet. I will let you know next weekend. But Ive seen videos of people shooting it, It doesnt look like it has much recoil. Its a pretty big "hand gun"

Ahh the beauty of the ranch gun! I love them!

I often carry a 45/70 Marlin 1895 Guide Gun around the farm. It will knock over a cedar!

Never shot the Rossi (never sold one either?!?), but I imagine it won't kick too bad, even one handed. Looks like it would be the prefect gun to carry on a tractor.

Nice!

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

How much did you pay?

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

Surprised they get away with claiming it is a hand gun. By the way I am pretty sure Federal law specifies how small a rifle or shotgun can be. They probably HAVE to claim it is a handgun.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

How much did you pay?

A little over $400.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

Surprised they get away with claiming it is a hand gun. By the way I am pretty sure Federal law specifies how small a rifle or shotgun can be. They probably HAVE to claim it is a handgun.

Exactly...they had to complete design it from the ground up as a "hand gun" because of the federal laws that say you cant simply cut off the stock and barrel and call it a "hand gun"...Silly government laws.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

It is a legal definition, not a practical one. If the firearm is designed to be fired with one hand, it is, by ATF regulation, a handgun, regardless of the barrel length. It can be confusing sometimes, especially when a 19 year-old wants to buy a pistol grip shotgun. If the gun comes with a buttstock, it is a shotgun. Without a buttstock, it is an "other firearm" and handgun regulations apply, so a 19 year old cannot purchase it.

Handgun= any firearm with less than 16 inches of barrel.......or was 30 years ago ?
That's a far better way to stash $400 than handing it to some beady eyed prick at a bank or brokerage.

Handgun= any firearm with less than 16 inches of barrel.......or was 30 years ago ?
That's a far better way to stash $400 than handing it to some beady eyed prick at a bank or brokerage.

The "legal definition" of "handgun" still remains somewhat cloudy, changing from time to time in response to new offerings in the industry, but the current guiding regulation is that if a firearm is designed to be fired with one hand, it is a handgun, regardless of other characteristics.

Mossberg packages their 500AT shotgun in several different configurations. One of them is a kit that has both a buttstock, and a pistol grip. It is legal to sell the kit to a purchaser under 21 if the buttstock is attached when the transfer takes place. It is illegal to sell to a purchaser under 21 if the pistol grip is attached.

Confusing, and seemingly conflicting, but that is the law.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

How much did you pay?

A little over $400.

Sweet. I might have to get one.

Rossi-Ranch-Hand.jpg

How much did you pay?

A little over $400.

You got a good price :)

Wholesale is around $365, MSRP is $549. I was going to post earlier that we would sell it around $400-$425, but I wanted to see what you paid first.

Your dealer prices them right. Hang on to that guy/gal!

Worth every penny, I would say!

Forum List

Back