What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My male cousin did a hobby photo shoot with my female cousin in a photo series he calls "heritage"

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
She dressed up in old Gypsy clothing, for his photo series "heritage". My cousin who is male does hobby photography and posts it on instagram, and my female cousin was his photo model.

The Duke

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So like, do you live in Romania? She has the same nose as you.

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
So like, do you live in Romania? She has the same nose as you.

I do not live in Romania. I was not born in Romania, I was never in Romania. You mistake Romanian (a Eastern European Slavic group) with Gypsy who migrated from Nothern India to Europe in the middle ages, some centuries ago. Some Gypsies are Americans, look at my signature. They are not Romanians.

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score
She dressed up in old Gypsy clothing, for his photo series "heritage". My cousin who is male does hobby photography and posts it on instagram, and my female cousin was his photo model.

Very beautiful. Does she need my help making an American baby?

frigidweirdo

Platinum Member
Reaction score

It looks good, traditional clothes often have the aura about them that modern clothes just don't have.

Hellokitty

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Your cousin is beautiful. How do gypsy women feel about gypsy fashion becoming trendy with Bohemian/Boho? Do they view it as a compliment or cultural appropriation? Is there different thinking on this based based on generation?

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your cousin is beautiful. How do gypsy women feel about gypsy fashion becoming trendy with Bohemian/Boho? Do they view it as a compliment or cultural appropriation? Is there different thinking on this based based on generation?
I view it as compliment but i knew a few online who viewed it as cultural appropriation but they are usually some sort of civil rights activists not regular apolitical people I think regular people do not view it as offensive nor should they in my opinion

Flash

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nice photography, lovely model. Good tint to the picture to give it the right feeling.

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Overall I think they're good, although the colors are a bit muted for my tastes...

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I do not live in Romania. I was not born in Romania, I was never in Romania. You mistake Romanian (a Eastern European Slavic group) with Gypsy who migrated from Nothern India to Europe in the middle ages, some centuries ago. Some Gypsies are Americans, look at my signature. They are not Romanians.

Ethnic Romanians are not Slavic, they're Latin. Romanian is a Latin language (ROME), and the culture is Latin/Mediterranean.

OP
Mortimer

Mortimer

Gold Member
Reaction score
Second Photo set came out yesterday...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Still very muted for my tastes.

Then again, if that a "signature style" that he likes, he should continue.

I do a lot of portraits with what's known as the "Dragan effect". It enhances the tonality and skin texture of the images subject. Here's a subtle example (not my photo):

dragan-hdr-style-3.jpg

I wouldn't say it's my "signature" look, but a lot of people seem to like it...

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List