My Issues with Donald Trump

I understand this is a crucial time in our nation's history and much hangs in the balance regarding our future as a nation.
1. Trade Policy.
2. Make America Safe Again.
3. LGBTQ Agenda.
4. Ethanol subsidies.
5. Federal land acquisitions.
6. Taxing the Rich.
7. Our poor roads and bridges.
8. Health care reform.
9. Defeating ISIS.
"this is a crucial time in our nation's history" ... BS!
Politicians always say that to get their followers to the polls.

From a business/consumer perspective, you missed a MAJOR topic: Internet/Tech & Privacy
It's a GLOBAL economy with GLOBAL communications, and what does Trump understand about that?
Other than classified email servers ...

As I have stated in recent days, I am a devout constitutional conservative. I passionately defend my conservative principles and make no bones about it, whether they are popular in the moment or not. I don't care to be among the popular clique, it's just not fundamentally important to me as a person. I had rather stand for convicted principles any day. I realize this election doesn't offer the best of candidates and some might argue, it offers the worst of candidates in a very long time. In my lifetime, I've never experienced a presidential race where I've agonized more about who to vote for or not to vote for. I've heard all the arguments... I know all about the ramifications... I understand this is a crucial time in our nation's history and much hangs in the balance regarding our future as a nation. That simply makes this election even more agonizing to contemplate. There is really no good option.

Numerous Trump supporters have raked me over the coals for my lack of support for Trump. I'm okay with that, I don't come here to be liked or slapped on the back and embraced. I come here to speak my mind and engage in debate with people who want to hash out our differing and contrasting viewpoints in the arena of ideas. I'm not trying to change minds, just hoping to open some eyes and make people think. I don't generally follow news cycles, pundits or talk radio hosts. I will occasionally catch someone like Mark Levin on podcast, and I enjoy watching various debates on YouTube on subjects of interest. I tell you all this as a precursor so you know where I stand. As a conservative, I don't really feel I have a dog in this hunt with regard to the presidency. I think Hillary and Trump are both bad news for Conservatism. But here are my major problems with Trump, for those on the right who think my views are just "sour grapes" because my guy (Cruz) didn't win. It's not about hurt feelings or personalities... it's purely core constitutional conservative values.

1. Trade Policy.
I am all for having good trade deals. I believe our nation is stronger when we have trade alliances with other countries and those arrangements should be beneficial to both parties. Trump has repeatedly called for slapping tariffs on other countries to accomplish various things... pay for the wall, in the case of Mexico... compensate for devaluing currency, in the case of China... even to punish outsourcing by American companies.

Tariffs can be tricky and complicated. It's easy to armchair quarterback and say you'll just apply a tariff to solve this or that problem, but doing so might cause some undesirable and unintended consequences you didn't anticipate. You can trigger trade wars and suddenly, our economy is effected dramatically. This is precisely what happened with Herbert Hoover's trade policies which brought on the Great Depression. His application of tariffs sparked a tariff war against our agriculture products and farmers suffered. Entire seasons of crops sat in warehouses and rotted because of the counter-reaction from export nations, and the farmers of America took it in the shorts. Hoover never intended that to happen but it was the consequence of his actions.

We currently have over 12,000 tariffs in place. Trump has not specified what sort of tariffs he has in mind, it's all over the board... he has mentioned as much as a 45% tariff in some cases, and that is quite extreme. I can't imagine such a jolting tariff could be implemented without a consequence. And let's be clear, aside from the consequences, even if the tariff is accepted, it simply means the prices of import items goes up for the American consumer. So that's 'best case scenario' of this sort of trade policy. Trump supporters cheer loudly when he talks tough about slapping tariffs on people to get them to step in line, but the results almost always come at a price. These things have to be deliberated very carefully by people who know what they're doing.

45% tariff- or tax- on goods imported from China.

So likely to be some 40-50% of everything sold at Target and Walmart.

That will be a very hefty tax on poor Americans.

The problem is, I don't believe Trump is any better of a choice. He may be worse. We may be jumping off the ship to escape Dracula into the waters with Jaws. We don't know how he is going to govern once elected, he may very well be more liberal than Hillary would ever have the balls to be. I know that sounds hard to believe but I think he has a lot of people fooled.

Correct, we don't know how he will govern. We don't know who he will pick for the Supreme Court that will be the law of the land for the next generation or two. But we do know how Hillary will govern and who she will pick for the Supreme Court.

If you're in Vegas playing cards, and you're dealt a hand where you can't even make a pair, do you throw in three cards and hope for better ones, or do you hope everybody else folds and your ace high wins the game?

Last edited:
Calling yourself a "conservatine" & then saying you may vote for Hillary are two statements that do not compute, in any way, at all.
I don't like Trump but that bitch is a danger to conservative values. Period, end of discussion.

I would think even Conservatives would care about the economy.

But apparently not all do.

As I have stated in recent days, I am a devout constitutional conservative. I passionately defend my conservative principles and make no bones about it, whether they are popular in the moment or not. I don't care to be among the popular clique, it's just not fundamentally important to me as a person. I had rather stand for convicted principles any day. I realize this election doesn't offer the best of candidates and some might argue, it offers the worst of candidates in a very long time. In my lifetime, I've never experienced a presidential race where I've agonized more about who to vote for or not to vote for. I've heard all the arguments... I know all about the ramifications... I understand this is a crucial time in our nation's history and much hangs in the balance regarding our future as a nation. That simply makes this election even more agonizing to contemplate. There is really no good option.

Numerous Trump supporters have raked me over the coals for my lack of support for Trump. I'm okay with that, I don't come here to be liked or slapped on the back and embraced. I come here to speak my mind and engage in debate with people who want to hash out our differing and contrasting viewpoints in the arena of ideas. I'm not trying to change minds, just hoping to open some eyes and make people think. I don't generally follow news cycles, pundits or talk radio hosts. I will occasionally catch someone like Mark Levin on podcast, and I enjoy watching various debates on YouTube on subjects of interest. I tell you all this as a precursor so you know where I stand. As a conservative, I don't really feel I have a dog in this hunt with regard to the presidency. I think Hillary and Trump are both bad news for Conservatism. But here are my major problems with Trump, for those on the right who think my views are just "sour grapes" because my guy (Cruz) didn't win. It's not about hurt feelings or personalities... it's purely core constitutional conservative values.

1. Trade Policy.
I am all for having good trade deals. I believe our nation is stronger when we have trade alliances with other countries and those arrangements should be beneficial to both parties. Trump has repeatedly called for slapping tariffs on other countries to accomplish various things... pay for the wall, in the case of Mexico... compensate for devaluing currency, in the case of China... even to punish outsourcing by American companies.

Tariffs can be tricky and complicated. It's easy to armchair quarterback and say you'll just apply a tariff to solve this or that problem, but doing so might cause some undesirable and unintended consequences you didn't anticipate. You can trigger trade wars and suddenly, our economy is effected dramatically. This is precisely what happened with Herbert Hoover's trade policies which brought on the Great Depression. His application of tariffs sparked a tariff war against our agriculture products and farmers suffered. Entire seasons of crops sat in warehouses and rotted because of the counter-reaction from export nations, and the farmers of America took it in the shorts. Hoover never intended that to happen but it was the consequence of his actions.

We currently have over 12,000 tariffs in place. Trump has not specified what sort of tariffs he has in mind, it's all over the board... he has mentioned as much as a 45% tariff in some cases, and that is quite extreme. I can't imagine such a jolting tariff could be implemented without a consequence. And let's be clear, aside from the consequences, even if the tariff is accepted, it simply means the prices of import items goes up for the American consumer. So that's 'best case scenario' of this sort of trade policy. Trump supporters cheer loudly when he talks tough about slapping tariffs on people to get them to step in line, but the results almost always come at a price. These things have to be deliberated very carefully by people who know what they're doing.

Playing off his theme of making America great again, Trump also promises to make us safe again. Of course, this sounds wonderful to his followers and they cheer even louder, chanting back... "Make us Safe! Make us Safe!" He hasn't really laid out any specifics on how he intends to accomplish this, but wasn't the Patriot Act and TSA also supposed to make us safe again? I worry about platitudes like this without specificity because when the federal government promises your safety, you best cling to your freedom because that's what is in jeopardy. Don't get me wrong, I am all for safety, I just want more details of the specifics on this before I sign on. I mean, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Remington and Mossberg are doing a pretty damn fine job of keeping me safe.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.
Does anyone know, without Googling, what the 'Q' stands for? Trump mentioned it a few times in his acceptance speech and I honestly had to look it up to see what we're now supporting as Republicans. It stands for "questioning" ...I guess now if you are not sure what you are on any given day, that's perfectly okay... whatever? So now we have moved the party to the radical left on social issues. Forget about religious freedoms or attacking moral traditionalism, this is a new age and we've all got to get with the times. Jump on board the LGBTQwxyz train and go wild baby... get your freak on! So what's next? Are we going to start indoctrinating kids in kindergarten with this nonsense? Will it be forced on private schools, home schools and churches? Maybe we'll adopt some kind of Constitutional Amendment to ensure rights for every perverted sexual deviancy? Yeah, that will be nice... can't wait!

In his hour and a half marathon acceptance speech, Trump mentioned LGBTQ numerous times but became the first Republican presidential nominee since Roe v. Wade not to mention "right to life". Apparently, though in the platform, this is no longer a priority for the Republican party.

4. Ethanol subsidies.
Perhaps Trump was simply pandering for votes in Iowa, but he repeatedly made clear that he was in favor of federal ethanol subsidies and actually proposed an expansion to the program. As a fiscal conservative, this is the first thing that raised my eyebrows at Trump. It is the single biggest wasteful government handout we do. Designed to placate the Global Warming initiative, it pours billions of taxpayer dollars into a program that literally causes the destruction of automobile engines and does not conserve one ounce of energy. In fact, we would be better served from an energy standpoint if we simply burned the billions of dollars instead. It takes more energy from fossil fuels to produce the ethanol than the ethanol saves. Companies headed by crony corporatists are getting rich off the subsidies and Trump wants to make sure their gravy train continues... actually said he wants to do more of it. Folks, as conservatives, if we can't stand firm on cutting ethanol subsidies, there is literally no federal handout program we will ever be able to cut.

Trump has said that he favors these. He thinks the feds do a great job with the land and he's all for it. This is where the federal government intercedes to take away land rightfully owned by the states. It could be land the states could use for resources such as water, coal, oil and natural gas. It could be lands used by the locals for fishing and hunting.. but that doesn't matter to Trump. Apparently, Federalism doesn't matter either. If the Feds want it, the Feds can take it. In the east, it's not that big of a deal but out west, some of the states are more than 50-60% state land. It's frightening to think he believes the Federal government should have this kind of power over the states.

6. Taxing the Rich.
Trump has said "We're going to tax the rich!" His original tax plan calls for cuts to the top marginal wage earners in America but he has since recanted and says that will be subject to negotiation and would probably change. Translation: I'm giving that up before negotiations even begin to the Democrats. So... since the top marginals are who pay the majority of the tax in America, his wonderful tax plan that everyone applauded including conservatives, is basically gutted so that we can adopt the liberal meme... tax the rich!

Someone should inform Mr. Trump that we don't tax wealth in America and the so-called "rich" don't actually pay much earned income tax because they no longer earn income. They do receive dividends and those are taxed at a lower rate, but that's not part of the top marginal earned income tax. Those people are mostly small business owners filing as individuals, as all small businesses do in America. The whole entire "tax the rich" meme is left wing Marxist propaganda and Trump should be ashamed of himself for getting sucked in to repeating it like a fool.

Another gem from his speech at the convention was his mentioning of the sad shape of our roads and bridges. This was a line parroted by Clinton and Obama in the 2008 campaign and considered a championed cause of the left. You see, somehow our nation has survived 250 years without proper roads and bridges being built by the federal government. It's true! I'm not sure how we've managed but somehow we have. I guess people have had to use machetes to cut paths to work and maybe swim across some creeks? But now, we suddenly have this wonderful man who is going to take care of that problem for us! Praise the Lord! But.... didn't we already give Obama a trillion dollars to build roads and bridges? And didn't he end up admitting there were no "shovel ready jobs" out there?

Now... I know many of you across America are tired of having to hack your way to work with the machete and swim across the creeks and rivers... but here in Alabama, we all get together in our cities and the capitol and agree to appropriate funds in order to build roads and bridges where we need them. Everyone pitches in and pays a little property tax or sales tax, and all is well. And while we do have our share of pot holes here and there, we have yet to lose anybody in one. When they get really bad, the states and cities have fleets of trucks that go out and patch the holes and life goes on. Just an idea, Mr. Trump.

8. Health care reform.
Trump shouts out that he is going to "repeal and replace Obamacare!" And the crowds go wild! Cheers go up to the rafters! What he doesn't say is what he actually wants to "replace" the ACA with. He has said in the past (like a few months ago) that he wants universal health care for every American and that he likes the individual mandate. So, in other words... he wants to replace Obamacare with the health care plan that even the Democrats couldn't get passed in Congress with their own liberal cabal... Single Payer. Now, of course, he is going to try and open this up to the private market and allow interstate portability, but with the federal government writing the checks to private corporations, what do you think will likely happen there? Is there maybe a chance there will be some collusion? Some crony corporatism and influence peddling? Naahhh... our politicians and federal bureaucrats and private sector opportunists aren't corruptible. What could possibly go wrong?

9. Defeating ISIS
Again... the crowds roar when he talks tough about wiping out radical Islamic terrorism. And I like that he is taking this on in such a bold and forceful way but he says some things that worry me. He has intimated that he thinks the way to defeat them is to "cut off their oil supply" and that is a fine strategy if we are up to the task. I'm not so sure that we are. This is going to mean US military boots on the ground to surround and control the oil wells in the Middle East. Lots of players are not going to like that. People will have to die. It's not going to be a picnic like he seems to think it will be. People like Putin in Russia are probably not going to be cool with us controlling all that oil they've been buying from the bad guys. What are we going to do when the flag-draped coffins start sailing into New York? He's a republican president, so you know the news will have the "daily body count" reported for the nation to ponder. Will Americans have the stomach for this policy or will he have to cave to political pressure?

It brings up another aspect regarding Trump... his personality. We've already seen many prime examples of how he reacts when people don't go along with his ideas. Well, this is an idea that a lot of people aren't going to go along with. He's good at criticizing Bush about Iraq but he doesn't seem to understand that he is essentially proposing the same sort of thing. US military intervention in a foreign country. Cowboy diplomacy... it's easy to talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... so there are my list of grievances with Trump policies in a nutshell. All are reason-based and rooted in my principled conservative convictions. I like some of his ideas... The wall, cracking down on illegal immigration, tougher vetting of immigrants from radicalized areas, opening up energy production capabilities... all very good and reasonable ideas that I can support. So it's not ALL bad... it's a mixed bag. On a scale of 1 to 10, Trump is a 5 where Hillary is probably a negative integer.

I would like to hear Trump talk more about reducing the size and scope of government. He said not one word in his speech about where he wants to cut the federal budget. He mentioned it, said it was out of control, but all I hear him talking about are things that will increase the budget by billions of dollars and there's not much he has said in terms of cuts other than "eliminate waste, fraud and abuse" which is boilerplate doublespeak. I mean, I don't recall waste, fraud or abuse being included on the lines of the federal budget, nor do I think congress appropriates such items when they approve budgets. There has been no talk of what he plans to do about Social Security and the clock is ticking on when it's going under. It's something we really need to know about and do something about very soon. But of course.. the LGBTQ issues... those are far more important these days, I guess? :dunno:

I didn't read your entire essay here, but you said that you are being racked over the coals for not supporting Trump. I am racking you over the coals for supporting Hellary.....big difference. At least follow other disgruntled conservatives and vote Johnson.

Yes, it would be if he could possibly get it passed by the Congress and Senate, just like most of the things he says he wants.

On that note, take a look at what Hillary is running on, and ask yourself how much of this she will get done with a Republican Congress and likely Senate:

Hillary Clinton on the issues

Don't act like Trump is the lone wolf when it comes to promises from presidential candidates.

Come on Boss, you are about as much a "Constitutional conservative" as Barry Hussein. Your "issues" with Trump are straight out of the democrat party play book. I mean you gotta look at the insane treaty Barry made with Iran to see which way the Country is going under liberalism. There is nothing that hits closer to the conservative Constitutionalist than the 1st Amendment. The Founding Fathers thought religious freedom was so important that they put it at the top of the list in the Bill of Rights. The U.S. has always bent over backwards to accomodate religious beliefs. The Quakers were exempt from military service when the Union was desperate for manpower during the Civil War and high profile fit guys like Mohammed Ali could dodge the draft when he converted to Islam during the Vietnam war. You can't fire someone for taking a religious day off work and you don't have to "swear on the Bible" when you take an oath if the Bible offends you. It's estimated that 1/10 of 1% of freakazoid men want to squat to piss in the ladies room and yet big brother federal government wants to punish an entire state for the crime of protecting women from embarrassment and possible harm. Why not let the states handle issues like this in a referendum instead of behaving like a freaking monarchy and issuing edicts?

1. Trade Policy.

Making imports more expensive is what will make it possible for manufacturers to make those products locally and sell locally. If it's more expensive to import they'll stop importing them and make them here. If they make them here they'll hire Americans to make them. More Americans with jobs the more Americans who can afford to pay the rent and feed themselves. They might not be able to afford the luxuries like computers, tv's or perhaps even microwaves but they'll be able to support themselves. Better to have working Americans and higher prices then unemployed Americans and low prices.
Playing off his theme of making America great again, Trump also promises to make us safe again. Of course, this sounds wonderful to his followers and they cheer even louder, chanting back... "Make us Safe! Make us Safe!" He hasn't really laid out any specifics on how he intends to accomplish this, but wasn't the Patriot Act and TSA also supposed to make us safe again? I worry about platitudes like this without specificity because when the federal government promises your safety, you best cling to your freedom because that's what is in jeopardy. Don't get me wrong, I am all for safety, I just want more details of the specifics on this before I sign on. I mean, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Remington and Mossberg are doing a pretty damn fine job of keeping me safe.
The way for America to be safe is to take the offensive and use it's armed forces the way they're supposed to be used. Send them in, kill the enemy leave and regroup for the next attack. Not stick around and play police. Not try to get friendly with the natives. Leave and don't go back unless they make us go back again by returning to their old ways. Threaten terrorist attacks, get blown up. Make it that simple and it'll stop. Stop sending money to countries that fund terrorism. If that means terrorist arise and take them out so be it. They need to fight it out until nobody willing to fight is left to fight. Then we have peace.
3. LGBTQ Agenda.
Does anyone know, without Googling, what the 'Q' stands for? Trump mentioned it a few times in his acceptance speech and I honestly had to look it up to see what we're now supporting as Republicans. It stands for "questioning" ...I guess now if you are not sure what you are on any given day, that's perfectly okay... whatever? So now we have moved the party to the radical left on social issues. Forget about religious freedoms or attacking moral traditionalism, this is a new age and we've all got to get with the times. Jump on board the LGBTQwxyz train and go wild baby... get your freak on! So what's next? Are we going to start indoctrinating kids in kindergarten with this nonsense? Will it be forced on private schools, home schools and churches? Maybe we'll adopt some kind of Constitutional Amendment to ensure rights for every perverted sexual deviancy? Yeah, that will be nice... can't wait!

In his hour and a half marathon acceptance speech, Trump mentioned LGBTQ numerous times but became the first Republican presidential nominee since Roe v. Wade not to mention "right to life". Apparently, though in the platform, this is no longer a priority for the Republican party.
No politician is on your side on this. There is no one to vote for on this policy. No one who will keep the guys out of the girls restrooms. No one who will protect the Sanctity of marriage. They should get the Federal government completely out of all of the above and allow states to rule themselves as they see fit. The Federal government should not create or enforce unnecessary national laws and allow the states to rule themselves.

You can't use this issue to decide who to vote for. That makes it a non-issue this political cycle.
4. Ethanol subsidies.
Perhaps Trump was simply pandering for votes in Iowa, but he repeatedly made clear that he was in favor of federal ethanol subsidies and actually proposed an expansion to the program. As a fiscal conservative, this is the first thing that raised my eyebrows at Trump. It is the single biggest wasteful government handout we do. Designed to placate the Global Warming initiative, it pours billions of taxpayer dollars into a program that literally causes the destruction of automobile engines and does not conserve one ounce of energy. In fact, we would be better served from an energy standpoint if we simply burned the billions of dollars instead. It takes more energy from fossil fuels to produce the ethanol than the ethanol saves. Companies headed by crony corporatists are getting rich off the subsidies and Trump wants to make sure their gravy train continues... actually said he wants to do more of it. Folks, as conservatives, if we can't stand firm on cutting ethanol subsidies, there is literally no federal handout program we will ever be able to cut.

Trump has said that he favors these. He thinks the feds do a great job with the land and he's all for it. This is where the federal government intercedes to take away land rightfully owned by the states. It could be land the states could use for resources such as water, coal, oil and natural gas. It could be lands used by the locals for fishing and hunting.. but that doesn't matter to Trump. Apparently, Federalism doesn't matter either. If the Feds want it, the Feds can take it. In the east, it's not that big of a deal but out west, some of the states are more than 50-60% state land. It's frightening to think he believes the Federal government should have this kind of power over the states.
I can't argue against you on these. Only to say is Hillary any better? We only have the two viable choices.
6. Taxing the Rich.
Trump has said "We're going to tax the rich!" His original tax plan calls for cuts to the top marginal wage earners in America but he has since recanted and says that will be subject to negotiation and would probably change. Translation: I'm giving that up before negotiations even begin to the Democrats. So... since the top marginals are who pay the majority of the tax in America, his wonderful tax plan that everyone applauded including conservatives, is basically gutted so that we can adopt the liberal meme... tax the rich!

Someone should inform Mr. Trump that we don't tax wealth in America and the so-called "rich" don't actually pay much earned income tax because they no longer earn income. They do receive dividends and those are taxed at a lower rate, but that's not part of the top marginal earned income tax. Those people are mostly small business owners filing as individuals, as all small businesses do in America. The whole entire "tax the rich" meme is left wing Marxist propaganda and Trump should be ashamed of himself for getting sucked in to repeating it like a fool.
Apple and others have money in other countries they can not be legally forced to bring to the US because they don't want to pay 35% tax on it. By lowering the tax to 10% they will bring in that money here to spend at least as dividends if not as new business ventures. 10% of trillians is better than 35% of nothing so effectively our tax revenues will go up not down once he lowers this tax.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with those who need the least % of their income to sustain life to help those who use 100%+ of their income to sustain their lives. Only two ways to look at this. One is to say their lives aren't worth sustaining and to let them die or to take from those who have it and give to those who don't.
Another gem from his speech at the convention was his mentioning of the sad shape of our roads and bridges. This was a line parroted by Clinton and Obama in the 2008 campaign and considered a championed cause of the left. You see, somehow our nation has survived 250 years without proper roads and bridges being built by the federal government. It's true! I'm not sure how we've managed but somehow we have. I guess people have had to use machetes to cut paths to work and maybe swim across some creeks? But now, we suddenly have this wonderful man who is going to take care of that problem for us! Praise the Lord! But.... didn't we already give Obama a trillion dollars to build roads and bridges? And didn't he end up admitting there were no "shovel ready jobs" out there?

Now... I know many of you across America are tired of having to hack your way to work with the machete and swim across the creeks and rivers... but here in Alabama, we all get together in our cities and the capitol and agree to appropriate funds in order to build roads and bridges where we need them. Everyone pitches in and pays a little property tax or sales tax, and all is well. And while we do have our share of pot holes here and there, we have yet to lose anybody in one. When they get really bad, the states and cities have fleets of trucks that go out and patch the holes and life goes on. Just an idea, Mr. Trump.

8. Health care reform.
Trump shouts out that he is going to "repeal and replace Obamacare!" And the crowds go wild! Cheers go up to the rafters! What he doesn't say is what he actually wants to "replace" the ACA with. He has said in the past (like a few months ago) that he wants universal health care for every American and that he likes the individual mandate. So, in other words... he wants to replace Obamacare with the health care plan that even the Democrats couldn't get passed in Congress with their own liberal cabal... Single Payer. Now, of course, he is going to try and open this up to the private market and allow interstate portability, but with the federal government writing the checks to private corporations, what do you think will likely happen there? Is there maybe a chance there will be some collusion? Some crony corporatism and influence peddling? Naahhh... our politicians and federal bureaucrats and private sector opportunists aren't corruptible. What could possibly go wrong?
Highways bridges, hot air admittedly.

I believe Trump wants Single Payer. My sister is suffering with hepatitis C and Liver Cirrhosis, plus other problems. She lost her Medicaid when her youngest turned 18. She can't have another child so she can get medical care reinitiated because her tubes have been tied. She has no hope. She is a Conservative, I am a Libertarian. It's hard to sit by and let your family die because of hard hearted philosophy's like not taking care of the poor you folks have. I understand we take care of them they feel better about themselves they turn around and start breeding defeating the purpose of helping them in the first damn place.

Help the poor, it's only humane. But those receiving help need to be willing to be sterilized so they don't produced any more poor. In time the problem will become manageable.
9. Defeating ISIS
Again... the crowds roar when he talks tough about wiping out radical Islamic terrorism. And I like that he is taking this on in such a bold and forceful way but he says some things that worry me. He has intimated that he thinks the way to defeat them is to "cut off their oil supply" and that is a fine strategy if we are up to the task. I'm not so sure that we are. This is going to mean US military boots on the ground to surround and control the oil wells in the Middle East. Lots of players are not going to like that. People will have to die. It's not going to be a picnic like he seems to think it will be. People like Putin in Russia are probably not going to be cool with us controlling all that oil they've been buying from the bad guys. What are we going to do when the flag-draped coffins start sailing into New York? He's a republican president, so you know the news will have the "daily body count" reported for the nation to ponder. Will Americans have the stomach for this policy or will he have to cave to political pressure?

It brings up another aspect regarding Trump... his personality. We've already seen many prime examples of how he reacts when people don't go along with his ideas. Well, this is an idea that a lot of people aren't going to go along with. He's good at criticizing Bush about Iraq but he doesn't seem to understand that he is essentially proposing the same sort of thing. US military intervention in a foreign country. Cowboy diplomacy... it's easy to talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... so there are my list of grievances with Trump policies in a nutshell. All are reason-based and rooted in my principled conservative convictions. I like some of his ideas... The wall, cracking down on illegal immigration, tougher vetting of immigrants from radicalized areas, opening up energy production capabilities... all very good and reasonable ideas that I can support. So it's not ALL bad... it's a mixed bag. On a scale of 1 to 10, Trump is a 5 where Hillary is probably a negative integer.

I would like to hear Trump talk more about reducing the size and scope of government. He said not one word in his speech about where he wants to cut the federal budget. He mentioned it, said it was out of control, but all I hear him talking about are things that will increase the budget by billions of dollars and there's not much he has said in terms of cuts other than "eliminate waste, fraud and abuse" which is boilerplate doublespeak. I mean, I don't recall waste, fraud or abuse being included on the lines of the federal budget, nor do I think congress appropriates such items when they approve budgets. There has been no talk of what he plans to do about Social Security and the clock is ticking on when it's going under. It's something we really need to know about and do something about very soon. But of course.. the LGBTQ issues... those are far more important these days, I guess? :dunno:
Send our military in, or fly our bombers over their heads and kill them where they propagate. Then LEAVE! If they do it again you kill them again until their are no trouble makers left alive. If that means killing all of them, so be it.

I didn't even care to read all of that. The truth is, the reason to not vote for Trump is quite clear: he is an insecure little girl trapped in the body of a grown, orangutang-looking douche bag. He is stupid, ignorant, and has zero understanding of government administration, business, money, and the slightest sense of professionalism. He is an embarrassment to America. An embarrassment unlike anything this country has seen in politics.
If you didn't read it your opinion is irrelevant dumbfuck
Nah, my opinion is always relevant.

1. Trade Policy.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.

4. Ethanol subsidies.

6. Taxing the Rich.

8. Health care reform.

9. Defeating ISIS

Dude you didn't need this long rant it's simple what your issue is with trump

YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT!

The problem is, I don't believe Trump is any better of a choice. He may be worse. We may be jumping off the ship to escape Dracula into the waters with Jaws. We don't know how he is going to govern once elected, he may very well be more liberal than Hillary would ever have the balls to be. I know that sounds hard to believe but I think he has a lot of people fooled.

Correct, we don't know how he will govern. We don't know who he will pick for the Supreme Court that will be the law of the land for the next generation or two. But we do know how Hillary will govern and who she will pick for the Supreme Court.

If you're in Vegas playing cards, and you're dealt a hand where you can't even make a pair, do you throw in three cards and hope for better ones, or do you hope everybody else folds and your ace high wins the game?

Yes, it would be if he could possibly get it passed by the Congress and Senate, just like most of the things he says he wants.

On that note, take a look at what Hillary is running on, and ask yourself how much of this she will get done with a Republican Congress and likely Senate:

Don't act like Trump is the lone wolf when it comes to promises from presidential candidates.

Oh I agree- but Trump is calling for a unilateral 45% tax increase on goods from China.

Clinton is not.

1. Trade Policy.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.

4. Ethanol subsidies.

6. Taxing the Rich.

8. Health care reform.

9. Defeating ISIS

Dude you didn't need this long rant it's simple what your issue is with trump

YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT!

Poor Odious Trumpsters - so irritated when people bring up Trump's own positions.

I didn't even care to read all of that. The truth is, the reason to not vote for Trump is quite clear: he is an insecure little girl trapped in the body of a grown, orangutang-looking douche bag. He is stupid, ignorant, and has zero understanding of government administration, business, money, and the slightest sense of professionalism. He is an embarrassment to America. An embarrassment unlike anything this country has seen in politics.
If you didn't read it your opinion is irrelevant dumbfuck
Nah, my opinion is always relevant.
And wrong.

Oh I agree- but Trump is calling for a unilateral 45% tax increase on goods from China.

Clinton is not.

Correct, she is not. But take a look at all her other issues and tell me she can implement any of those. But even if she could, we would be longing the days when we were ONLY 19 trillion in debt.

1. Trade Policy.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.

4. Ethanol subsidies.

6. Taxing the Rich.

8. Health care reform.

9. Defeating ISIS

I didn't read your entire essay here, but you said that you are being racked over the coals for not supporting Trump. I am racking you over the coals for supporting Hellary.....big difference. At least follow other disgruntled conservatives and vote Johnson.

Right, waste your vote on someone with no chance to win and split the opposition to the hildabitch, ensuring her win. Does that really make sense to you if the point is to deny the hildabitch the win.

From a more conservative point of view, you either do something to usher Hillary into the White House, or you do something to stop her.

I can't remember the last election I participated in to elect somebody. I go to the polls to keep the worst of the two candidates (or parties) out.

Trump might surprisingly be the best President we've ever had, on the other hand, the worst. And if that happens, I will have no guilt because I did what I could possibly do to keep us out of the claws of a pathological liar like Hillary.

I went to the bank to follow up on a loan I applied for, and the loan manager asked me for my ID so he could copy it and keep it in my records. I accidentally gave him my gun license. He stared at it for a few moments prompting me to reexamine my wallet to discover the mistake. I asked him for my gun license back and handed him my drivers license.

It was no big deal until I started to put my gun license back in my wallet, and never realized how valuable it was until that day, because that gun license may very well be worthless in a few short years after Hillary invades the White House and loads our courts with a bunch of Commie leftists.

If you can't decide between Hillary and Trump, then look at it another way: a decision between upholding our Constitution or tearing it apart. That would be more realistic.

I understand what you're saying. Believe me, I have certainly contemplated what life after a Hillary win would be like and it's a nightmare. I just don't know that I can stomach voting for Trump. I feel like it's going to be the same nightmare or worse. This guy is a showman, he has built his success on it. He knows how to put on a show. He's also been a NY liberal for 65 years... until he decided to run for president as a Republican.

I'm just laying out my issues with his policies from a conservative perspective. I think these are some important questions for conservatives to raise with Trump and that is how our system is supposed to work. This is how "the people" influence the government. You hold your candidates accountable for upholding or promoting your core philosophies.

I understand "he's not perfect but he ain't hillary" ...I get that argument... but does that mean we give the guy a blank check and let him do whatever he pleases? Or should we not voice our opinions and try to steer him toward what we believe in?

1. Trade Policy.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.

4. Ethanol subsidies.

6. Taxing the Rich.

8. Health care reform.

9. Defeating ISIS

How's that hitlery votin of your coming along?

I understand what you're saying. Believe me, I have certainly contemplated what life after a Hillary win would be like and it's a nightmare. I just don't know that I can stomach voting for Trump. I feel like it's going to be the same nightmare or worse. This guy is a showman, he has built his success on it. He knows how to put on a show. He's also been a NY liberal for 65 years... until he decided to run for president as a Republican.

I'm just laying out my issues with his policies from a conservative perspective. I think these are some important questions for conservatives to raise with Trump and that is how our system is supposed to work. This is how "the people" influence the government. You hold your candidates accountable for upholding or promoting your core philosophies.

I understand "he's not perfect but he ain't hillary" ...I get that argument... but does that mean we give the guy a blank check and let him do whatever he pleases? Or should we not voice our opinions and try to steer him toward what we believe in?

I understand your concern, but look at it this way, no presidential candidate gets what they want. All they can really tell you is where their mind is at.

Take a look at the Hillary list of things she "claims" to be for. She can't get any of them past the Congress or Senate.

Even if she could pass half of what she has on this list, we will look back with fond memories of what it was like to be ONLY 19 trillion dollars in debt.

Donald is a showman, a person quick on his feet when insulted, a very arrogant person, but at least he's not a criminal. This entire email scandal is exactly what we are sick of. Anybody else outside of the circle would have been indicted and put before a grand jury for what Hillary did. But because she's in the beltway and a politician, all is forgiven. You either support this kind of corruption or join the movement for real change.

As a businessman, you fully understand the hell DumBama has put you (and many other businesses) through. Larger operations are doing what they can to keep their full-time staff under 50 employees. They favor better when they hire green card people because they don't count for that 50 employee ObamaCare threshold which encourages them not to hire Americans. Why would you vote for more of that????

1. Trade Policy.

3. LGBTQ Agenda.

4. Ethanol subsidies.

6. Taxing the Rich.

8. Health care reform.

9. Defeating ISIS

Right, waste your vote on someone with no chance to win and split the opposition to the hildabitch, ensuring her win. Does that really make sense to you if the point is to deny the hildabitch the win.

No, it doesn't make sense, but at the margin, I'd rather a vote for Johnson than one for Hellary. I agree with you in principle, a vote for a third party only serves to make the person casting the vote feel good. I do not want the pantsuit bulldyke in the whitehouse, and will even vote for a big orange clown to prevent it.

Forum List

Back