My mum is on intravenous Lasix

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Admitted to the hospital today, she is in her 90's. She's been struggling a bit with fluid retention and the scrips haven't been working.

They do give this medication to race horses to make them run faster. Can she expect this treatment to make her run faster as well?

No... but if some fool boluses the dose instead of slowly infusing it, it CAN deafen her.

Admitted to the hospital today, she is in her 90's. She's been struggling a bit with fluid retention and the scrips haven't been working.

They do give this medication to race horses to make them run faster. Can she expect this treatment to make her run faster as well?

If she can run at all in her 90's she'll outlive her doctors.

I've never heard of it. I'm sorry your mom's in the hospital.

Don't know about the med, but I lost my mom in January, and from my experience I suggest you have a medical power of attorney in place for her, and a DNR if that's what she wants. The hospital system has little to no regard for families of patients, and these things will help you have a voice in her treatment.

Don't know about the med, but I lost my mom in January, and from my experience I suggest you have a medical power of attorney in place for her, and a DNR if that's what she wants. The hospital system has little to no regard for families of patients, and these things will help you have a voice in her treatment.

My brother has the medical power of attorney, that's been covered. It is sort of difficult in the current pandemic for anyone to be in the hospital, I probably won't see her until she gets out.

My brother has the medical power of attorney, that's been covered. It is sort of difficult in the current pandemic for anyone to be in the hospital, I probably won't see her until she gets out.

My mom died alone in the hospital because they wouldn't let anyone in to see her. I hold shitstain LA mayor Eric Garcetti and shitstain governor Gavin Newsom personally responsible for that. They have my eternal hatred for making my mom die alone.

My mom died alone in the hospital because they wouldn't let anyone in to see her. I hold shitstain LA mayor Eric Garcetti and shitstain governor Gavin Newsom personally responsible for that. They have my eternal hatred for making my mom die alone.

Here, I think they only allow 2 pre-ordained visitors, which is better than none.

Forum List

Back