My franchise boss visited me

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Appears my store is doing so crappy that they want to buy me out and replace me with a new owner that can grow the store and get the franchise more $$$

They said I must decide within 2021 and they’re offering $220-255,000 on a store that is now on par with the Detroit lions
Most depressed I have ever been
I was bottom 5 in Oregon and I am bottom 5 in Nevada
They said my store will only sell for 100-150,000 when my contract runs up in 2025

I am feeling as low as a ..

I don't understand.

Why should they give a shit as long as they get their rent? I thought all these franchises made their bank on rent?

My husband specialized in building businesses and selling them as successful concerns. Then when the new owners ran them into the ground he would buy them back and start all over again. Mostly restaurants. He always said "Watch the olives. The olives will tell you how successful you will be." I built two businesses from nothing into making good money within six months.

Franchises usually control most of the working business so it's hard to see how you fail.

I don't understand.

Why should they give a shit as long as they get their rent? I thought all these franchises made their bank on rent?

oh nos. Not like that at all. Just depends on the company. Our local Honda dealership lost their Honda franchise because the owner refused to redo the entire front of the building he had just built to their specs when they decided a few months later they were changing the look of Honda dealerships and demanded he spent a fortune redesigning his already new exterior.

A lot of these companies also have an obsession with "market-share". They care less about your profitability and more about your share of the local market. Dunkin doughnuts is no longer in my city for this reason. They kept making demands that the franchisee open more and more and more locations. When he could no longer afford to open any more franchise locations, they refused to renew his contract. That story deters anybody else from even thinking about stepping up to the DD plate around here. You can have the most profitable store ever and they don't care if you aren't using all that money and then some to build new locations for them.

Appears my store is doing so crappy that they want to buy me out and replace me with a new owner that can grow the store and get the franchise more $$$

They said I must decide within 2021 and they’re offering $220-255,000 on a store that is now on par with the Detroit lions
They said my store will only sell for 100-150,000 when my contract runs up in 2025

You should get into politics man.

With that record you have a brilliant career waiting for you in the Biden Administration !!

I don't understand.

They have periodic inspections to make sure you are towing their line..
Yeah, I know that.

. . what I was not clear on, was what the profitability had to do with it.

A lot of these franchises just charge them rent, and then, if you are "towing their line," your finances are your own damn business.

You are your own boss.

Sell! Send the proceeds to me. I'll make jewelry out of cymbals, mark up the price, buy stocks in Stitchfix, sell, and buy property, invest in pharmaceuticals, invest in irrigation, sell and sit on my ass while you figure out what you did wrong.

I don't understand.

They have periodic inspections to make sure you are towing their line..
Yeah, I know that.

. . what I was not clear on, was what the profitability had to do with it.

A lot of these franchises just charge them rent, and then, if you are "towing their line," your finances are your own damn business.

You are your own boss.
I pay rnontly royalties to the Franchise
They want me out !! They can’t legally do a damn thing until 2025

If you're bottom 5 in two states, you might want to do something else.

Well my previous careers were far worse .if you could believe that
I was a bomb in sales , even worked the suicide prevention line and was a Wallmart Greeter

I talked to my parents and told them that I need to see where things are in 6 months ?
Right now I am at my “breaking point “
I have zero employees and I am getting hammered at work

My husband specialized in building businesses and selling them as successful concerns. Then when the new owners ran them into the ground he would buy them back and start all over again. Mostly restaurants. He always said "Watch the olives. The olives will tell you how successful you will be." I built two businesses from nothing into making good money within six months.

Franchises usually control most of the working business so it's hard to see how you fail.
I bombed 2 business with the same franchise model in 2 states
I feel like a giant failure

Forum List

Back