My life sucks now

I didn't get the Measles, I got the Mumps.

Sorry, I know a couple people that have shingles and I know it's painful.
FYI: Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox.

I lies dormant in nerve cells forever.

Later in life when the immune system gets compromised, it will hurt really fucking bad.

I've heard that some people get relief by taking Gabapentin. But it does not start working right away. It takes 6-8 weeks.

When you are in severe pain 6-8 weeks is a long, long time.

If I wasn't anti-vax my entire life I would have considered the Shingles vax.
The vax that I got a few years ago I have recently found out was only about 70% effective.

The new vax is suppose to be 96% effective.

After I heal my doctor told me I need to get the new one. I am going to take his advice. I never want to get this again.

If you only get one vaccination in your life get the one for Shingles. It is miserable.

I have read that you get it when you are stressed and your immune system is low. However, I am retired and have a relatively stress free life. Nothing is stressing me out at this time.

The doctor had no idea what caused it.

I've heard that some people get relief by taking Gabapentin. But it does not start working right away. It takes 6-8 weeks.

Yep. I started taking Gabapentin the day after I broke out. Here it is a month later and I still am in pain all the time.

No, it just isn't because of the disaster of Bidenomics.

I have a good case of the Shingles.

I had the vaccine a few years ago but that didn't stop it.

Headache, aching all over and of course the itching. Just slightly touching the affected area hurts like hell. It is on the upper part of my body and neck and it even hurts to wear a lightweight shirt.

The doctor prescribed an anti viral medication and something to help me sleep at night but it still sucks.

It is now into its forth week.

Don't ever get it. I don't recommend it.
From what ive read, it doesnt usually last longer than 3-5 weeks, so you are probably almost through it.

The vax that I got a few years ago I have recently found out was only about 70% effective.

After I heal my doctor told me I need to get the new one. I am going to take his advice. I never want to get this again.

If you only get one vaccination in your life get the one for Shingles. It is miserable.

I have read that you get it when you are stressed and your immune system is low. However, I am retired and have a relatively stress free life. Nothing is stressing me out at this time.

Suffer, suffer like 1srelluc wants Raskin to suffer.

No, it just isn't because of the disaster of Bidenomics.

I have a good case of the Shingles.

I had the vaccine a few years ago but that didn't stop it.

Headache, aching all over and of course the itching. Just slightly touching the affected area hurts like hell. It is on the upper part of my body and neck and it even hurts to wear a lightweight shirt.

The doctor prescribed an anti viral medication and something to help me sleep at night but it still sucks.

It is now into its forth week.

Don't ever get it. I don't recommend it.

I had a case of them myself years back.
I'd heard from others about how painful they are,in my case they didnt hurt at all.

Thanks. I also am retired and have a very low stress life so I think I will stick to my anti-vax stance, but I appreciate your post.

Did you have the Measles as a kid?

FYI: Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox.

I lies dormant in nerve cells forever.

Later in life when the immune system gets compromised, it will hurt really fucking bad.

Gotta be careful with the Gaba. Once you start on it you can't just stop whenever. You have to wean off under the direction of your doctor.

I had a case of them myself years back.
I'd heard from others about how painful they are,in my case they didnt hurt at all.
Some of my friends that got had a mild case and other severe.

The problem I have is it is on my shoulder and neck and that is causing a constant headache.

I've heard that a really bad place to get it, especially if you are a male, is on the belt line because it will always be irritated. In my case just wearing a light fabric shirt causes irritation.

Forum List

Back