My five favorite romantic movies.

3e344c0b137e780a0454cf5d1cd074d6.jpg

Anyone else have any favorite love stories ?
Mine are;
Ghost
Me, Myself and Irene
So I Married an Axe Murderer

Sleepless in Seattle
Fever Pitch

Some of my favorites are those that DON"T have a happy ending. I guess I like these movies because they're more realistic than most love stories. Let's face it, as The J. Geils Band once famously proclaimed, "Love Stinks". So some of my favorites include - Love Story (NOT to be confused with Deliverance!), with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal. The ending is really sad, but I like the acting and the music in the movie. Gone With The Wind, an impressive film in its style and majesty. Of course it DOES have an unhappy ending, but that's one of the things I like about the movie. Rocky Horror Picture Show, a tale of unrequited love Dr. Frankenfurter has for his creation, Rocky. And it has a sad ending, as well. Finally, there's Charly, the movie based on the book Flowers for Algernon, that stars Cliff Robertson in a fantastic performance as Charly. In the movie, Charly gains a deep love for learning everything he can after he receives brain surgery to improve his intelligence. Charly also cares for and loves Algernon, the laboratory mouse that received the same brain surgery before Charly. Algernon and Charly have "races" to see which one is more intelligent. Algernon goes through an actual maze, while Charly does the maze on paper. As Charly's intelligence increases, he does better and better against Algernon, until he beats him one day. The movie, like the book, is fascinating, but both have an almost unbearably sad ending. I can't recommend this movie highly enough. It is a classic that should be seen by everyone, of all ages.

Some of my favorites are those that DON"T have a happy ending. I guess I like these movies because they're more realistic than most love stories. Let's face it, as The J. Geils Band once famously proclaimed, "Love Stinks". So some of my favorites include - Love Story (NOT to be confused with Deliverance!), with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal. The ending is really sad, but I like the acting and the music in the movie. Gone With The Wind, an impressive film in its style and majesty. Of course it DOES have an unhappy ending, but that's one of the things I like about the movie. Rocky Horror Picture Show, a tale of unrequited love Dr. Frankenfurter has for his creation, Rocky. And it has a sad ending, as well. Finally, there's Charly, the movie based on the book Flowers for Algernon, that stars Cliff Robertson in a fantastic performance as Charly. In the movie, Charly gains a deep love for learning everything he can after he receives brain surgery to improve his intelligence. Charly also cares for and loves Algernon, the laboratory mouse that received the same brain surgery before Charly. Algernon and Charly have "races" to see which one is more intelligent. Algernon goes through an actual maze, while Charly does the maze on paper. As Charly's intelligence increases, he does better and better against Algernon, until he beats him one day. The movie, like the book, is fascinating, but both have an almost unbearably sad ending. I can't recommend this movie highly enough. It is a classic that should be seen by everyone, of all ages.
You just reminded me of another one.
(sorry - happy ending:))

Chick flicks have never been my most favorite form of a movie, but of the few that I do like, my most favorite is Runaway Bride.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Step Mom and Where The Heart Is round out my top three.

Forum List

Back